Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Guess this color

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess this color
    Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:14pm
1 hint: Its Bohyme

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:20pm
I guess it's their #6. It sure is long! Is it french refined?
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:24pm
Yep french refined. Nope on color. Supposed color in white font below:

#30!! Grr!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:30pm
Looks pretty brown for 30, Rose. Don't unband it and send it back for an exchange. Looks lovely, otherwise.

PS, where'd you get it from and what's the length?

Edited by amm
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:33pm
Super Hair Factory and its 18"

I had such high high hopes for having some new hairs this weekend. Actually the super remi I got in .50 ounce for hilights is much softer then the Bohyme. Bad batch, eh?

Dangdang.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:46pm
Just called and the person said I could exchange it - to which I said, if its from the same batch, I will get the wrong colour again. He also said something about purchasing a color ring so I know the color I am getting.

Color ring or not, I know the difference between brown and auburn.

So I am going to get screwed with a 20% stocking fee, get a refund check and order from ebonyline. Geezus.

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:53pm
Damn, that's EXACTLY the color I need for lowlights!
Aeone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aeone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by RoseRose RoseRose wrote:

Just called and the person said I could exchange it - to which I said, if its from the same batch, I will get the wrong colour again. He also said something about purchasing a color ring so I know the color I am getting.

Color ring or not, I know the difference between brown and auburn.

I have the Bohyme Colour Ring, and that is precisely their version of the #30 colour.  The #31, 32. and 35 are quite a bit redder in comparision, altho I'm not great w/colours, so if someone else with a ring could chime in here?  

Edited by Aeone
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 3:36pm
Yep that's definitely the colour 30 on my ring.  The colour 33 is the only red really apart from the burgundy.  They don't really do much of an array of reds to be honest, its a same really x
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 4:29pm

I have had no luck with there reds so what I do and just did two nights ago for an install this morning .is buy the 30 cut it in two or three sections( after washing it) and color with redkin shades eq. It takes demi and semi color nice and dose last ,considering the fadeing reds get on there natural hair it works out well. I color one section with a light but brighter color and the other a little darker or what ever you want:)

RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 4:59pm
Its definitely not auburn, unless auburn means brown with gold hilights.

Marie, I love Redken Shades, my best pal is a hair stylist and I have my very own 'potion' that she has been putting on my head for years, it involves rocket fire red and cherry cola, some such.

She is coming down the end of June, so hopefully I can get some proper color then.

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 7:07pm
I think that's your best bet . Eaven if it was there 30 it is allways in need of a kick. I do think they gave you 8 by mistake but 30 is still a dull red :(  The shades some what new C's are HOT HOT HOT too!Chilli is quite Prety
AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2005 at 8:34pm
so is ebonyline better to buy bohyme from?
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 12:50am
I think that weft looks like a #6 too.  You could most definately use a demi color (like shades) to make it more red.  I do this all the time with my Bohyme wefts.
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 3:42am
I am not a cosmetologist, any over the counter color I should look for? Is demi, semi permanent?

I would LOVE to have some shades for this hair!
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 12:04pm

you are kidding me!?  i ordered 30 and my hair isn't that brown!!  what should i do?!?!?!

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 5:03pm
There are lots of over the counter but I have never used it,.It will say no amonia or peroxcide though. Do a strand test first and you may have to mix two together to get the right color :)
sparx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 8:39am

if i brought the hair to my stylist, she can fix it for me right?  make it more auburn?

talk about a red headed step child 

shel221 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shel221 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:50pm

Fina Fina - Is it a colour 4?  For a while there all my bohyme col 4's looked that shade.  Thank god they are back to normal again.

x

Flamingo1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flamingo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:34am

I've been using Bohyme Deep wave colour 30 for about 2 years now and when I received my recent order about 6 weeks ago, this is the colour that I got.

Its a completely different colour to their usual colour 30 which is much lighter but I  decided to keep this batch as to me their colour 30 is completely different to the other brands of colour 30 that I've used in the past.

I've had this in now for about 4 weeks and it looks really dry, has knots and is tangly even when wet, Its also bunching up. Its def a bad batch which is a shame as its the 1st time I've had probs with this brand.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic