Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bleach D01 by Garnier 100% Color. Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bleach D01 by Garnier 100% Color. Help!
    Posted: May 13 2005 at 7:21pm

Has anyone tried it before? Does it work well? I'm thinking of using it on my darkish brown hair. I was also wondering about Blondissima. Is it better?

eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 12:36pm
What color are you trying to achieve?  And, is your hair virgin (natural, never before colored), or is your hair already dyed and what color?  I'm curious about how the Garnier 100% colors work also!

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length
xxsecret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxsecret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 1:16pm

I've dyed my hair before using a black shade by Garnier 100% Color. But since my hair was dark before, it looks like the dye has washed out and my natural hair color is back. I'm hoping to achieve a pale blonde or the color inside of a banana using just the bleach without a toner.

Edited by xxsecret
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 8:38am

Don't use any of that OTC crap.

Go to a beauty supply instead and get yourself some decent products.

If you don't have virgin hair, you'll have to get colorfix to get your current dye out before you bleach the hair.

For bleaching Wella wellite creamlite is awesome, it lifts 8-9 levels which means that you could go platinum. Use it with 30 volume developer.

If you want to go platinum blonde, bleach untill the hair is pale yellow (like the inside of a banana). Then you'll need a toner to make the hair platinum, wella colorcharm has a lot of great toners in their Colorcharm color line.

You can get these products in a beauty supply or by ordering it online, I promise you it's worth the extra trouble. Because that OTC bleach you talked about will probably only give your bright orange hair.

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2005 at 9:06am
You should consider having this done professionally.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
jemaniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jemaniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2007 at 10:04pm
OTC isn't always crap.Smile I just used the mentioned bleach (Garnier 100% Color D01) and it worked beautifully. My hair is a gorgeous platinum blonde and I feel like a supastar!!!!!!Star

I highly recommend it!!Thumbs%20Up
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2007 at 11:11am
I've used Blondissimo beach before. As I have dark brown hair I had to bleach twice to get it to the pale yellow stage. Then toned. My hair was fine after. No brassiness. If you have a Sally's nearby, I don't, Swede's advice is excellent.
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2007 at 11:09am
i was in sallys and one of the women who worked there said that the loreal bleach is really good.  i put blonde highlights into my red hair....it makes the prettiest blonde colors.  was told by sallys worker that a colorist comes in there and says that is what they use to get the buttery and the lovely shades of blonde you see on celebrities.   it worked for me.  hope your hair turns out just like you want it to.
happy coloring
groberts80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote groberts80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2007 at 10:29pm
I agree not all OTC are crap! I have a friend who used 100% color the Xtra light bleach blone one and her hair turned out great!
lovetocolor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovetocolor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2007 at 11:14am
oh, i have seen colors that came out of a box and they looked really good.  i was, the first time i colored my hair, going to use a box.  my friend had to stop at sallys to get some heat protectant.  well, you know the rest....became addicted to sallys....i have a stylist as a friend and went into the professional only place.....that was fun fun...but i would have to agree that not all boxed or what you can get at the grocery store is not crap either, as i have seen some really pretty results....the bleach i was talking about is made by loreal and is called "oreal blanc"....i put conditioner in the bleach mixture and it felt good when i rinsed and i ended up with lovely blonde highlights.  hope all works out well.  i have such compassion when something goes wrong, i have been there.  talk to you later.
happy coloring
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic