Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rate flat irons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rate flat irons
    Posted: May 01 2005 at 5:46pm

I am curious in a flat iron and so I  would like ppl to rate based on their use...please mention your hair type as well

maxiglide,CHI, t3, sedu, tcp,solia....ect

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 6:50pm

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 9:22pm

Have used the Bioionic, the Adamsphere Superstar, and the Sedu. If you are looking for the best one, get the Sedu. It is wonderfull. The plates are super smooth. It does not pull your hair and it has a temperature selector. It heats up super fast. It leaves your hair super shiny and soft. If you want to see some reviews, and also some before and after pictures, visit Folica.com. I have not been able to find a better iron. Not even my $350.00 bioionic flat iron, which is now somewhere in my closet. I don't even bother with it. My hair type is 3b. It is super curly and frizzie. It turns into a big fro with the first sign of humidity. But not anymore, thanks to my Sedu. For the summer time I also relax my hair with Artec texture smooth. I have to, because I sweat alot, and it is harder to keep my hair straight. Whatever iron you decide to get, use a really good conditioner and deep condition at least once a week. Regular hair trims are also a must, to keep your hair looking its best. Hope this helps.

Edited by Sharyg11
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 10:40am
Where can I find information about ARTec Texturesmooth? I only saw the thing at hairboutique but i'd like to see reviews and stuff.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 1:52pm
thanks everyone....Sharyg11: your hair  is similar to mine so i was wondering what would u recommend as good conditioners and good deep conditioners.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 11:24pm

Oskana,

There are alot of great conditioners out there. The trick is finding out which one works best for you. I personally love Redken. I use the smooth down shampoo and the smooth down butter treat. The butter treat is a deep conditoner, but you can condition even deeper with it, if you leave it on for 15 min with a heat cap or under a dryer. They also have a line called All soft which is also great. Goldwell has a line called Kerasilk, which is awsome. These products are expensive, but worth every peny. You can find these products on ebay at great prices. For example a got a litter of smooth down shampoo and a litter of smooth down conditioner, both for $ 19.00. At the store the conditoner alone would have cost me $25.00. I also got 2 tubes of butter treat for $13.00. They cost $15.00 each at the salon. Biosilk silk therapy is also very good, and you can also find them on ebay. I will tell you my routine, and may be it will work for you. After shampooing and conditioning with the butter treat, I use a mixture of either Sebastian potion 9 and Biosilk serum, or Lanza strait-line smoother and biosilk silk therapy serum. Use just a little or your hair will be too heavy. These products are very concentrated. I divide my hair in sections and witha large round brush, pull it straight and blow dry it. I don't try to blow dry it perfect. Just enough to get it smooth. I do it really fast. It takes my about 20 minutes. Then I use the flat iron. I use Matrix iron smoothing spray ( it is my favorite) or Redken heat glide, to protect the hair from the heat. I set my Sedu flat iron at 180 degrees, and flat iron my hair (again, section by section). The iron works really fast, so you will be done in no time. My hair comes out perfectly straight, super shiny and smooth. People don't even know I have curly hair. They think it's naturally straight. And I haven't even relaxed my hair in over a year. Summer is comming so I will relax it with my beloved Artec texture smooth. Even though it is meant to be use by profesionals (unlike Rusk, which is meant for home use) I have done it myself at home, and wow! the results are amazing. My hair is super straight and shiny, and it will not frizz even in high humidity. The worst it has ever done is get a little wavy, but still frizz free, shiny and smooth. And that was before I discover my Sedu. I can't wait to see how it will come out now that I have the iron. You will still be able to wear your hair curly if you want to. The curls will just be softer, looser and alot less frizzie. If you decide to get the Artec, you can buy it at Lorabeauty.com. The Rusk you can buy on ebay, or at Diamondbeauty.com. You won't be able to find them at salons. They will only sell them to license professionals. Well, I hope I have help you. Let me know if you have any more questions..

P.S. If you have previoulsy relaxed your hair with Sodium Hydroxide (lye) relaxers, you can not use Rusk or Artec, because they are thio based. It would destroy your hair. Even though Thio is much gentler, it is not compatible with lye relaxers.

Edited by Sharyg11
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 10:26pm
Thank you so much shargy:11. You have given me a wealth of information that will help me so much.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 12:01am
Any time Oskana!! Glad I can help. Let me know how it works out for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic