Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the best hair oil/oils?
    Posted: May 19 2005 at 6:12pm

Hello Ladies,

I just wanted to know what your favorite hair oil/oils is and why.  Mine is EVOO because it leave my hair very shiny and I mix it in all my conditioners and pre-poo treatments and as for Other mine is Kemi Oyl becuase it does wonders for my ends and the smell is dreamy.

Thank you ladies in advance.

100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
Jewell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:15pm
My favorites are: Wild Growth Hair Oil and Dabur Vatika Oil
Type: 3c, Relaxed
Current Length: Lower Back (Close to Waist)
Goal: Classic Length

http://public.fotki.com/Jewell21
PW: trulyblessed

-No Stylists.
-Self-Relaxer.
-Simple Hair Care.

Cinnamon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cinnamon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:22pm
You know I love my grapeseed oil.  It put a nice coating on my ends without leaving them dry.
QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 12:23pm
It was hard for me to choose jsut one!  I use a combo of EVOO (my staple), jojoba, WGO, and Hot 6 oil on my hair.  Works like a charm!
Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 7:40pm
jojoba all the way!! I also like Kemi-Oyl because it smells so good! its a mix of essential oils that really coats the cuticle well!
To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 8:22pm
you forgot to add shea butter. i classify it as an oil just in a solid form. To me, this is the best and second best is wgho
Annalie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Annalie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2005 at 8:41pm

The best by far is Aphogee's EFA mix. 

It mada a marked difference in the health and shine of my hair.  I will always use it!

I also like evoo, coconut oil and and mo' body vitale oil.

Adora View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 11:30am

i'm another EVOO believer...i mix it with my conditioner and i love the look/feel of my hair as a result.

annalie, EFA is that essential fatty acid or something else?  and where do you get that from?

sugaplum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugaplum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 12:38pm

Originally posted by Renee Renee wrote:

you forgot to add shea butter. i classify it as an oil just in a solid form. To me, this is the best and second best is wgho

Gurl how could I forget!!   "Other" would be the best bet. I heard this stuff was the best too.

Edited by sugaplum
100% Natural
BC - 4/21/07
Love All Gods' Creatures
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 12:04pm
I like Sheabutter (whatever you consider it) WGHO, and Jojoba oil. Also I tried liquid Shea for a prepoo treatment, `5 min under the dryer my hair felt as really soft after shampooing, even before I used conditioner.

Fotki updated on 10/28 address in profile
Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2005 at 12:35pm
Do you put the liquid shea on wet or dry hair? I think I'm going to try this with shea butter.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 12:44pm
I put it on dry hair with sone suave humectan I hated but didn't want to waste. I know it was the Liquid Shea that softened my hair b/c I had been doing pre-poo with just the humectant and it never came out that soft before.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 1:17pm
I did it with normal shea butter and my hair came out so thin (in a good way).
Honeydoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honeydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 8:55pm

This is so hard! I like to use carrot oil, WGHO, EVOO, castor oil, jojoba oil, AND coconut oil!! But I had to vote for castor because it works great for everything on the body and the hair. Even from the inside out.

http://public.fotki.com/Honeydoo
pw: bombay
cebnn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cebnn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 9:07pm

Originally posted by Layla Layla wrote:

I did it with normal shea butter and my hair came out so thin (in a good way).

hmm.. what exactly did you do? was your hair wet or dry? I want to know everything! lol.. details!! 

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2005 at 3:36pm

I did it sorta like the baggie method but on all my hair. I rubbed it in my hands for awhile so it was melted and just put it all over my hair. I put a shower cap on and sat around with it for a couple of hours. My hair was dry.

Now that I think about it, I don't think it was the shea butter. I mean it did make my hair all moisturized and all that good stuff but I think it was just my shampoo and conditioner. I use ARTec textureline smoothing but I hadn't used it in a while because I've been CO washing with TRESemme w/b12 and gelatin (great stuff) and Redken Heavy Cream (I love this stuff). It's weird because when you're in the shower the ARTec doesn't make your hair feel great but when you get it out it's so much smoother and it dries so soft and fluffy.

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 8:26pm

Hard to choose just one! My favorites are coconut, jojoba and Shea butter. Jojoba and coconut because they've both improved the health of my hair. Shea for it's softening properties.

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
nyx` View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nyx` Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 10:33am
I like ahogee essential fatty acids the most for mixing with conditioners and relaxers, that stuff leaves your hair a lot more moisturized and softer than other oils.  I like hot six oil for when I'm just oiling my hair because it's light and it has a nice smell. 
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 4:15pm
Olive oil or jojoba oil.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

hairlover1 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairlover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 10:15pm
i like olive oil by ors and wild growth oil
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic