Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anything that helps with blackheads?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maryc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anything that helps with blackheads?
    Posted: May 03 2005 at 1:54am
Is there anything that will remove blackheads?  I have lots on my nose and they wont go away.  I have used tons of face products, but nothing works.  I thought about going to a dermatologist, but am not sure what exactly they can do for me.  What have you done to get rid of blackheads?
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2005 at 8:33am
Have you tried the pore strips? Do you use a benzyl peroxide wash twice a day? Otherwise, the more drastic option is a prescription from a derm for Retin-A (or whatever they recommend.) This will definitely clear up your blackheads but it can take at least 2 to 3 weeks to see results. Love Retin-A though, great stuff!
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 5:49pm
Neutrogena daily blackhead eliminating scrub is my all time fav!
tbctbc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbctbc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2005 at 10:26pm
microdermabrasion sucks them out...
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 11:31pm

Marcy1,

The pore strips work really good. However I recently discover something even better. Is a facial scrub by Lamas Beauty. It is called pumpkin spice polish. I mainly ordered it because I was looking for a gentle way to exfoliate my skin. I have oily facial skin, but must facial cleansers make my skin feel dry and tight. I was preping myself to use my pore strips, and decided to wash my face with the scrub; which by the way is super soft and gentle, and it smells delicious. I patted my face dry, and grabed my pore strip. I looked in the mirror, and for my surprise all the black heads were gone. Not only that, but my skin felt great. I can't live without it. It is expensive but worth it. You can buy it at Lamasbeauty.com. These products are great. They are 100% natural. And work better than any other products. I use the anti-aging package, and O MY GOD!, my skin is radiant and beautifull. They also have a treatment for the hands. When you use it, your hands feel like silk. I have tried Lancome, Estee Lauder etc. But nothing ever gave me the results these products did. It even stoped my skin from breaking out. Sign up for their club, and you will receive e-mails with special discounts for members only. I take advantage of them. One warning though, once you use these products, you won't be able to use anything else. You will be hooked. They are that good.

maryc1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maryc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 2:06pm
I've tired some pore strips and they never worked before, maybe because I have dry skin.  I will have to experiment with some of the other things you've said.  With that Pumpkin spice polish...can I get that in stores or only online?  What is the website?  Thanks so much for all your help!
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 5:41pm

Hi Mary,

Sorry I took so long to answer. I have been really busy. The website is Lamasbeauty.com. They also sell the products at health food places like Wild Oats supermarkets. I don't know if there is one in your area. Anyway, sign up for their online club, (its free), and you will get great monthly offers. Buy one Get one, 30% off, Free shipping etc. Right now they have a free shipping special but it is only good until tomorrow Sat. May 15th. Hope you can get this on time to take advantage of it. If you can affort it try their cosmoceutical anti-aging skin package. It seems expensive, but when you compare it to the products you get at store like Macy's, you will see you are spending half as much, and getting a much better product. Trust me, this stuff works. It will give you beautifull firm, radiant skin. The kit comes with an amazin body wash, wich is rich in vitamin C, and contains no Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (which dries skin and is also a carcinogen). Most store bought brands contain this harmful ingridient, which by the way, causes premature wrinkles. My skin is prone to break outs. Ever since I use these products, I am pimple free. My skin is bright and healthy, and my old dark spots from previous breakouts are gone. And the greatest thing, my under eye dark circles are gone!. Give them a try. You won't regret it. Also they are 100% Vegan products, and not tested on animals.

oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 2:54pm
omg shargy...with all your great advice you are going to make me a serious pj
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 10:06pm

hahahaha,

Glad I can help Oskana. I have tried so many products, that at least I am glad all the trial and error can be use to help others. Well, I'm sure we will bump into each other again. See you then.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic