Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone tried using falls?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
materialgirl79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote materialgirl79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone tried using falls?
    Posted: April 28 2005 at 10:13pm
or partial wigs to add thickness? How well do they blend? Easy to use?
francesgrimble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francesgrimble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 7:51pm

I do historic dance, so I've used tons of falls, braids, and curled hairpieces.  The synthetic ones look fine if you get a good hair match.  I bought mine by mail, there are lots of places on the net.  Send them a piece of hair, also tell them what you think the color is ("medium brown with gold highlights," or whatever). And tell them whether you are African American or not.  Manufacturers make different textures for "ethnic" and other hair.  Get a return policy, so if you don't get a good match you can exchange the hairpiece for another one.  And, well, there you are. 

I find hairpieces look much more natural than full wigs.  One thing:  You hair has to be long enough to attach the hairpiece.  That is, a good portion of your hair has to be long enough to pull to the back of your head. Usually the method is an elastic at the top of a switch or a banana clip on a fall.  If you have some shorter hair in front, you can pin it back with bobby pins and sort of blend it into the length.

Hope this helps,

Fran

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic