Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cayenne Pepper...Good For Hair Growth??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cayenne Pepper...Good For Hair Growth??
    Posted: May 09 2005 at 1:18pm

Hello Everyone,

I was reading this in another forum that I'm apart of, and there was thread regarding Cayenne Pepper mixed with extra virgin olive oil and it has shown to stimulate hair growth.  I was wondering if anyone here has tried this and if so what are your results?

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Kim J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kim  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 5:41am
Interesting....
-Happy Hair Days
Kim
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 7:32am
I read that forum too. I'm not sure if it works but it sounds painful. I wouldn't want it to sting your eyes or cause scalp irritation.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 12:34pm

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

I read that forum too. I'm not sure if it works but it sounds painful. I wouldn't want it to sting your eyes or cause scalp irritation.

I know what you mean, cmesweet (me----->) lol 

But I will def try it and I will post my results here.   I'll do it as a oil treatment with the cayenne pepper. This young lady said she noticed that her re-growth came in longer  and stronger in a little less then 2 months.

So we'll see.

Edited by sugaplum
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 4:10pm
What the cayenne does is stimulate blood flow to the area you apply it to. It can increase hair growth, however for many it also irritates your scalp and can be painful. The intensity of the pepper also depends on store bought or organic cayenne. I find that store bought is not as intense as the cayenne from the healthfood store.
http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:08am

Originally posted by Honeydoo Honeydoo wrote:

What the cayenne does is stimulate blood flow to the area you apply it to. It can increase hair growth, however for many it also irritates your scalp and can be painful. The intensity of the pepper also depends on store bought or organic cayenne. I find that store bought is not as intense as the cayenne from the healthfood store.

Thanks honeydoo.  Do you use the cayenne pepper mix on you hair?

What are your results?

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic