Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want to go back to my original colour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
~Alison~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Alison~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want to go back to my original colour
    Posted: May 10 2005 at 3:06pm

Cheers guys. I'll go to a salon and get it done proffessionaly.

thanks again xxx

eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 2:26pm
You could try to get highlights of your natural color, so when your hair grows out your original color should blend better with the red you've colored with.  I think a salon could help you do this with it looking the most natural.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 10:04am

gah, NEVER bleacj out color, use a color remover first!  if you bleach over color it could re activate the dye.  Ive seen a girl bleach her hair black before.  Use a color remover, you can get them at a local beauty supply store like sallys.  THEN you can bleach it up, use a blue bleach to counter act the red. 

But in all honesty, your very likely to f*** up your hair.  go to a salon.

irishroyal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishroyal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 1:12pm
 The hardest pigment to get out is artificial pigments, especially red pigments, you'd need to use bleach + 20vol for the scalp and bleach with 30 or 40vol for the mid shfat & ends, it won't all come out but you could get it to an orange stage and then use a demi toner to tone it to a normal color, like use the Clairol Complements Demi- permanent 6Ash or 8Ash + the Color Prompter that goes with it to tone it to a neutral blonde. - Mags Kavanaugh ASKMAGS.COM
~Alison~ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~Alison~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 12:33pm
Hello, I have naturally light blonde hair and have been dying it at home auburn red for over a year.  I'm getting really fed up having to constantly re-colour it every month (red fades sooo quickly) but have no idea how to go back to my natural colour. can someone help?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic