Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
maybeline46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maybeline46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 8:21pm
Anybody use just straight vitamin E? I bought some and just started using it.
hairlover1 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairlover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 8:46pm
i use wgo/jojoba mix
current:24" (transitioning)
goal:34" (waistlength)
total goal: natural, waistlength hair.
Lili82 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lili82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 12:58pm
My favorite is jojoba. It leaves my hair silky and moisturized, and not greasy.
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:05am
when i use jojoba daily, it dries my hair :( does anyone use sweet almon oil? i heard its not as thick as jojoba and its very moisturising
jennwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2005 at 9:38am
I am interested in getting a hair oil for my scalp. It seems that I have an allergic reaction to petrolaeaum and minearal oil. I really need a scalp pil that can combat dry scalp, psorairs, and can promote growth for sensitive scalp.
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 12:22pm
I don't have a favorite yet because Im just finding out about hair oils and all.. But I will get back to you guys when I do have a favorite.
jennwil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jennwil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 3:30pm
My mother told me to buy just straight vitamin E oil. I do not know if any one used it yet, but does it help with scalp irritation and hair growth.
Supersugar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Supersugar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 10:27pm
I use sweet almond essential oil diluted with jojoba.  It smells good and works nicely on both hair and scalp.  Nice stuff.   I've tried EVOO repeatedly, but it makes my hair feel really stiff.

Edited by Supersugar
Make every day you have count, before the time comes for you to count every day you have.
*NOT*Principle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *NOT*Principle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2005 at 1:35pm
I voted for grapeseed oil.  But really, I use a mixture of grapeseed and rosemary oil, and put it in an applicator bottle.  It works like WGO, but not as funky smelling.  I've tried adding the rosemary oil to my WGO but it seems to effect my results.  So for me, it's my own little mixture that's my favorite oil to use

Edited by *NOT*Principle
"To each his own"

tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 3:49pm

right now im using kemi oyl,and so far it's doing good on my hair,and it does smell good

smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 8:49am

Why is Mineral Oil so bad for your hair??  I have heard a lot of ladies say they try not to use products with Mineral Oil in it.

tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 11:18am
Originally posted by smahone2 smahone2 wrote:

Why is Mineral Oil so bad for your hair??  I have heard a lot of ladies say they try not to use products with Mineral Oil in it.

i think that they say mineral oil is bad cause it clogs of your pores.but i use some products with mineral oil in them and they do just fine.

smahone2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smahone2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2005 at 9:41am

Where do i get Coconut Oil and Castor Oil?  I can't seem to find it.

KBaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KBaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2005 at 8:29pm
I use Doo Gro oils.  They are very good.  I've used the Mega Thick Growth, Anti Itch Growth & Stimulating Growth Oils.  I can't say I noticed a difference in "growth" or "thickness", but they are good with leave-in conditioners, helping with detangling.  The only Doo Gro product that I've used that actually combatted hair loss & did so QUICKLY, is the DOO GRO Mega Thick Medicated Hair Vitalizer Anti-Thinning Formula.  I used it & in about 3 weeks the thinning spot thickened!  I keep it on hand and use it for my daughter's hair.
HHC began 08/05, BC 11/05. Healthy & nearly BSL 02/07!
Polyesterdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polyesterdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2005 at 2:27pm

Just curious....I am an oil/grease phobic! I'd love to put a product in my hair that moisturizes it and also helps lay my press but will not feel sticky in my fingers when I run my hands through it.

Can I ask you ladies which oil you believe has the best performance and is the least greasy?

Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2005 at 10:12pm

I use this oil blend the name is Natural Locks Hair Oil. It's a blend of african shea butter, olive oil, rosemary oil, cotton seed oil, peppermint, indian hemp, comfrey, amla, brahme, pumpkin seed oil, sesamun, indium, nymphaea, nouchali, vitamin e & egyptian frangrance.

It smells very good. For those in the Atlanta area I got if from Sevananda in Little 5 Points. It's 12.59 for 12 oz. 

ETA: This oil blend is non greasy!!!

Edited by Nita81
BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 6:48pm

Wow, Nita81 that oil sounds great--very good ingredients. Does it have a pleasant smell? And is the smell light or heavy?

~tia~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Nita81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nita81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2005 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by BrownEyez2 BrownEyez2 wrote:

Wow, Nita81 that oil sounds great--very good ingredients. Does it have a pleasant smell? And is the smell light or heavy?

~tia~

It smells like baby oil....a "grown" version if you will. It comes from the egyptian oil fragrance. I love that hair oil it's the best I've used so far b/c the smell isn't overwhelming and it's not greasy at all. Doesn't weigh the hair down either.

Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 2:55pm

EV=Olive Oil?  Wheatgerm Oil?  Jojoba Oil?  Grapeseed Oil? Vitamin E Oil?  Carrot Oil?  What is a gurl to do?    I have the dryest hair on the planet!!!

Motor Oil?  Just kidding.

Well I've tried WGO a few years ago.  Could not use the whole bottle. My nose says it smells like an old bag lady or someone who doesn't bathe.

Edited by Hair Goddess
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by tgurl tgurl wrote:

right now im using kemi oyl,and so far it's doing good on my hair,and it does smell good

tgurl,

Does this Kemi Oyl keep your hair very moist?  I have such dry hair.

Thanx

HG

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic