Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Does anyone know abt Chi Infra high lift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does anyone know abt Chi Infra high lift
    Posted: May 15 2005 at 5:48pm
I know i must have posted tihs same question before, but i don't think many people got to read it. Anyways, I recently order the new CHI Infra High lift cream color by Farouk systems from a soCAL based website. Along w/ the color generator in 30 volume. However, every place i've read abt the product has failed to mention whether this is actually a colored bleach or just a highlift color. I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone has the answer to this. If you are curious tho here is the link http://www.faroukpro.com/chiHFB1.htm I ordered Golden Blonde. I ordered it late last nite so it'll take around 3-5 business days to arrive. It's ammonia free.

Edited by Veronica F
norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 9:01am

Hi-

I have not used this product, so I am not about to endorse it but I did ask my stylist about it and he said that it truly can lift REALLY well on-scalp and off. It can be used as an alternative to bleach for highlighting. CHI claims 8 levels, BUT they fail to mention that is off-scalp w/ 40 volume and heat (and I am sure you could not be darker than a level 4 naturally) On-scalp I was led to believe it can lift 4-5, probably depending on your natural hair (obviously fine hair lifts better than course hair) He also mentioned it smells HORRIBLE, but that really doesn't matter anyways.  

Depending on your natural color, you may want to consider 40 volume or 30/40 if you want it to lift as light as they promise.

2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 7:45pm

Thanks so much for ur reply! Well i wanted to cheat and be sneaky to use it to lighten random parts of my red hair which is too dark due to a hair disaster that happened the last fall, *long story* but anyways my hair lifts really well w/ 30 vol. to a light red. So anyway I wanted those darker bits to become lighter even orangey so that i could put a semi over it w/ 10 vol. becuz i basically like having it bright orangey fire red all over!

I only use professional products except for the occasional color pulse to rev up my red.

So basically when u say alternative to bleach does that mean the magical thing i think it means, that its in fact NOT a bleach? (But just a powerful high lift color?)

Thanks again!!!

swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:14am

Originally posted by Veronica F Veronica F wrote:

I know i must have posted tihs same question before, but i don't think many people got to read it. Anyways, I recently order the new CHI Infra High lift cream color by Farouk systems from a soCAL based website. Along w/ the color generator in 30 volume. However, every place i've read abt the product has failed to mention whether this is actually a colored bleach or just a highlift color. I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone has the answer to this. If you are curious tho here is the link http://www.faroukpro.com/chiHFB1.htm I ordered Golden Blonde. I ordered it late last nite so it'll take around 3-5 business days to arrive. It's ammonia free.

"It's ammonia free", yeah it's ammonia free. But they've put some subsitute for ammonia in it anyway. Cause you can't get any lift without ammonia or an ammonia substitue in the highlift dye.

I thought only pros could by it? Do you work as a hair stylist?

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 8:45am

Had a hair appt. yesterday so I asked my stylist again about the CHI. I asked him because I wanted to know why he did not use this on me instead of the Paul Mitchell Highlift color. He said it is basically part highlift, part bleach (whatever that means.) He is very experienced with this product and uses it frequently. He also said that the ammonia level was "through the roof" and  he did not want to use it on me since I am a Level 6 naturally and could lift without using something this "drastic". That was his reply. Not sure what to tell you since this obviously contradicts what the CHI website claims about ammonia, maybe my stylist is referring to whatever substitute they use for ammonia, like Swede mentioned in his earlier post.

The fact of the matter is, you will need to use bleach to lift your color out, due to the fact that color cannot lift color. So in other words, this product would probably be perfect for what you are trying to achieve since it is certainly not any harsher than normal bleach. I believe they tout it as a "highlift color product that can lift existing color" and that is one reason my stylist believes it is part bleach. Follow the directions carefully and I see no reason why it couldn't do what they claim it can do.

2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length
eatgreenjello View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eatgreenjello Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 2:49pm

hey Veronica!

I'd love to see a picture of your red/orange hair.  I love reds too.  How does the L'Oreal Color Pulse do?  How long does it seem to stay in your hair? 

When I have red hair, I use Matrix Biolage Earth Tones Color Refreshing Conditioner.  It works GREAT!  I'd usually only need to use it once a week.  Plus the fact, it leaves hair feeling smooth and silky.

As for the Chi highlift color you were wondering if it had bleach in it.  Anything that "lifts" hair color has to have bleach.  Even if the producers claim that it's safer than bleach and doesn't contain amonia, it's got something in it that can cause damage, or it would't lift hair that many levels.

**Hair type: 2a, which is wavy and fine.
**Color: Naturally dark brown, currently dyed reddish brown.
**Length: below shoulder length

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:24pm

OH I'm very well aware of that fact swede, in fact i think i might've mentioned that in other posts in the past, I know abt that substitute but thats enough to satisfy me:) Even low-ammonia is ok for me which is what schwarzkopf igora royal line has. As for the lift, actually i have reason to believe this may not be a colored bleach. Well for one, I have used so far, koleston perfect, indola and igora and they all lifted to the target color w/ 30 vol on my black hair. I didn't think anything of it, and i know they don't have bleach its just color. That said, i know for a fact it doesn't HAVE to be a bleaching ingredient however the only reason i'm suspicious is becuz it really lifts color on colored hair. However, norskygrl21, was that just a speculation from ur stylist or he knew for a fact that it is a bleach? Thanks! Becuz i still haven't gotten the answer, for instance, I know that Wella Magma is a colored bleach. Hehe, i just wanna know if it infact is a colored bleach for sure. I tried emailing the Farouk company a while back but i didn't get a response. I'm really impatient like that.

Anyway, to eatgreenjello, i would've posted pics of my hair, hehe, but i'd have to hook up the digital camera and i'm not a very technical person...lol sorry! But i can assure u the loreal colorpulse REALLY brightened up my fading red hair!!! Ok, here's the thing, I used the shade red copper spritz, and make sure you leave it on for no less than 30 mins becuz that really brings out the intensity. Also, make sure to completely comb it thru to saturate ur hair properly. Altho, i really doesn't last long  For me it faded completely after maybe 3 washes!! Good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:30pm

Oh yeah here's the link to site where i got the chi infra color from: http://sleekhair.com/1036.html

Just so u all know, i got the color on tuesday and did some hi-lights for my mom last nite. The strange thing is color does not have ANY chemically or strong smell at all, and up close it smells like almond paste or marzipan. The texture of the color is kinda almost gritty, so now i'm really wondering. Overall, the results on her color-treated hair were pretty darn even and no brassy tones! Altho, for anyone w/ red tones wanting to go blonde (color-treated reddish tones that is) its prob. better to use the Cool Blonde shade or even Beige blonde, which is pretty.

If it unfortuately DOES turn out to be a colored bleach for sure, then maybe i can work at cheating my conscience andpretend it a color.

Edited by Veronica F
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic