Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

VItamin A

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VItamin A
    Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:07pm
I heard it can really help your skin out, especially if you have acne. I was wondering if It would be O.K. to just smash one capsule and put it on my face?
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:19pm

Vitamin A is really good and I don't see a problem with that.   It's in a lot of multi-vitamin tablets.

What I did was take my Vitamin E capsules, bust them open, and put it directly on my lips and I would also add it to my night creme.  It really works. 

Please update this post when you do, I'm very interested in knowing about this.

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2005 at 6:36pm

Hey thanx! The thing is, I was reading a post made by jeffman in which he listed the vitamins that help in battle vith problematic skin.So I started taking beta carotene, zinc, vitamin A and a regular multivitamin tablet and noticed improvement.But than I stumbled upon an article in which says that too much vitamin A can cause birth defects and mutations.Well'I'm not trying to get pregnant or anything, but who knows what might happen 10 yrs from now and I preffer not to take any chances.Than my cousin told me that retinol lotions really work but you have to get a prescription and they're kinda expensive,so I thought I might use some of it that I have left.

Vitamin E on lips? Is it working? What does it do,prevents chapping?

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by poisongirl poisongirl wrote:

Hey thanx! The thing is, I was reading a post made by jeffman in which he listed the vitamins that help in battle vith problematic skin.So I started taking beta carotene, zinc, vitamin A and a regular multivitamin tablet and noticed improvement.But than I stumbled upon an article in which says that too much vitamin A can cause birth defects and mutations.Well'I'm not trying to get pregnant or anything, but who knows what might happen 10 yrs from now and I preffer not to take any chances.Than my cousin told me that retinol lotions really work but you have to get a prescription and they're kinda expensive,so I thought I might use some of it that I have left.

Vitamin E on lips? Is it working? What does it do,prevents chapping?

I'm sorry I got to your post so late!!  Yes I was in Walgreens a coupl weeks ago and saw that prenatal pills have like over 1,000 mcg in Vitamin A.  So that person has a point.   Centrum has just enough Vitamin A in it.  I take it and it is really good.

The vitamin E on the lips really work.  My lips were sooo dryed out and I tried everything.  At night, What I do is take a teabag (black tea, chamomile, or any kind) run it under warm water.  Ring it out  (but not too much) and I take it press it on my lips for a good 2 minutes.  Then I used 1 gel caplet of Vitamin E right on my lips. And when I wake up the next morning, my lips are butta soft.  No more chapping.  I did this non-stop for 1 week.

Edited by sugaplum
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic