Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Shrinkie residue wont come out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xoxsn0whitexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Shrinkie residue wont come out!
    Posted: April 30 2005 at 7:40pm
I cant get it to come alot...i got some out but a lot of it wouldnt come out!!!  I tried the vegetable oil and it did no good...so i put it on my entire head and went to bed with it there btu covered with a towel not to get anywhere and when i woke up in the morning i took a shower and used deep conditiong shampoo and i sat in front of the mirror with a fine tooth comb to try to it to come out and it took a lot of my hair out with it!  how do i get the rest out!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 7:59pm
Ugghh...if you soaked you hair in veggie oil overnight and it's still not coming out, I think it's time for something more powerful. I would recommend trying a drop of acetone on a small area and seeing if that helps. And apparently citrus oils work real well, too. AMM sells them on her site--http://shrinkies.net/--but it sounds like you need an immediate fix. Anyone know where to get orange oil?

Just for curiosity, is your hair bleached? (I assume it is, given the color.) Mine's virtually platinum, too, and I feel like because it's so porous, it's way too hard to get glue out of my hair. And because it's so fine and thin, it really doesn't stand up well to residue removal. For this reason, I'm hesitant to use any glues, including the relatively small amount in shrinkies.

Good luck! :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:07pm
well i dont really dye the whole thing...just lighten the roots...its actually still naturally really light...really weird...i have to color in my eyebrows so u can see them because they are ridiculously LIGHT! it looks like i have no eyebrows...hahaha...my hair is VERY thin and fine...thanks to my father....wish i got my mothers wonderful thick hair..but unfortunately didnt happen i got her pretty blue eyes...I tried the extendtubes..but you could see them because my hair is so thin and people would ask what they were...i tried so many things to try to get them to go unnoticed but sometimes it was just too hard...but the shrinkies since they are clear....you cant see them nearly as bad...i wish i could figure some else out to use to make my hair longer and add some more volume...any ideas...i wonder where i can get orange oil though??? help anyone!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:12pm
The vegetable oil needs to be rubbed in with your thumb and forefinger where the residue is. Do NOT comb through. You need to separate the strands gently, work the oil in, gently separate, etc. The oil needs to be rubbed and worked in. It won't do a thing just sitting on your hair.

When the hair is separated, the residue should be flakey and can be removed down the length of the strand with fingers. The comb is only to remove the tiny flakes remaning and shouldn't be used to work through clumps. That will definitely pull the hair out. Someone mentioned C22 as an orange oil but I have no idea where you could buy that off the shelf somewhere. I also think 3M has a citrus remover and that should be at Office Max or Staples or a similar office store. It's a little expensive but it could get the residue out for you tonight.

Edited by amm
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:19pm
hmmm lots of craft stores have candle making stuff.  That often includes essential oils.  Maybe you could get some orange, or bergamot, or someting at a craft store?

Did you use heat at all to get teh shrinkies out?  a little heat should also loosen up the glue....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:23pm
ya i heated them up..took out the hair and shrkinie and then i had the residue i seriously rubbed the hair for like 5 mins per strand to try to get it out...and it was just STUCK! i tried to reheat too and then it just made it smell bad lol  but throughout the day today i just felt them and the ones left feel like they are starting to not be so bad and come unstranded together if that makes any sense...I had a lot of weird stuff like residue from just the regular ones with the extendtube that i had in my hair which was the majority of my hair...any clue what that is?? i got the hair from kristin so i am guessing it is LG or whatever she uses to glue the tips together...but after a while i noticed towards the roots how like oily and icky my roots were getting because of it..? i thought maybe conditioner i couldnt get out but i hardly ever prob never conditioned that close up.? id ont know but i just wanna get this residue out so i can reput them back in hopefully....i miss my long hair...ill post the pics when i get home! :-)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:33pm
hold on did you get pretipped hair from Kristin?  I think she has fusion glue pretipped hair.  that means you might have some keratin in the mix... I'm not sure what the procedure is for keratin.  but I think you have to use acetone to get it out. 

Double check all this though.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:35pm
I'm curious how there's residue from extentubes.

Oh wait! Did you use fusion hair under the shrinkie?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:44pm
well when i did my first install i did all extendtubes from kristin and i bought all the stuff from her.l..the hair and the extendtubes..so whatever she puts on the end of her hair i have no idea?? and then like 3 weeks or so later i decided i wanted to try some shrinkies because i love extensions but you could see the extendtubes....so i wanted someone less visible...so i bought shrinkies from her.  Anyways i installed those and they were awesome..not a problem with them. But i was noticing around my extendtubes that i had like weird oily sticky icky residue stuff...and when i took the hair out it was really weird...ill take a pic and send it when ig et home...all the hair was like falling apart and i had a lot of shedding with the exendtubes..so im not really sure?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:53pm
would this be an okay heat wand? i used my straightening iron the first time to see if i like them before i spent alot of money on a wand... is this one okay? thanks http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ca tegory=82591&item=5576911124&rd=1&ssPageName=WDV W#ebayphotohosting
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:24pm
You asked about the same clamp a few weeks back. The answer is here:

http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29536 &PN=14

Could you be a little more forthcoming about the hair? Was it stick hair or fusion? I just want to try to help you with the residue that's in your hair and after this many posts, I still don't know if it's just shrinkie residue or hair glue.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:34pm
sorry i tried to find it but i couldnt figure out where it was! my bad! Its whatever kristin uses i bought it from her. Its the same stuff that is her individual strands that she sells. I used the individual strands that i bought from her from her site, and used the extendtube method. I didnt add anything. So whatever Kristin uses to pretip or glue the tips together to sell (her individual strands) that is what i bought..i hope that helds...let me see if her site says anything...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 9:34pm
i bought these http://haircandy.net/10pkextensions.htm
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 10:04pm
Yeah, that's stick hair. I've used at least 50 strands that I've bought from Kristin and none of them have left residue or been a problem. Don't know what that could be in your hair, xo.
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 1:19am

I think the C-22 solvent works very well.  It's one of those citrus based removers.

I've ordered from this site before:

http://store.adventhair.com/2001.html

I think you need to get some of this stuff.

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 9:03pm
Hmmmm... I've never had any residue or heard of anyone having any. Did you by chance leave the wand on the shrinkie too long and melt it to your hair? You'd probably know if you did... Have you tried the orange oil or LG remover? If all else fails try a drop of acetone.

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 9:06pm
Amm also has a citrus remover on her site for $5.99 that even works on my fusion bonds. Its awesome stuff! http://shrinkies.net/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xoxsn0whitexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 10:28pm
Well there is residue from the shrinkies which is the shrinkie residue im sure but the other stuff was just like really made my hair look oily..kind of like conditioner got stuck in that air and didnt wash out like it should have...so it was prob me being dumb...but im sure that is what it is because all the tips from the hair were like weird too...who knows? but im going to order that stuff from amm's site!! i want to do a shrinkie install on sat...ill post some of the pics....
delin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote delin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 2:19pm
I've tried Goo-B-Gone on shrinkie removal...pretty effective.  It's for stickers, glue, etc... It smells very orangey and it's oily.  I would imagine you could grab it at Walmart.  It's pretty common. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic