Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Another TRIM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
shiverpale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another TRIM
    Posted: May 08 2005 at 10:18am

oh..i mean the shape of it at the back...not style as in choppy layers or anything!

i also find its best to trim a little off rather than visit a hair salon. then again, i fully trust my partner to dust mine, and havent stepped into a hairdressers for many many manyyyyy years! i do want to have a go at doing it myself tho...giving it a good trim that is (an inch off or something).  i did a little dusting last night..and it turned out fine..so fingers crossed when i do attempt feyes method!

"The hair is the richest ornament of women."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 10:12am

hi again bob!...

you paint beautiful pictures and great speedy growth of your partners hair. I can tell from your words how much you admire her mane!

her hair is only 2 and a half inches from my length...Lovely lovely!  and by the looks of things, it will reach and grow over my length in no time at all!

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 9:12am
Originally posted by shiverpale shiverpale wrote:

hey kath, what style did you opt for? and did you find doing it yourself easy?

My hair doesn't undergo style changes. It's blunt cut at the bottom, and the hemline is square. The kind of trim I plan from now on is small enough that it won't change my length noticeably.

I find it much easier to trim a bit off my hair often than to find time in my irregular schedule to make an appointment, then have to make sure I only lose what I want.

Doing it this way I can defuse the urge to trim before it reaches a critical state.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 9:48pm
Hello to you! It's 33" now, Shiverpale, which is hip length on her 5'3" frame. The longest hair at the sides is an actual 30". It's natural brunette, all one length, and it's its longest ever!
Her hair was pixie cut as recently as June '98. (Too old at 38 for long hair, y'know!) After a few "bumps"initially, it's been full speed ahead, going from shoulders (15" in Nov. '01) to hips now, with about 5-6" of trimming. Bob

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 3:39pm

hi bob,

i can relate to the tangles bit from not cutting it. its not nice having to cut an inch or so off when you dont want too...but once you have, its kind of a relief because youre tangle free! plus as a partner, you can get to brush it without hitting any knotty bits.

how long is your wifes hair? by your words i get the feeling it is verrrry long!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 3:33pm

hey kath, what style did you opt for? and did you find doing it yourself easy?

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 2:52pm
 My wife has not trimmed in almost 16 months, and it needs about an inch off now. It still looks really good, but there are too many tangles at the bottom now.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 1:45pm
I used Feye's method in December and January to remove about 1/8", then 1/4", but then I decided to keep away from the scissors a while to let my hair grow longer. I think that if I was trying to maintain rather than increase length I would trim every month.

At some point I will have to start trimming again. Perhaps when I reach classic.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shiverpale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 12:16pm

im not sure if you can call mine a trim...it doesnt even add up to an inch. the last time i took anything you could class as trim tho was about...erm....8 months ago, 3 inches my partner chopped off! we argued for days afterwards! i felt like id been robbed, attacked..or something

it was all my fault tho.

but yeah...i dust mine about every 2 months...

about ___ <- that much off.

i might try feyes method later this week too, to create a U shape, or another method i saw someplace where you tip your whole head over then trim it to create layers. very long layers, of course. im undecided, but it will deff be one of them.

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2005 at 11:52am
Two months or so I trimed my own hair with the Feyes method only about a half inch.  At the time is seemed enough.  Lately I have been having a hard time getting a comb through it.  I trimed off another 1 to 1.5 inches last night,  I hated to loose lenght, but now it looks and feels a lot healther and I guess it really wasn't that much.  I think I just waited way to long to trim it.  I suppose every three or four months would be good.  How often do you guys trim?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic