Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HairTransplanetNetwork v. RK19 lawsuit se

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
KenB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HairTransplanetNetwork v. RK19 lawsuit se
    Posted: May 09 2005 at 3:56pm

The RK19™ v. Hair Transplant Network (HTN) lawsuit has been settled. Pat Hennessey came out to California to authenticate that the RK19 customers and their pictures are real. Below is a posting from the HTN website discussing his journey.

Subject: Clarification regarding RK19 hair loss treatment

Recently I met in person with Mr. Ken Belanger, the maker and marketer of a hair loss product called RK19, and four individuals who have been using this product.

In light of new information gathered from this meeting I want to correct misinformation that was posted on this forum regarding him and his product RK19.

The purpose of this message is not to critique or judge Mr. Belanger or the merits of RK19 but rather to report what I learned from this in person meeting. It is for others to evaluate RK19 and determine its efficacy for themselves.

Based upon this meeting I observed the following -

Mr. Belanger has suffered from extensive hair loss for twenty plus years. He also was a hair transplant patient with the old plug style hair transplants that have left his donor area depleted and scared, with pluggy/grafty hairs on the top of his head. His recipient area on the top of his head also is pitted and scarred in places.

In my opinion the photos Mr. Belanger has shown online representing the condition of his hair now and in the past are accurate representations. The magnified photos showing what Mr. Belanger referred to as "hair dots" were visible when I examined his scalp in person.

Mr. Belanger shared with me how his hair loss and poor hair transplant results, caused him much emotional distress and motivated him to seek a hair loss solution.

Mr. Belanger also related to me that two years ago he began to notice what he believed to be new hair growth and an improvement in the condition of his existing hair. He came to believe that this hair growth was the result of a unique combination of vitamins and an anti-inflammatory that he had been taking for a number of months. It is Mr. Belanger's belief that this anti-inflammatory acted synergistically with the vitamins to reduce the inflammation in his scalp and produce new hair growth.

He then began to offer this unique combination to other hair loss sufferers in a product called RK19. Mr. Belanger provided me with the bottles and packaging for RK19 and the labels did clearly list the product ingredients. Contrary to what has been stated online by others "Sodium Naproxen" and "cough medicine" were not listed as ingredients . Mr. Belanger also made it very clear that "Sodium Naproxen" is a dangerous substance and is not in RK19.

During my meeting with Mr. Belanger he presented four different hair loss sufferers who all stated that they had been using RK19 exclusively for the past several months. I believe all of these individuals were genuine customers who honestly represented themselves to me. In general these four customers felt that their experience to date with RK19 justified continued use of the product.

Some of these customers did have their before and after photos displayed on Mr. Belanger's RK19 website. I personally believe that in the case of these four individuals that their before and after photos are authentic and have not been altered or "doctored" to misrepresent their results. These verified photos are posted below as a reference. I leave it to the viewers to judge the results for themselves.

While I can't verify the authenticity of the before and after photos of people I did not see in person, I see no reason to believe that the photos from others are altered or doctored. I also have no reason to believe that the email testimonials Mr. Belanger presents on his RK19 site are not authentic.

My intention in making the above statement is to clarify information regarding Ken Belanger and RK19. The above statement is not to be construed as an endorsement of Mr. Belanger or RK19. Any decision to use or not use RK19 and any resulting effects and or results are the sole responsibility of the individual.

http://www.byteshark.com/HTNShow.jpg

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic