Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: 360 VET Methods
    Posted: April 28 2005 at 4:40pm

KingJames23's Method

How To Get Waves 

(New updated pictures coming soon)

The curls/coils in your hair are the key to getting waves. If your hair is straight the you will not get waves because a wave is a straightened out curl. The curlier (or nappy) your hair is, the more waves you will have in your hair. Deep waves comes from letting your hair grow. Everyone’s waves will not look the same, it depends on your hair type.
Some people have different textures throughout their head, therefore your waves may have a slightly different look or may not be totally the same. Though it may not be noticeable.
Pomade is not what develops waves. So if you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter. Pomade is used to help hold down your hair and help define them, but it isn’t necessary for the process.

Use pomade before your brush/du rag
Brush hair at most 1/1 ½ hours daily
Clean hair at least every other day to keep hair healthy
Brush hair in shower to make them more uniform
Wear du rag when not busy and to bed.
Spray du rag with water or moisturizer while wearing.
Get a hair cut every 2-4 weeks to make them deeper
While hair is long, comb hair as well as brush (hard brush)

Brushing: When brushing your hair start from the center of your head and brush out in every direction towards your lining. Example: From the crown to your forehead, crown to your left temple, etc. From your crown it should make a circle.

Pomade: Pomade is not what makes waves so if you don’t use it, it doesn’t matter. Pomade is used to help hold down your hair and help define them, but it isn’t necessary for the process. Either place a fingertip of pomade into your hand and rub it until it softens, place it in a sink of hot water until it melts, or melt it with a blow drier, then apply it evenly into your hair. Thoroughly rub it into your hair with your palm. If the pomade isn’t melted, take a hot towel and place it on your head to melt the grease, or you can use a blow drier. After you apply the pomade brush it into your hair.

Moisturizing: Use pink lotion or Scurl Moisturizer to keep your hair from drying out. Whenever you think you need it throughout the day.

Ice Pomade: Use this pomade sparingly (going out, etc.), it is possible that it will damage or irritate the skin near your lining.

Water technique: While you are brushing, spray your hair with water and brush it dry. Keep repeating this until you’re finished brushing.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 4:43pm

Blazer15's 360VET Method

1Brush hair in shower the same way you normaly, do the top-straight, sides-angle, and back-down.

2. Then dry your hair the same way you brushed, but don't let it dry all da way.

3. Brush your hair till it dries. Brush for 15-20 minutes.

4. Put in some activator in your hair to help better develope your waves or to get your waves started.

5. Then brush for 15-20 minutes.

6. Then put in what ever pomade you want and brush for 20 -30 min

7. Do this every other day to keep your hair healthy.

Example: Wash it wednesday, skip washing thursday, then wash it on friday. On the days you don't wash, you brush it. Then put on your du rag or wave cap. Do not put it on both at the same time. If you are going to put on your wave cap, take the du rag off for air and brush it for like 20-40 min before you put the cap on.

If you dedicate your time to this method you should see results in 2-3 weeks depending on how short your hair is. Also never give up, you have to always be patient.

Edited by BIGGMike
Look to the skies and keep your eyes on the prize! I been through Hell but, STILL I RISE!
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 4:48pm

360SPINNA'S WAVE METHOD (360VET)

MATERIALS NEEDED:

1. A few good brushes
2. A couple of du-rags
3. Moisturizer, pomade and or conditioning gel(I use let's jam, shea butter, luster pink oil moisturizer, doo gro and sportin' waves gold)
4. Shampoo and conditioner
5. A timer or clock
6. Facial cleanser

MORNING ROUTINE IN/OUT OF SHOWER:

1. Place your head under the flow of water and brush each section for 30sec.
2. Rub in shampoo in the direction of your desired wave pattern and then brush in the shampoo for 1-2minutes each section.
3. Rinse out shampoo while brushing.
4. Repeat step 2 with conditioner, brush in for 20sec each side and leave it in until your done showering.
***shampoo/condition hair every 2-3 days and on off days just brush in shower for a couple of minutes***
5. Use a towel to get rid of the extra water.
6. Rub moisturizer or doo gro in hair and brush hair for a couple of minutes, then du-rag it.

NIGHTLY BRUSHING ROUTINE:
**make sure you use a comfortable brush**

1a. Apply a generous amout of moisturizer, pomade, or conditioning gel to top of head.
1b. With 2 of the same brushes, brush top-left and top-middle for 1minute.
1c. Next brush the top-middle and top-right for 1minute
1d. Repeat step 1b. and 1c. again.
1e. Don't rest when going through steps 1b-1d, Rest for 1minute after completing step 1d and move on to step 2a.

2a. Repeat step 1a on the back of your head.
2b. With 2 brushes, brush left-middle and right-middle for 1 minute.
2c. Brush left and right side for 1minute.
2d. Brush the area right behind each ear where the sides connect to the back at for 1minute.
2e. Repeat steps 2b-2d
2f. Don't rest during steps 2b-2e, rest for 1minute after 2e and move on to step 3a.

3a. Repeat step 1a on both sides of your head.
3b. With 2 brushes, brush both sides for 3minutes without stopping.
3c. Rest for 1minute and move on to step 4.

4. Repeat steps 1a-3b 2 more times(only put in pomade, conditioning gel or moisturizer when you need it) then cleanse your face to remove any build up of pomade, gel or moisturizer to prevent acne.

5. Rub in doo gro and Du-rag it for the night, or for a hour and then move on to step 6.

6. Repeat the whole process 1-3 more times if you feel you need it, rub in doo gro, cleanse your face, then du-rag it for the night.

*steps 1a-3b takes about 16minutes(rest included) to do.

*this routine is great for the big head brothas , but can be adjusted to better suit the normal size head brothas, instead of brushing the top-left and top-middle at the same time you can just do top-left and top-right, the same for the back.

360Spinna was a wave verteran long before he was voted into 360VETS. We look forward to his contributions and advice. If you have any questions hit him up on the private messenger or post you questions on the 3rd or 4th page. 

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 11:23am
**UPDATED**

360SPINNA'S NEW WAVE METHOD

This is the method I used after I got that jacked up cut a month ago, as yall can see it works.

MATERIALS NEED:

1. 2 soft brushes and 2 medium brushes
2. A couple of du-rags
3. Carrot cream and doo gro
4. Shampoo and conditioner
5. A timer or clock
6. Facial cleanser

MORNING ROUTINE IN/OUT OF SHOWER:

*soft brush only*

1. Place your head under the flow of water and brush each section for 30seconds.
2. Rub in shampoo in the direction of your desired wave pattern and then brush in the shampoo for 1-2minutes each section.
3. Rinse out shampoo while brushing.
4. Rub in conditioner, brush in for 20sec each side and leave it in
until your done showering.
***shampoo/condition hair every 2-3days and on off days just brush in shower for a couple of minutes***
5. Use a towel to get rid of the extra water.
6. Apply Carrot cream in hair and brush each side for a minute, then du-rag it.

NIGHTLY BRUSHING ROUTINE:

1. Apply a generous amount of carrot cream to top of head.
2. With 2 medium brushes, brush the top of your head for 5minutes.
3. Apply generous amount of carrot cream to the back of your head.
4. With 2 medium brushes, brush the back of your head for 5minutes.
5. Apply generous amount of carrot cream to both of your sides.
6. With 2 medium brushes, brush both of your sides for 5 minutes.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 with a soft brush, and instead of brushing for
5minutes brush for 10minutes.

*steps 1-7 takes about  45minutes to complete. I usually do steps 1-7
twice.

8. When done brushing, clean your face with a facial cleanser.
*apply doo gro if your hair is thinning or if you want it to grow faster*

9. Throw on a fresh du-rag

before:

after:

THE END

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2005 at 3:04pm

Blackwallstreet's 360VET Method

Supplies-

2 brushes. one hard and one medium/soft

pomades. sportin waves and s-curl 360 style

du-rag and wave cap

s-curl moisturizer activator spray

shampoo and conditioner which contains a moisturizing formula

Process-

The process starts at night when you take your shower. Apply the shamppo first like your applying pomade. Brush it in and brush it out. Then do the same for the conditioner. When done take your towel and just wipe in the direction you brush once or just dab to take some water off but leave hair damp a lil.

Apply the s-curl activator/moisturizer to head evenly and brush for 15 mins. Brush so that the moisturizer/activator soaks in your head but leave it a lil moist.

Apply your pomade. I recommend 360 Style after your hair cut and use a hard brush to brush it in. Your head may be sore but after a day or two it'll be fine. When your hair grows out step up to sportin waves. You may use your hard brush in the shower and use your medium/soft brush for this process. It depends on you.

Now go and rinse your face with whatever product you use. This should be the last step because all the moisturizer and pomade will be washed clear and facial bacterias form at night mostly.

Now it should be time to sleep or chill so throw on a wave cap and and du rag. This combo allows side hair to stay flat and it allows you to tie your du-rag looser so there are no more marks on your head. However unless your on the westcoast take your wave cap off and wear a du-rag. Repeat the next night.

Comments-

I used this process with straight hair. I see results usually about 3 weeks after. So the key ingredient is to be patient and brush. Never break your pattern. Once you see "S" curls appearing your doing something right. So just keep following my meth and your straight hair will be spinning. My spinners took almost 4 months to fully accomplish. Remember to switch hands for each half of your head when brushing. Also remember to tell the barber to cut your hair in a Ceasar and cut with your grain.

"His name caught my attention first,  I knew he was different." Balckwallstreet has a unique style that defines "Spinning" in a whole new light. I'd like to welcome him as a 360VET".

Edited by BIGGMike
2-LIVE-OR-DIE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 11:29am

WUTS GUD MAN I WOULD HAVE TO SAY UR WAVES ARE TIGHT ASS HELL. ANYWAYS HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU 2 GET THEM. fOR A NEW MEMBER LIKE MYSELF HOW WOULD I START OUT GETTING THEM N WHICH IS THE BEST POMADE 2 USE HOW OFETN DO I APPLY IT

HOLLA BACK

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 4:22pm

jerrel, yes spray with H20 while wearing your du rag. It will keep your hair soft while the du rag is training your hair to lay down.

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 4:30pm

2-LIVE-OR-DIE, aren't you from 360 Part 1?

It took me about 2 months and I'm still trying to train it.
Pomade Brand does not make a difference but I use Sporting Wave Max (Gold can) because it's strong but lighter than Dax or Murray's.

Follow the step outlined by KJ23 to get started. Make sure you do it everday until you get it like you want it. You don't have us pomade everyday once you've trained your hair.

2-LIVE-OR-DIE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 4:56pm

BIGGMIKE, NO I DON'T THINK IM FROM 360 PART 1 WUTS UP WITH SPRAYING THE HAIR WITH WATER THING. HO WOULD A PERSON LIKE KET WAVES LIKE KINGJAMES23 WOULD IF MY HAIR IS A LITTLE STRAIGHT

KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:32pm
that just make no sense i cant really understand what u r saying

Edited by KingJames23
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 2:50pm

Spraying the hair with water will soften it and allow it to be shaped and trained. The pomade will hold it in place and the water softens it.

Your du rag and brush will do the rest!

BigLaw View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 1:54pm

well what i wanted to know is wat type of brush should you use because i using a soft brush right now and i already have some waves but their not in a 360 how can i get that help me

360 Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 6:49pm
just keep brsuhing they will come
360 Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 6:50pm
you must learn to be patient keep the method you are using right now and brsuh your hair in the right direction and soon you will be spinning. read some of the old threads to see a picture of how you should brush your hair
pmp4lfjmike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:29am
yep

BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 4:31pm

pmp4lfjmike's Method (535 Post)

1. Wash your hair with shampoo every day if you want (don't use soap on hair)

2. Next get a lil pomade in yo hand, a lil, and rub it on your hair while your still in the shower

3. Brush your hair while there is still pomade in your head after your done

4. Wash you hair completely out then dry your hair until your hair is nice and smooth

5. Get a hot rag and lay it on your hair for while and then repeat step

6. Use any pomade after the hot towel, but for me I use sportinwaves in the gold can or when newly cut, I use 360 scurl

7. And after you are finished, put your wave cap or du rag on. I use a durag cuase it's better to me

8. After your have done steps 1 - 7 and 30 min have passed, get a hot rag and lay it on your hair 2 times again so you can get that smoothness going on!

After you have been doing this for 3 years and 5 mounths and have never broken your pattern you will truely understand what 360 Spinnin is all about.

pmp method         

Edited by BIGGMike
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 4:34pm

This is another guy who know 360 Waves. He has been posting for quite a while. I know he has good tips and he comes with the facts.

PMP Method >>>>>>>> You Dig!

Tsunami_131 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 3:08pm
  yo one question 4 u brotha what in the world is ice pomade send me pic of it and ima use it iight
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 4:30pm
Fantasia Ic-Ice Pomade  Is humidity resistant and hold hairstyles, even in damp, humid conditions. Defrizzes, straightens, smoothes and tames wavy, defiant hair. Better manageability and control. Mold, sculpt, slick, finger place and define styles. Adds moisture, texture and shine to dry, brittle, stressed and damaged hair. Lite formula, water soluble, no alcohol and no build-up.
BIGGMike View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 4:33pm
CHECK YOUR MAIL

Edited by BIGGMike
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic