Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Natalie Portman - Bald!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Natalie Portman - Bald!
    Posted: May 09 2005 at 4:50pm

In the May 16 issue of Time magazine there is a picture of Natalie Portman on p 87 with her head shaved. She is not completely bald, but it's just about as short as you can have hair.

The article says ...

No, It Wasn't A Bad Perm

"Level-headed young Natalie Portman is anticipating a range of responses to her spare new hairdo. "Some people will think I am a neo-Nazi," the Garden State star suspects, "or that I have cancer or I'm a lesbian." We would also like to warn her of a probable "Hey Sinead!" faction. You see, this isn't like Britney Spears going brunette. Portman, the exotically coiffed Padme Amidala in the Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith, allowed her petite pate to be shaved on camera in Berlin last week, a process she describes as "really exciting." The 23 year old's shoudler length chestnut locks were sheared for a prison scene in this fall's future drama V for Vendetta. In this next film from the makers of the Matrix trilogy, Portman plays a suspected terrorist in a totalitarian state. Days after the shoot, she says "I can't stop rubbing my head. It's so soft, I might keep it for awhile." Hmm, a hot new bald star with action adventure experience. Somewhere Vin Diesel's agent is quietly freaking out."

ejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 7:15pm

dada

*edit - for some reason its not showing up so have a looksee here http://www.natalieportman.com/picstemp/portman%20(4).jpg

:)

Edited by ejay
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 8:51pm
This has come up before. Here's the most exciting thread.

Natalie Portman...shaved!

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
lilmountaingrrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lilmountaingrrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2005 at 9:55pm
I saw the picture of Natalie with her head shaved, and oh my gosh is she gorgeous!  I wish everyone looked this good bald!  Normally I feel that hair adds to a person's looks, but I think that having her head shaved only makes her even more beautiful.....
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 4:23am
For me, Natalie Portman is one of those girls in the Brooke Shields mould, who never seem to grow up. Her usual hairstyles contribute to this 'girliness', so maybe being bald will make her look more mature.
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 7:38am
If I could get the pic then I could say something about it. Oh well have to wait. LOL.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
alvin8191 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alvin8191 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 8:06am
LTAH 2005 forum has the link under celebrity hair photos and chatter. Natalie is stunning!!! What a beautiful face!
short is good, buzzed is better, bald is best!!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2005 at 1:51pm
I just saw it looks good for haveing almost no hair.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
aurum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aurum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 7:40am
This is the picture

http://img235.echo.cx/img235/521/bald6yd.jpg

[Please provide links instead of putting the image directly in the post - Admin]

Edited by DaveDecker
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 8:11am
pretty cute  for a bald girl
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 10:21am
I just do not get the whole bald thing!  Each to his own I guess!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:47am
Still looks like a kid to me.
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 2:09am

At least she's enjoying it, and it's not the big trauma for her it has been for some ^_^ .  It's a little hard to see her with the pose of that pic, but I'm sure she's just as gorgeous as ever ^_^ .

More awesome than a manatee!
oskana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oskana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 7:41am
go natalie...more power to her...and she dtill looks good. but n e ways i never understood the fascination with alanis's long locks. Yeh it was long but not in a good way. It was just always straight she never styled it or did anything with it so i never really cared much for her hair. just bec it was long doesnt mean it was pretty. but to each his own.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by oskana oskana wrote:

but n e ways i never understood the fascination with alanis's long locks...It was just always straight she never styled it or did anything with it so i never really cared much for her hair.

Just curious, how do you think she should have "styled" her long, straight hair, and what are the things she have "done" with it?

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
ejay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ejay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by eKatherine eKatherine wrote:

Originally posted by oskana oskana wrote:

but n e ways i never understood the fascination with alanis's long locks...It was just always straight she never styled it or did anything with it so i never really cared much for her hair.

Just curious, how do you think she should have "styled" her long, straight hair, and what are the things she have "done" with it?

Theres not much styling you can do with a clippered head either...

trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 6:27pm

The first good pictures are up on wireimage and I must say they are flat out stunning.

I am not a bald fan or a bald fetish guy.  I am just amazed at how on her, at this particular time it makes all of her perfect features stand out.  Natalie has always been a girl who's hair has not quite matched up to her features.  Now you take away the hair and she really stands out.  I like Bai Ling better with really short hair also.  I wish that Bai Ling had kept her hair short(not shaved) after her film shaving.  Same with Natalie Portman.  She should go for an ultra-short pixie for a while  I had no idea how long her neck was. 

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=GLS====11 6579&c4nvi=3&str=3163&styp=clbi&nbc1=1

natasha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 6:40pm
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 2:59am
She is so beautiful :-) .  I'll throw in my vote for a pixie or some other nice short style after she's finished with this one!
More awesome than a manatee!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 4:52am

Like Hal, I never understood the fascination with baldness. Never understood the obsession with ultra long hair, either. After it gets much past about mid back length, hair starts to look very lifeless and dead (of course, hair is dead but ultra long locks that don't take any styling, emphasise this). Hair also has more tendency to snap, split and break as it gets ultra long. Finally, there is the consideration of cleanliness. When it is up, ultra long hair can often look like a dirty bird's nest.

Anyway...yes, Natalie Portman does look good...but she's not quite bald either.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic