Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extensions-Plus Visit **PHOTOS**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extensions-Plus Visit **PHOTOS**
    Posted: May 11 2005 at 10:41pm
Extensions Plus

OK, so I'm $400 lighter than when I went in there but I coulda stayed all day and played in their hair. It's clean and fresh and out there for you to touch and hold and feel and nobody rushes you to get done. I was in there for well over an hour this morning and they pulled out tons of hair for me to go through so I could get exactly what I wanted.

I got to feel REAL Italian hair. I got to feel REAL Russian hair. I got to feel REAL European hair. It is unbelievable. It's like satin ribbons through my fingertips.

I wound up getting 2 stunning wefts of Zig Zag and one of the microbond wefts of SoftWear. It looks like French Refined but it's so much more softer and more lazy S than anything I've seen. The Softwear weft was a little light at 1.8 oz from its advertised 2 oz. The Zig Zag natural curly wefts are a bit heavier than their advertised 3.0 weight so I definitely got my money's worth overall. We spent the time color matching my own hair and highlights and texture and this is going to be spot on when it's in. I'll make this Plastikhaar last as long as possible but the next install will definitely be the Extensions Plus hair.

The Zig Zag wefts you see are a honey blonde and a light brown with strawberry tones to it. The lighter one is 28" and the darker shade is about 26". I'll be trimming them down to about 25" for wear which will eliminate the stragglers on the ends. The blonde SoftWear is color #16 and that will be the highlights. Lifespan on this hair is estimated to be one year or more with good care. They gave me some ARS Moisture Recovery cream that smells fabulous. It must be a salon only type of conditioner?

The EZ PLugs are cool for those who would rather not pretip for whatever reason. It's the same high quality hair that's on the weft and in bulk. It's not like a lot of places where they substitute cheap hair for tipping.

Oh, what else is cool about this place is that they have a big plate glass window where you can see the employees making the wefts and handmade wigs. It's awesome. I will definitely be ordering their color ring and more hair from them.

The three colors I got:

SoftWear:

Awesome wefts:

Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 10:47pm

Wow Amm! What an exciting day you must have had! The hair looks awesome!

I'd love to go check their products out... Where exactly are they located?

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
CandiLocks27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiLocks27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:00pm
oooh i am so jelous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D you got to touch it ALL?! where is that at?!

Hugs!

Candi Locks!
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2005 at 11:14pm
... ok this is gonna sound creepy... and Im not a fetish person whatsoever.... but does anyone else just wanna bury their face in it?  I could roll around in it like a kitten.
CandiLocks27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CandiLocks27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 12:08am
hahahahahah i would too.  it lasts a year?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       omg! when i had His and Her it only lasted a month!!!!!!!!!!!!

woah... how much will make a full head?
Hugs!

Candi Locks!
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 1:21am

Yes, Softwear hair can last a year and the EP european hair can last 2 or more years, and I know this for sure because I have a lot of people wearing this hair.

I would love to go visit them!  Their store is in Receda, CA, isn't it?

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 5:43am
Oh it looks wonderful.....I may have to try some of it myself!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 6:45am
It's gorgeous, and the review is really helpful. :)
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 10:08am
OOOOOOOH AMM!!  WOW, you went on the same day I ordered from them!  I am *so glad* and *so relieved* to hear about the hair (read: so SICK of getting crappy human hair!!)  I ordered 4 oz. of silky straight for an install I'm doing for a friend this weekend!!

I got #4 and #33. What are the numbers of the colors you got?? THEY ARE GORGEOUS!!  Also I can't believe the length you got!!! On their website they only have lengths up to 22" for the Softwear. How do you find out if they have the longer lengths?

Anyway. This is GREAT news and thanks for the recon work!!

-Fina

Edited by FinaFina
NJHAIRLUV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHAIRLUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 11:47am
Hi amm! The hair that you ordered is really beautiful. I have been trying to decide on which hair to buy from Extensions-plus for a month now, because I have 2 questions: how many ounces will a person need for a fully sewn-in weave? 6 oz or more? Also, with the zig zag hair, did you buy the "naturally curly" Indian/Italian blend? If yes, does it get decent curls when you wet a sample of it? I have talked to Sonia there a few times and she is very helpful, but I wanted a customer's opinion instead of just the salesperson's opinion. I am going to order some soon so that I can wear curly hair for the summer. Good luck with your installation!!!
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 12:40pm

Wow!  That hair is so awesomely beautiful.

I'll be ordering a colour ring for sure, thanks for the great review!

Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 1:07pm
Amm, you lucky bum!   In your second picture, it looks like the hair it tipped on the weft?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2005 at 5:40pm
Kristin - They're at 17738 Sherman Way in Reseda. They're tucked into a little alcove on the south side of Sherman Way so watch the block numbers carefully if you drive up. I highly recommend you go there because you can play with all the hair on the hangars and see hair that's not even advertised (like I got.) I found I am numbers 8/16 & 9 which is what I never would have chosen online. The #22 is ashy and that's the color I would have ordered sight unseen. You really have to see the colors or have the ring. And wait until you see the wigs they've made. OHMYGAWD. I've never seen anything so real looking in my life and the soft hair and waves to some of them is remarkable.

For anyone ordering, go a FULL 2" longer than what you want if you're ordering any hair with wave (or what they call "perm"). My 20" Softwear is a very modest 18" and it has to be pulled very very tight to make 20".

Here's something totally awesome. If you send them a snip of your own hair (or even several snips of a few colors), they will match it and put it on a weft. They do it all right there, too. Expensive? Perhaps initially, but not in the long run.

Here's a photo of the length of two I got. I guess they're both about 27-28". They're a solid 24-25" for sure. These are the Italian Natural Curly Hand Wefted (not to be confused with Softwear)... One was $137 (3.2 oz) & the other was $150 (longer length & 3.5 oz). Are they perfect? No. They know it and I know it but it's handmade, natural hair without the bullsh*t so keep expectations real. :)

Here's the Softwear. Check out that weft.

There's no short hairs over the top. It's all one length coming out of there. It's weird feeling. It's bendable and kind of firm. It's shiny and almost like a glue but you can see something resembling stiching.

It's lucsious in the sun.

Serious, get 2" longer than what you wear. 22" is as long as they carry, I believe. I didn't see anything longer there in the Softwear. The lifespan on this is reported to be a little shorter at one year. Something kind of odd -- I have color #16 which is not an option on their web site. They had plenty of this beautiful blonde which has more goldish tones than their pale #613.

NJHAIRLUV - Yes, I have the Italian Curly. It's a natural wave and not permed. The pattern I have is what they call "Zig Zag." If you like that nice natural curl, that's what you call it when you order. The hair goes into a very lazy S when wet and dries exactly as pictured. When we're into extra long lengths like I wear, the weight of the hair makes the wave even lazier. Mousse or product can intensify the wave and I can get an even curlier look from it. 6 oz may not be enough for a full weave and definitely not enough if the hair is extra long. I would recommend 8-10 oz to play it safe. Give 'em a call. They're very helpful and know what they're talking about in there.    

Fina - I have two different types of hair. The Zig Zag Italian wefts are what they call "Honey Blonde" but each have different colors to it. I can see how this will be very difficult to order online because the colors were considered the same. I will always drive down to LA when it comes time to get the wefts. If you'd like me to try to match hair for you sometime, I can do that when I go down there. Or definitely take a plane ride over and spend a few hours in their shop. They will match your hair colors to a T. That Zig Zag Italian does not have advertised lengths. I guess you have to call them to see what they have. They brought out this huge supply for me and I got to pick what I wanted. It almost felt like I was getting into some secret supply stash they had.

Now, the Softwear is the stuff in the packages that come in 2 oz weights (a light 2 oz, I'm afraid). I don't recall #4 or #33 but I bet I saw them because they had a lot of nice darker colors. The one I have is #16 which isn't even advertised online. Another reason why I'm glad I went in there. :)

Edited by amm
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 9:36am

Hiya:

Happy to say that I just got the Softwear in #2 and #33. IT IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!

You lucky gal. . .but guess what! Turns out I will be in L.A. the end of August. . .I will definitely put a visit to EP in the plans. . .

THANKS again for the info. Damn, that softwear blonde on the weft is ****TO DIE FOR***** (now the groveling starts. . .) um, if you, um, like, cut a little tiny piece of it off and want to sell it to me my paypal account is ready & willing to be lightened.

-Fina

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 1:49pm
That is THE most beautiful hair I have ever seen! You are gonna look and feel sooo good! Are you going to install with your shrinkies? What color if I may ask. I just ordered hair from HisandHer and Plastikhaar but I guess I will just get some more now! Thanks for the pictures. You must be so syched!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 6:56pm
Fina you got MY #4 !! Just kidding, but I called yesterday and ordered hair for a client and was going to get some for myself since my PH was not the right color but they are out of #4 and eaven#3 they say it will be in next month, againAMM thats the soft wear perm right? And the natural curl in the sample they sent was sooo curly I was afraid to get it but what you have is quite nice. Hmmmmm
hippyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hippyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2005 at 9:54pm

That hair is truly incredible looking. It looks so soft and shiny... it's beautiful.

Isn't it unusual to be able to find human hair that long?

Congratulations amm!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 3:34am
Fina - You want, say, half of it? It'll be my cost split down the middle + shipping. Just so you know, this isn't a natural wave. This is the Softwear and it's processed and the curl is there via perm. When it's wet, it has that same spiral bend to it. Still, it's loverly. Let me know. Can you post photos of the Softwear you got, Fina? Would love to see it.

Elvira - Not sure how I want it installed. I'd love to have someone pinchbraid it in but if I do it myself, it'll definitely be with the shrinkies. Probably black again. And, yes, I'm psyched. WOOT!

marie - Yeah, the light blonde is the Softwear. The two strawberry blondes (what they call "honey blondes") are the Natural Italian Curly. The Softwear is permed. When it's wet, it spirals into that telltale perm look. I wouldn't call it curly, really, but it's very wavy when wet.

hippyhair - Finding hair this length that's like this isn't commonplace but it's definitely out there if you're willing to look for it and then pay the price. :)
elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 5:54am
Amm, you said the staff at Extensions-Plus were helpful? I called yesterday to place an order and told the girl that I had a few questions and she said no problem. She kept putting me on hold, then said she would call me back because she was too busy, then after 4hours I called back to place my order and the girl told me I was taking to long and hung up on me. When I had asked her a question, she sometimes didn't have an answer so instead of saying I don't know, she wouldn't say anything, so I was like Hello,Hello??? But I still plan on ordering from there, I'll try again Monday. She wasn't too cool but when I had called there last week,the girl that answered the phone was very receptive and helpful. I'd much rather order online but oh well...
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 3:07pm
AMM: Did you see any falls, clip-on pieces, or 3/4 wigs there? I'm not really interested in HH for daily extensions wear, but it may be a great investment for a good piece that would last me a long time. I understand that they can custom-make or re-create a piece if you send them one. Has anyone had this done by EP?

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic