Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot oil treatment, oily?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guitar123456 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guitar123456 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot oil treatment, oily?
    Posted: May 17 2005 at 2:04pm
After i did the olive oil and honey and then i washed my hair, my hair looked really oily. is it supposed to be like that? Or is the oil supposed to all come out? thnx
Kristine391 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 17 2005 at 5:05pm
I use olive oil on my hair occasionally, but I just use a smaller amount since it does have a thick consistency and tends to not come out very easily.

I would wash your hair until the excess oil comes out.  About the honey, I've never tried that so I can't comment, but I would try to get as much of the oil out as possible by multiple washings, and next time perhaps use less oil, or maybe use Jojoba oil instead, which is a lighter oil (JMHO).

Kris
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 6:59am
Does olive oil and honey work?  I haven't tried it and am interested in knowing.  The hot oil treatments they sell in the store aren't really much oil (if any), they are water based.  So using real oil is going to be a lot harder to get out.  I wonder if it's really worth it because you need so much shampoo to remove it that you probably aren't going to be left with much moisture on your hair.  If you do find your hair in better condition though, let us know!  Its always good to try things.

You may want to try just using a super small amount of oil after washing and from the ears down, so it never gets washed out all the way.  Most who oil their hair dry (after washing, so it stays in the hair) use a tiny amount of oil so the hair doesn't even look greasy afterwards.  (Thats one reason I suggest jojoba, it works well for this, I don't know what sort of "disappearing and absorbing" factor olive has).

Edited by Susan W
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic