Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - *UPDATED 12/23/06* Growing Hair need Help! (pics)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

*UPDATED 12/23/06* Growing Hair need Help! (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *UPDATED 12/23/06* Growing Hair need Help! (pics)
    Posted: May 09 2005 at 2:02am

Edited by Revenga - September 17 2012 at 3:10am
Duracell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duracell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 3:25pm
I used to have very straight hair, but somehow mine changed to wavy, thick hair. :(
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 8:03pm

dam dude, u look like a completely different person with long hair, my advice..go bak to the long hair!!! short hair doesnt suit u at all! makes u look older and just doesnt look right on u.

sounds like ur hair is missbehaving as ur growin it out, u shudnt worri so much wether its dead straight or not but if u do want it straight, u shud invest sum money into purchasing a hair striaghtener that u can use at home, they are reasonable priced and will give u the striaghtest hair possible! and it doesnt take too long to striaghten hair either.

with regards to the hair colour, u shud wait till ur hair has grown to its full desired lenght then u shud dye sum light blodne streaks through it, go to a hairdresser and they can do it for u and make it look like natural highlights.

neways good luk and keep us posted

Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 8:42pm
Yeah, I don't like short hair, I myself think long hair suits me.
Anyways thanks for the help, I think I'm gonna wait it out and let it grow and go to the sun so it naturally gets back to its original light blonde color - I don't intend on using any products or using a hair straightener, When my hair grows out it usually flattens down and goes straight again.
Thanks for the help, and I'll keep ya posted.

Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 5:32pm

Edited by Revenga - September 17 2012 at 3:12am
Latavia_10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Latavia_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 2:42pm
I think your hair looks cute with the darker and lighter blonde in the black and white pic. if you want it lighter, they have some lighting products at some stores. i dunno maybe you could try those of the lemon juice is'nt working.
A Smartass is just a Jackass with a Brain.
Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 9:39pm
Thanks.
For now I'm sticking to naturaly lightening it by going to the sun allot, but I'm going to try out oine of those shampoos that's supposed to bring out the natural  color and highlights for blondes - one of those herbal shampoo's - I need some advise on getting one however I don't know which I should get, can someone help me out?
Thanks!
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 5:02am

wudnt have any idea on the shampoo, ask ur local hairdresser what ur after and they shud give u sum names, then its simply a matter of heading down to the shops and piking it out, good luk!

btw ur hair looks tops mate well done, it will look better a bit longer too

Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 7:41pm
Thanks bro, yeah As for the straight hair problem It's pretty much solved, only reason it was being alittle wavy before was cause it was too short and really dry and layered so it's coming out straight now - now all I have left is growing it out and trying to get iut back toitslighter blonde naturally - gonna have to go to the sunallot.
Yeah I agree, at the stage it's in right nowI hate it, but in about 2 months It'll be nicer :D.
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 8:42pm

if ur looking on styling ideas, here are a few pics to help u out

Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 10:43pm
Thanks bro thats very helpfull!
I was wondering does pomade and stuff liek that mess up your hair? like does it damage it? I heard pomade and wax are really bad for your hair so I've been reluctant to use any of it.
Peace.
ecto1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ecto1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2005 at 11:14pm
mate...dont listen to a word people say, gel is bad for hair, there is nothing wrong with using wax at all, does no damage on ur hair wotsoever so u shudnt be worring. most of those hairstyles above the guys their wud use a combonation of wax and hairspray to get that texture look.
Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 7:05pm
It's been a while... but I have some pics to show so far. :D
I haven't been going to the sun at all so unfortunatly my hair is still dark... however it lightened on it's own - dunno how but whatever.
I can put the front strands in my mouth alredy (yay) lol and imma trim it soon cause of the split ends (damn).
I'v been getting lots of split ends recently and my hair is having htis problem where its straight up untill it gets to m\y ears length and thne it sticks out ... the back is still abit wavy though.
(I can tie my hair back now)

Like I said... when I pull it it goes down to my mouth.
(here it is when i take off the hair tie- It's kinda annoying cause the hair tie crimps up my hair ont he back so the sides stick out even more...)

And one more...

Another thing is my hair is unbelievably dry, it's so annoying.
It feels horrible everytime i pass my hands through my hair its just so dry... Dunno what to do.
Peace.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2005 at 8:59pm

How about adding a second conditioner? Personally I use four  and it works really nicely. I never get the "dry" feeling. Basically what I do is wash my hair normally (which for me is a CCC routine. Your case might be different) Then I condition (#2) with a light conditioner such as Suave Citrus Smoothie, or V05 Raspberry, or something less than a dollar a bottle. Then I rinse out and slather on my regular conditioner (#3). Then I go for another conditioner. But I'm sure you'd want to stop at two of 'em.

Anais

edited to add: if your hair feels especially dry, you could try applying about a drop of jojoba oil to your hair. More information on jojoba oil can be found here, here, and here.

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 3:11am

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 9:51am
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 11:36am

They sure are! Unfortunately they are discontinued, but sometimes if  lucky you might see them in a dollar store.

Revenga, it takes a bit of experimentation to find something that works. I would immediately drop the use of oil if it didn't work the first few times. If oiling doesn't work the first few times, then it won't "suddenly" work. You'd probably get better results with a second conditioner.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 3:31pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 3:53pm

Wow, your hair looks fabulous  That's a lot of growth since October.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Revenga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revenga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2006 at 5:53pm
Thanks, and thankyou for all the advise...
I did the double conditioning for a-bit but it still had teh same result so I just went back to regular conditioning once...
I'm using these products that are specialized for blondes.
I don't know if it's working or not but my hair does feel better... Maybe it's just that it's growing and is begining to get heavier and fall straight.
It still tends to curve at the ends though, sometimes allot.

Will post more pics soon.
Peace.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic