Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dominican Women Secrets To Beautiful Hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dominican Women Secrets To Beautiful Hair
    Posted: May 04 2005 at 6:09pm
 Hello everyone I know that this is information that allot of us already know but I thought that it would be nice for the newbies or those just interested in Dominican Haircare.

I have relaxed hair, how do I take care of my hair between visits to my stylist ?

Follow these 10 tips on relaxed hair maintenance:

1) Wash your hair at least twice a week

2) When you do, you should always use a "leave-in" conditioner for at least five minutes...sometimes may put it on in the shower, while doing other things.

3) NEVER, EVER, BLOW-DRY your HAIR WHILE IT'S DRIPPING WET or WHEN YOU GET OUT

OF THE SHOWER!!!!!---BIG NO NO!!!!!---INSTEAD SET YOUR HAIR IN PLASTIC, ROLLERS USING BOBBY PINS TO SECURE THEM OR OTHER ALTERNATIVES. DEPENDING ON YOUR HAIR LENGTH THEN SIT UNDER A HAIR-DRYER FOR 40 TO 50 MINUTES.---although this sounds like a tedious process, the outcome is FANTASTIC!! Many people THINK WILL your hair is naturally straight, because slow drying hair gives it a more "free flowing" feel. After your hair is dry, then use a blow-dryer to eliminate the "form" of the rollers in the hair. Or that night, you might wrap the hair around your head.

4) Touch-ups of relaxer should be every TWO-TO-THREE months FAITHFULLY...EVEN MARK IT ON your CALENDAR!!!!

5) NEVER, EVER, EVER ,EVER, APPLY ANY RELAXER CREAM TO THE ENDS OF YOUR HAIR!!!!!---YOU WILL FRY YOUR HAIR TO A CRISP!!!--ONLY DO YOUR ROOTS.

6) Apply a deep penetrating conditioner and sit under a hair dryer or heat cap for 15 minutes at least once a month.---Some of women do it every time they wash their hair.

7) If you must color your hair..ONLY USE SEMI-PERMANENT HAIR COLOR!!!! ALL PERMANENT HAIR COLOR CONTAIN SOME LEVEL OF PEROXIDE THAT CAN DAMAGE YOUR HAIR!!!---Besides, it looks sooooo tacky when your hair starts to grow out.

8) On a daily basis, you should use light amounts of some kind of "hair oil"or grease to keep you hair shiny and protect it from the sun, air pollution, and heat styling.

9) KEEP THE USE OF CURLING IRONS TO A BARE MINIMUM.-----If you want some curls in your hair, set it in sponge rollers the night before, or use a small round brush and a blow-dryer.---CURLING IRONS SLOWLY DAMAGE YOUR HAIR BY WEAKENING

YOUR ENDS.

10) Although you may not have split ends, you should cut a 1/2 inch to an inch of your hair EVERY TIME YOU RELAX YOUR HAIR.-----not only does cutting your ends give your hair new life, your hair will be better able to hold curls and styles...and it'll look healthier.

Women in the Dominican Republic have been following this hair care regime for MANY MANY YEARS---the above ten steps have almost turned into a "hidden" religion!!!!!! BUT IT'S GUARANTEED THAT IF ANYONE FOLLOWS THE ABOVE TEN STEPS, YOU WILL HAVE HEALTHY, FREE FLOWING, BEAUTIFUL HAIR---ALWAYS!!!!!!-------I hope the above information will help every woman who is on a quest for long beautiful hair.

Edited by Cinnamon
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2005 at 8:58pm
Hi Cinnamon, where did you find these tips? Are you talking about a Blow-out?
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 9:26am
I saw those tips on a website before but I forget the name.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 9:40am
Thanks for the tips.. but trimming 1/2 inch to 1 inch every time you get a touchup, will remove all the newly grown hair. If your hair needs a trim, and it is usually obvious when it does then go ahead and trim. But I wouldn't trim just for the sake of trimming, atleast  dust (a really small trim) the ends. The average person's hair grows 1/2 inch a month...meaning that by the 2nd or 3rd month when you touched up, you just trimmed away all the hair that just grew. If you want your hair to show its growth I wouldn't suggest that.

Edited by cmesweet
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 11:08am

Originally posted by Honeydoo Honeydoo wrote:

Hi Cinnamon, where did you find these tips? Are you talking about a Blow-out?

I got it from a website a long time ago, I don't know where though exactly.

I don't think that it is talking about a blowout (well maybe the middle part regarding blowdrying) just haircare in general.

Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 11:11am

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

Thanks for the tips.. but trimming 1/2 inch to 1 inch every time you get a touchup, will remove all the newly grown hair. If your hair needs a trim, and it is usually obvious when it does then go ahead and trim. But I wouldn't trim just for the sake of trimming, atleast  dust (a really small trim) the ends. The average person's hair grows 1/2 inch a month...meaning that by the 2nd or 3rd month when you touched up, you just trimmed away all the hair that just grew. If you want your hair to show its growth I wouldn't suggest that.

Oh thank you for the tips cmesweet, I was a little confused myself on when or when not to trim this has given me quite a bit of clairity. 

cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 1:18pm
I'm glad to help!
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 2:11pm
Great tips Cinnamin. Ohh and welcome to the board.  I'm new here too and I really like it here.
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
MaxineYoung View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaxineYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2013 at 1:33am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic