Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 8:47pm
I used some sweet almond oil...from the hispanic section of the ethnic isle. it was prett thick and they have a nice fragrance and it worked well in the winter, when i actually used it.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 22 2005 at 11:54pm

This is what I found on a hair website http://www.curlyhairsalon.com/homerecipes.html

To keep your curls healthy, try the following natural essential oil moisturizers:

• Patchouli Oil - Adds moisture and sheen to dreads.
  • Sage Oil - Stimulates growth and is said to kill bacteria.
  • Rosemary Oil - Adds sheen to hair, stimulates growth is said to be good at fighting dandruff.
  • Sweet Almond Oil - Great for fighting a dry, itchy scalp. Contains vitamins E and F. Also good for itchy scalp.
  • Primrose Oil - Conditiions and moisturizes hair.
  • Jojoba Oil - Great for adding moisture to a dry scalp. Jojoba oil smoothes and conditions hair.
  • Avocado Oil - Contains vitamins A, D, and E.

• Birch Oil - Great anti-dandruff scalp soother.
  • Calendula Oil - Light astringent. Is said to soothe the scalp and eczema problems.
  • Olive or Extra Olive Oil - An excellent leave-in conditioner.
  • Emu Oil - Natural & non-toxic, non-comedogenic (does not clog pores)...fights dandruff.

These essential oils are great at adding moisture and sheen to locks and other natural styles.

• My hair idol
    Transitioning
    Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
    Texture:3c
    *~*~* Jazz*~*~*
    blackhoney112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 12:06pm
    I love to use those essential oils (jojoba, almond, shea) to do a hot oil treatment on my hair before I shampoo and condition. For everyday use I love Parnevu (spelling?) T-tree oil it conditions my hair and leaves it shiny and healthy without leaving my hair feeling heavy.Also Motions CPR daily moisturizer is great!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2005 at 12:11pm
    I love sweet almond oil it helps to prevent spilt ends. I found my oils at natural food stores!

Originally posted by cmesweet cmesweet wrote:

I used some sweet almond oil...from the hispanic section of the ethnic isle. it was prett thick and they have a nice fragrance and it worked well in the winter, when i actually used it.
    jasmine2g3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmine2g3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2005 at 12:49am

Originally posted by jennwil jennwil wrote:

My mother told me to buy just straight vitamin E oil. I do not know if any one used it yet, but does it help with scalp irritation and hair growth.

The only time i use pure vitamin E is I wash my hair. I put some on my edges when it's wet but not on the rest of my hair b/c the oil is too thick. I use to use the kind straight out the capsule but I have some in a 1oz bottle and it's really thick when if I try to warm it in the palm of my hands.

My hair idol
    Transitioning
    Current Length:1"above bra strap-layered
    Texture:3c
    *~*~* Jazz*~*~*
    NixxNixx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NixxNixx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 11:04pm
    Olive and Clove Oil Therapy by Organics Africa's best.  It has all the great oils.  It stops hair dryness and split ends.  You don't need a lot...cause too much could weigh down the hill but just a little and it goes a long way and it smells nice.
    tgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2005 at 12:20pm
    Originally posted by Hair Goddess Hair Goddess wrote:

Originally posted by tgurl tgurl wrote:

right now im using kemi oyl,and so far it's doing good on my hair,and it does smell good

tgurl,

Does this Kemi Oyl keep your hair very moist?  I have such dry hair.

Thanx

HG

yeah the kemi oyl does keep your hair moist.you can do hot oil treatments with it to moisten hair.also the kemi oyl keeps my hair moist for about 2 days then the third day it's dry.you may want to use it every 2 days to keep hair moist.

Sweet_Ambrosia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sweet_Ambrosia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2005 at 6:25pm
    I've been using coconut oil for about a month and I love it, it keeps my hair soft, moisturized and shiny, so its get my vote, surprised no one voted for it! 
    *Transitioned Successfully (7-20-05~7-20-07)
    *100 Natural~3c/4a
    *Hair Goal: WSL *stretched/straighten* '08
    Silver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2005 at 1:27am
    wow, so many different things you can use, but dont they work differently on different hair types
    A new site for hairdressers http://www.hairdressersforum.co.uk
    princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 7:40am
    sweet almond oil and olive oil.  My hair is so soft and shiny because of them
    Adora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 12:15pm

Originally posted by Sweet_Ambrosia Sweet_Ambrosia wrote:

I've been using coconut oil for about a month and I love it, it keeps my hair soft, moisturized and shiny, so its get my vote, surprised no one voted for it! 

i recently 'rediscovered' coconut oil, and it worked surprisingly well on my hair.  I typically use olive oil for my deep conditioning...but i'm gonna try coconut oil the next time i wash because i like the results so much when i'm just applying it to directly to (relatively) dry hair. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 8:24am
    I might try coconut oil then
    4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 2:01pm
    I've got a question about castrol oil. How exactly would you use it? And how does it affect your hair? I wanted to buy some but I've got to make sure theres a use for it.
    carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 8:07pm
    Sakura-Castor oil- I apply it to dry hair , scalp and concentrating on my ends- the nite prior to shampooing- apply a thin, plastic cap and go to sleep-shampoo in the a.m.- It thickens, softens and moisturizes your hair. Hope this helps.
    Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
    sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 6:59am
    Thanks carameldiva, that did help. I think i might ask my mom to buy me some. Though I don't think I need the thickening element of it/
    saunbeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saunbeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 4:51am

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

when i use jojoba daily, it dries my hair :( does anyone use sweet almon oil? i heard its not as thick as jojoba and its very moisturising

I have been using sweet almond oil for over a year.  I may be in the minority on this but I like the results of this oil over jojoba. 

cmesweet View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2005 at 10:41am
    I haven't used Sweet Almond oil in a while...Lately I have been using extra Virgin Coconut oil. The scent is wonderful and it seems to work wonders, especially for a pre-poo treatment.
    Natural
    BC May 9, 2004

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackhoney112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2005 at 1:34pm
    Originally posted by blackhoney112 blackhoney112 wrote:

I love to use those essential oils (jojoba, almond, shea) to do a hot oil treatment on my hair before I shampoo and condition. For everyday use I love Parnevu (spelling?) T-tree oil it conditions my hair and leaves it shiny and healthy without leaving my hair feeling heavy.!COLOR=MAGENTA]Also Motions CPR daily moisturizer is great!

Wow I can't believe I use to think that lol
    Hair album
    pw:Romeo
    taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 5:38pm
    so which oil actuall HELP THE HAIR GROW!?! im reading all the entries about moisture this and condition that,but which oil aids in hair growth? as far as moisturizers, there are tons of products to use,but not a clear hair growth product that actually works. at least i havent heard if one on here.

Edited by taggi

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2006 at 9:16pm
    Originally posted by jasmine2g3 jasmine2g3 wrote:

This is what I found on a hair website http://www.curlyhairsalon.com/homerecipes.html

To keep your curls healthy, try the following natural essential oil moisturizers:

• Patchouli Oil - Adds moisture and sheen to dreads.
  • Sage Oil - Stimulates growth and is said to kill bacteria.
  • Rosemary Oil - Adds sheen to hair, stimulates growth is said to be good at fighting dandruff.
  • Sweet Almond Oil - Great for fighting a dry, itchy scalp. Contains vitamins E and F. Also good for itchy scalp.
  • Primrose Oil - Conditiions and moisturizes hair.
  • Jojoba Oil - Great for adding moisture to a dry scalp. Jojoba oil smoothes and conditions hair.
  • Avocado Oil - Contains vitamins A, D, and E.

• Birch Oil - Great anti-dandruff scalp soother.
  • Calendula Oil - Light astringent. Is said to soothe the scalp and eczema problems.
  • Olive or Extra Olive Oil - An excellent leave-in conditioner.
  • Emu Oil - Natural & non-toxic, non-comedogenic (does not clog pores)...fights dandruff.

These essential oils are great at adding moisture and sheen to locks and other natural styles.

• read this taggi

4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
      Share Topic