Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I’m DESPERATE!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I’m DESPERATE!
    Posted: August 29 2005 at 2:00pm
thanks imma have to try that, and see how it works for my skin. i'm super sensitive so i tend to irritate my skin even more when i use scrubs and exfoliants. but who knows this might be the one- thanks for the info
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
gatorstompin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorstompin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:24pm
i use the scrub once in the morning and then right before bed.  during the day i take a hot wash rag to my face and just let it sit til it cool down then run it under some more hot water.
The world is mine.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorstompin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:23pm
naw. i ain't had no problems.  matter of fact, ever since i been using it people say my face look a lot younger like i'm still in high school but without the acne.
The world is mine.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by gatorstompin gatorstompin wrote:

i tried benzoyl peroxide which helped a little but my skin was sensitive to it. .

this is the exact reason why i couldnt use that proactiv, i have sensitive skin and benz perox just made it worse.

Originally posted by gatorstompin gatorstompin wrote:

then st. ives came out with that apricot scrub with the medication in it.  i use that and i haven't had one break out since. .

this is one thing i havent tried, i might have to give it  shot. you havent had any problems with the scrub??? my face seems to have a negative reaction when i exfoliate it to often. how often do you use the scrub?? 

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorstompin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2005 at 9:02am
i had a huge problem with acne when i was younger.  i tried benzoyl peroxide which helped a little but my skin was sensitive to it.  i tried just about everything out there.  then st. ives came out with that apricot scrub with the medication in it.  i use that and i haven't had one break out since.  every now and then throughout the day, i also take a hot/warm wash washrag and just sit it over my face. it also helps you relax.  maybe that will help you.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2005 at 7:46am

Originally posted by cutenss cutenss wrote:

I am lucky that I didn't have to experience acne as a teen, but being an adult does not make it any easier.  

Ditto, for that statement. I NEVER had acne problems as a teen, back then it would have even been more acceptable - I could have blamed it on puberty or changing hormones. But now, as an adult it stinks to have skin problems, mine isn't so much the acne, but atopic dermatitis and it drives me crazy when I have a break out.

Can't blame it on puberty this time. Darn

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
cutenss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutenss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2005 at 3:02pm
I also have a problem with adult acne.  (I'm 37).  I have been doing alot of research on internal remedies for this problem.  I started using something called CLEARITOL.  I bought it off ebay for less that $10.00.  It has helped alot fo shrinking pores.  My skin is like 90% less oily.  My face used to stay "slick" with oil. Not so much any more.  I still get occasional breakouts.  My forehead is not yet totally clear.  The clearitol has helped alot.  And I didn't have a problem with buying off ebay.  I googled it to do additional research and found other site that sell it as well.  I also found this website that was very encouraging. http://www.store.yahoo.com/vitacures/  I will be order this VERY SOON.  The common link that I found with internal acne remedies is natural hebs and vitamins, especially B5.  I hope some of this helps.  I am lucky that I didn't have to experience acne as a teen, but being an adult does not make it any easier.  SAD ONE, lets us know how it goes, hopefully your name won't reflect you much longer!   
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by KingJames23 KingJames23 wrote:

how did proactive make your skin horrible the people i know that used it they never complained about any of the happening to them

I also tried proactiv and had a bad experience with it, the problem is that proactiv contains a prescription-grade of benzoyl peroxide that penetrates the skin to fight acne problems, and people that already have very sensitive skin or skin that doesn't react well to that ingredient may sometimes have a negative reaction to it.

If someone has a bad reaction to the proactiv, when using the three or four step process,the best thing to do is stop using it until the face clears up and use one step at a time to see which product is actually causing the reaction. for example week one use only the cleanser, if there are no problems, then week two use the cleanser and the toner and so forth and so forth until your able to weed out the product thats causing the irritation. 

If it's only one part of the process giving you problems, possibly substitute for a less harsh product. If it's all three call the proactiv reps and they will more than likely refund your money, they refunded mine.

hope this helps some..... 

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
KingJames23 View Drop Down
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Sad_one Sad_one wrote:

I've tried pro-active and it make my skin horrible. It irritated it and made it worse.

What's acutane? I'm really not up for trying harsh creams or cleansers, they seem to make things worse for me.

how did proactive make your skin horrible the people i know that used it they never complained about any of the happening to them

B.M.F PIMPIN WE NOT A SQUAD WE A MOVEMENT.
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:14pm
me and my sister uses it trust me you will like what you see after you use it
360 Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingJames23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 4:13pm
yeah use that proactiv it works like a charm
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 10:53pm
yeah but the worsening of the acne is only short term
Bryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 7:16pm
cleansing diets only make acne worse. while it mah help in the long run, they are not long term diets. as your body expells toxins in the shor run, it will expell some through the skin, and thus, acne will get worse.
learn to love what you were born with
you can do anything if you set your mindto it (just dont try this with hair,that could turn out bad)
SimplyAlex View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyAlex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2005 at 8:28am
Try a cleanse. A clease will help eliminate any toxins from you body that could be causing your acne. Also try to only use one acne medication at a time. (Like it your cleaser, soap has medication, you lotion, cream shouldn't. Also it you have those big red bumps or even little ones, try some 100% Tea Tree Oil, It kills bactira.
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2005 at 3:37pm
I took accutaine about three years ago. I did have some side effects like nose bleeding, very dry lips and eye sight going funny at times. I did not feel depressed.

Even so I would recomend it, but it will however leave scars. I don't know if it will for everyone, but I ended up with alot of scars.

The thing is that now I still get acne about a week before my menstation. As you all know once you get one it takes forever to go away. What can I do about this? I have been seing a derm and getting my scars removed/reduced with accid and laser, but that was over a half year ago.

Can I go back to a doctor and get special creams or chould I try eating organic and exercicing more? Should I go to a derm once a month for a special acne facial?

Sorry to go of the topic, but maybee there are others who have the same thoughts?

norskygrl21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote norskygrl21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 4:00pm
Susan, you are correct about the dairy-acne connection. It is not just the "ingredients" in dairy products, it also has ALOT to do with the fact that cattle are treated with hormones to keep them producing milk. It is these artificial hormones that can trigger acne, that is why many physicians suggest switching to organic dairy AND meats if you have acne. Even the chicken and beef we buy at the average supermarket have been treated with hormones (especially chicken.)  This may not clear up everyone's acne, but it wouldn't hurt to switch to organic for a month or so to see if it could make a difference. For those of you who just don't have the option of going to organic supermarkets, you could try eliminating it altogether to see if it helps.  Just remember, there is a drug that is a last resort but it is something that needs to be taken very seriously. If you are at your wit's end with your acne, start looking into Accutaine NOW, because it will take at least two months (if you are a female) just to get your prescription for the first time. You will need two negative pregnancy tests and blood work before they will approve you for a scrip.
2C-Fine-Normal, 23 inches wavy Base of ponytail circumference: 4 inches
Goal: BSL, Approximately 2 to 3 inches from current length
curvediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curvediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 4:08pm

Have your doc check your thyroid levels.  My throyid med cleared my acne

Ms. Curve Diva
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 12:15am

Sad One, I can some what relate to your pain. I also deal with skin issues and I’m 34, I never had acne or skin problems as a teenager and now as an adult, I deal with it everyday. I have Atopic Dermatitis however, before I knew what it was, I tried every product on the market. I too tried proactive, and it made my face even worse, that’s because it contains benzyl peroxide and this only does more damage to sensitive skin. I went to at least three different dermatologists in the states and no one could tell what the problem was, they all gave me a cream to put on it. I was getting so frustrated. My face would break out into red patch that would dry up and get flakey and scaly looking, it was horrible. I would not leave the house unless I had too, and when I did, I didn’t want anyone talking to me. I became distant with my husband and I never left my desk at work, then all of sudden it would just clear up and reappear when ever it felt like it.

I came back to Korea a second time and saw a doctor over here, he told me exactly what it was as soon as he looked at my face, and what will usually trigger it, which doesn’t surprise me considering this is where the problem started in the first place. Now that I know what it is, I have been able to do my own research, but since anything can trigger it, I give more attention to myself, what I’ve eaten, the weather, am I stressing, or over working. The biggest factor for me is rain. When it rain it brings the pollution down from the sky and my face reacts. For example, Friday my face was clear, it rained yesterday; when I washed my face last night I had several dry patches just that fast.

So in saying ALL THAT, you said you went to the doctor, did HE tell you that your acne problems were in fact cysts? Cysts acne is under the surface of the skin infections, and what happens when they form, tissue develops on top and gets hard to keep it from spreading, at the same time it can leave scars and damage the skin. A physician can only treat this kind of acne, so he should have given you something. It doesn’t matter what other products you use, they may pacify the skin for a moment, but it will never treat the problem.

There are soooo many things that can trigger acne, hair products, skin products, food we eat, make up, moisturizers and sunscreens should be water-based, birth control, hormones, STRESS, your stressing over your skin problems and it’s not helping. Also try keeping a journal and every time you have a break out write down everything you did that day. What soap did you use, what shampoo did you used, did you wear make up that day, what you ate, did you stress over anything, is it time for your cycle to start, were you late for work or school, any little detail you can think of and over time, compare notes and track your patterns, you might surprise yourself. Another good thing to do is wash and change your pillowcase often. Hope you find something that works for you.

I’ve never used Accutane, but others that have posted say it works great. I know that it is used to treat severe acne that cannot be cleared up using everyday acne treatment products or antibiotics. Before you put anything on your face, do some research and find out what type ingredients you need to look for in a product, to help your condition, this includes using over the counter products, some products contain ingredients that may cause you more irritation.

Edited by fullxdiva
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 8:25am
I recently read about research they did on diet and acne. The recommendations you read about foods to avoid to prevent acne are incorrect. They were wrong 30 years ago when my doctor told me to follow them, and are still wrong. (I ended up on antibiotics for a year back then).

But what they concluded is that people who eat dairy tend to have more acne and more often than people who don't, and how much they eat affects how much acne they get. Dairy is not the only factor, but if you're eating lots of dairy, you might want to look at cutting back.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
vahdam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vahdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 12:48am

Accutane is very popwerful, but works great.  if your case is severe, you should discuss accutane use with your doctor.

Jay Dylan, Actor

www.JayDylan.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic