Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Samanthajones67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samanthajones67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 11:24am
I combine several oils.
Mrs. Jones
rr_84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rr_84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 11 2007 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Jewell Jewell wrote:

My favorites are: Wild Growth Hair Oil and Dabur Vatika Oil

Dabur Vatika enriched coconut hair oil is my favourite too,it includes ingredients such as henna, lemon, rosemary oil and amla which strengthen the roots of your hair to help maintain health and thickness.  Dabur AMLA hair oil is quite an ancient hair remedy lol and works a treat because it promotes hair growth more and the healthiness. Dabur JASMINE hair oil makes hair really silky and smells gorgeous, but can turn hair a lighter shade gradually.

where i sometimes buy them when the stores have run out.

synthia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote synthia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2007 at 9:20am
Emu oil is my favorite because its creamy, increases the moisture level and makes my hair feel very rich and emollient. It also helps other oils deeply penetrate. I love it.

Next up is coconut, which not only smells good but adds moisture, shine, and prevents against hair protein loss.

I know people like to say oil only seals but doesn't moisturize. That's not true with these two oils, especially emu.

Edited by synthia - August 12 2007 at 9:21am
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2007 at 6:54pm
I have to look for Emu sounds like some good stuff.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 12:47pm
I just made a mixture of shea butter and tea tree oil. i am using this on my scalp while i am in cornrows. it is really creamy and soothing to my scalp. I love it.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
ccmuffingirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 9:19pm
My favorite oil is Virgin Coconut Oil.  I also like EV Olive Oil, though.  Coconut oil is great for promoting hair elasticity and improving the cuticle and shine.  If taken internally it will make hair more manageable, soft, and shiny and also reduces your bodies need for Vitamin E.  The benefits of this oil are endless.  It's the only saturated fat proven to lower bad cholesterol levels and improve good ones.  It also works as an anti-oxidant and blocks free radicals that can damage skin and hair.  I can go on and on about coconut oil, but here's a website that can tell you more about it if you're interested.

Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 9:23pm
ccmuffingirl
now this is what I come in here for...ty ladies for sharing all of this great info,
please keep it coming
my mama lived by coconut oil in my hair, and I love it too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 9:42pm
Yeah, I love it <3  it's one of the products I swear by.
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 4:08am
never heard of that one b4, is that the real name?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 1:10pm
Oh no, that's not the name.  The virgin coconut oil that I use is by spectrum organics.  I buy it at Whole Foods for around eight or nine dollars.   Most people who are coconut oil fanatics like myself use Tropical Traditions.  They say it's the best, but I've never tried it.  To me any organic coconut oil should be good enough.  I don't think a brand makes a major difference.
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 2:06pm
So I live near a health food store, should I just ask them for organic coconut oil, and there is a difference in the edible kind as opposed to the kind for skin and hair...right?
kathyblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kathyblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 5:32pm
My favorite oil would have to be coconut oil. Supposedly camellia oil is really good, but I havent bought it yet so I'll let you know what's up when I buy it.

MY mother bids me bind my hair
With bands of rosy hue,
Tie up my sleeves with ribbons rare,
And lace my bodice blue.

http://public.fotki.com/kathyblack/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 8:19pm
I use the edible kind for both my hair and to cook with because it's 100% organic coconut oil.  I don't know what they do for the coconut oil to be just for skin and hair.  In my opinion if it's safe enough to eat it's safe enough to put on my hair.  But yes, you can go to a health food grocery store and ask for organic coconut oil and they should have it.

Edited by ccmuffingirl - September 02 2007 at 8:43pm
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2007 at 10:54pm
Cool, yeah I've wondered the same thing about coconut oil, I wonder is the cooking kind flavored in some way? Girl u don't know how excited I am to run out and try this.....
yipeee
SexySyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SexySyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 10:10am
Coconut oil have alot of healthy benefits if used for cooking or taken internally.  Google coconut oil and you'll see some of the benefits.  It is said to help diabetics control sugar levels.  It is also said to help lose weight and control appetite and craving.  Drinking the coconut water and eating the fruit itself is also very good for your body.

It is also very good for hair because it's easily absorbed into the hair staff and strengthen it.  It offers all of the biotin, protein and omega 3s that your hair needs to be healthy.

Do some research and you will see some of the benefits. 

Syn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccmuffingirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2007 at 10:24pm
No, the coconut oil used for cooking isn't flavored in anyway.  It even smells like coconuts.  I use it in my deep conditioning treatments by mixing a portion of it with my deep conditioners and also I use it to lightly coat my hair.  You don't want to use too much.  A little bit goes a long way with coconut oil since it is a very rich oil.  Your hair will look super healthy and shiny and also if you take it internally, your skin will reap the benefits as well.  It's also been shown to help with maintaining a healthy weight.  All I can say is that this oil is that this oil is too good to be true.  In Africa they call the Coconut palm "the tree of life".  I think it's fitting.
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair"--Kahlil Gibran
http://public.fotki.com/ccmuffingirl/
Wishful growth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wishful growth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2007 at 10:05am
Hello all,

For those interested in purchasing sheabutter and essential oils, I came across some websites that may be helpful. Also I have included a website for perfume bottles for the oils. I like pretty bottles. The prices are ok, if someone knows of a cheaper place please let me know.

lsw722us View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lsw722us Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2007 at 1:02pm
I love Extra virgin olive oil!  It's the best thing that has ever happened to me!Tongue

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 12:08pm

Originally posted by Wishful growth Wishful growth wrote:

Hello all,

For those interested in purchasing sheabutter and essential oils, I came across some websites that may be helpful. Also I have included a website for perfume bottles for the oils. I like pretty bottles. The prices are ok, if someone knows of a cheaper place please let me know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 12:09pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic