Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:17pm
I did it with normal shea butter and my hair came out so thin (in a good way).
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:44pm
I put it on dry hair with sone suave humectan I hated but didn't want to waste. I know it was the Liquid Shea that softened my hair b/c I had been doing pre-poo with just the humectant and it never came out that soft before.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 12:35pm
Do you put the liquid shea on wet or dry hair? I think I'm going to try this with shea butter.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 12:04pm
I like Sheabutter (whatever you consider it) WGHO, and Jojoba oil. Also I tried liquid Shea for a prepoo treatment, `5 min under the dryer my hair felt as really soft after shampooing, even before I used conditioner.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

you forgot to add shea butter. i classify it as an oil just in a solid form. To me, this is the best and second best is wgho

Gurl how could I forget!!   "Other" would be the best bet. I heard this stuff was the best too.

Edited by sugaplum
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Adora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 11:30am

i'm another EVOO believer...i mix it with my conditioner and i love the look/feel of my hair as a result.

annalie, EFA is that essential fatty acid or something else?  and where do you get that from?

Annalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 8:41pm

The best by far is Aphogee's EFA mix. 

It mada a marked difference in the health and shine of my hair.  I will always use it!

I also like evoo, coconut oil and and mo' body vitale oil.

Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 8:22pm
you forgot to add shea butter. i classify it as an oil just in a solid form. To me, this is the best and second best is wgho
Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 7:40pm
jojoba all the way!! I also like Kemi-Oyl because it smells so good! its a mix of essential oils that really coats the cuticle well!
To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:23pm
It was hard for me to choose jsut one!  I use a combo of EVOO (my staple), jojoba, WGO, and Hot 6 oil on my hair.  Works like a charm!
Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:22pm
You know I love my grapeseed oil.  It put a nice coating on my ends without leaving them dry.
Jewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:15pm
My favorites are: Wild Growth Hair Oil and Dabur Vatika Oil
Type: 3c, Relaxed
Current Length: Lower Back (Close to Waist)
Goal: Classic Length

http://public.fotki.com/Jewell21
PW: trulyblessed

-No Stylists.
-Self-Relaxer.
-Simple Hair Care.

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:12pm

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to know what your favorite hair oil/oils is and why.  Mine is EVOO because it leave my hair very shiny and I mix it in all my conditioners and pre-poo treatments and as for Other mine is Kemi Oyl becuase it does wonders for my ends and the smell is dreamy.

Thank you ladies in advance.

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic