Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

of all the products outhere

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: of all the products outhere
    Posted: May 07 2005 at 9:44pm
Of all the skin products outhere what have many of you have the greatest benefits with? Olay, Vaseline, Neutrogena, Nevea....ect (please descibe your skin type)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2005 at 8:24am
I've found jojoba to be the most useful. It can be used on the skin, hands, or hair, or blended with other oils. I add essential oils for scent and their beneficial properties. When you buy it over the Internet, it's reasonably priced, and a little bit goes a long way.

I have average skin, but it tends to get flaky. My hands and feet get rough in the winter, and the ends of my hair can get dry.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 11:11pm

Hi Oskana,

We keep running into each other lol. My skin is....get ready for this....combination body skin, hahahahaha. Most of my body has pretty normal skin. It is actually naturally super soft. I've been getting compliments on it since I was a little girl. Now, the half bottom of my legs is another story. From my knees down a have very dry skin.

There are many great products you can try. Watkins lemon creme shea butter (there is also a vanilla one) is wonderfull, and you can find it at Walmart (which is incredible). It only cost about $5 but will work wonders on your skin. It is great!! You won't believe you found something so good at Walmart, and so inexpensive.

Target has a great salt scrub. I can not remember the name, but it comes in a blue tub with bubbles in front, and it costs about $5 also. The stuff is amazing. The salt is mixed with a super rich oil, that makes your skin incredibly soft. I love it. And it is much better than paying $18 for the Bath and Body works one (even thought I love the eucalyptus one, the scent is amazing) but the results are the same.

I also love Palmer's cocoa butter oil. I put it on while I'm in the shower, and still wet. Then I just pat my skin dry. You won't believe how soft your skin will be.

Nivea's night recovery cream is also very very good.

Now, if your skin is super duper dry, you might want to try Vaseline Cream (make sure is the cream type). They tested it on Ice climbers. Even on top of an icy mountain, and in below zero weather, it stayed on, and kept their skin moisturized. Now, tha'st heavy duty moisturizing.

The new Oil of Oley Moisturerinse shower lotion is also very good. I tried and liked it.

Now if you want to go a little fancier, Lubriderm is very, very good. Specially for people with delicate skin, and prone to skin allergies.

Also Lamas beauty makes an amazing body cream. It is called Chinese Pearl body lotion. However it is $21 a bottle.

Oh! and if you use Biosilk silk therapy for your hair, you'll be surprised to know you can also use it on your skin. It makes it really soft.

All that being said, I think you should try the first and second one from the list (or even the third one). These products are amazing, and work wonderfull, specially the first one, which I still can't believe is something Walmart carriers.

Try it and let me know how you like it.

Edited by Sharyg11
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 2:50pm

i know your right...we do keep running into each other.lol

Thank you for so much advice. I am definetly going to try Watkins lemon creme shea butter especially when its olnly 5bucks....thats a win win situation for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic