Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Anomis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anomis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2007 at 2:28pm
ty for providing all these great links everybody
spiredem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiredem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 7:17pm
Please try Dr. Hauschka Neem Hair Oil or Lotion!  I use the lotion on my scalp and the oil on my hair.
spiredem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiredem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 7:19pm
I suggest Dr. Hauschka Neem Hair OIL! It seems to be very moisturizing but never, ever greasy.  My hair is very fine so I cant use and heavy oils either but it's also very dry!  This is the only lightweight one I've been happy with.

Edited by spiredem - December 02 2007 at 7:21pm
kennedy_700 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kennedy_700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2007 at 10:51pm
I really like monoi oil. When I was growing my hair out I would apply it damp as a heat protectant, and it can be combined with a deep conditioner for more lasting effects. It will keep it shiny in the face of shameful heat damage.
"A good upbringing means not that you won't spill sauce on the tablecloth, but that you won't notice it when someone else does.
-Anton Chekhov
traci60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote traci60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 10 2007 at 1:14pm
Salerm Silk Touch.  Just a dab'll do you.  Great shine, doesn't weigh the hair down.  Smile
Godsflowerrr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godsflowerrr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2007 at 8:23pm
i just love to blend different oils together.....my favorite are jojoba and evoo!!!!! 
asksabino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asksabino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2008 at 3:18pm
Can I ask everyone a question? If you are in a desert or high humidity climate, does your hair still frizz?
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2008 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by kennedy_700 kennedy_700 wrote:

I really like monoi oil. When I was growing my hair out I would apply it damp as a heat protectant, and it can be combined with a deep conditioner for more lasting effects. It will keep it shiny in the face of shameful heat damage.

I always wanted to try Monoi Oil.  Hopefully, I can find a place here that sells it.  What  scent did you like  best?
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

jaxhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaxhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2008 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by ccmuffingirl ccmuffingirl wrote:

I use the edible kind for both my hair and to cook with because it's 100% organic coconut oil.  I don't know what they do for the coconut oil to be just for skin and hair.  In my opinion if it's safe enough to eat it's safe enough to put on my hair.  But yes, you can go to a health food grocery store and ask for organic coconut oil and they should have it.

6 months late replying lol, but this is my motto... if it's not safe to eat, it's not safe for the skin/hair. The skin is the largest organ in the body and absorbs into the bloodstream a huge percentage of what we put on it.
maquinna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maquinna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2008 at 7:04am
Hi friends
I know the best qualified american product.
It has all kind of mild shampoos and hair oils.
want to know just enter
www.haircompounds.com
Snook View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:29am
Jojoba Oil
Electric Beauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Electric Beauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2008 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by maquinna maquinna wrote:

Hi friends
I know the best qualified american product.
It has all kind of mild shampoos and hair oils.
want to know just enter
www.haircompounds.com

They cater to wholesalers only
Miranda
caliqueen110 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caliqueen110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2008 at 7:28pm
I swear by Carol's Daughter Lisa's Hair Elixir. See the review on http://www.blackhairgrowth.com.
trinitybanks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinitybanks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2008 at 1:36am

I hope this isnt a stupid question, but I need to know where do you buy the jojoba oil?  I used to use it years ago because it was the main ingredient in a hair activator but they no longer make it.  My hair thrived at that time and stayed moist.  But now it seems I cant find it in full form.  It is usually the last ingredient with a bunk of mineral and other junk before it.  Any help greatly apprecitated.

LaceWigLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaceWigLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2008 at 8:55pm
Were you using pure jojoba? Have you tried the health food store?

Don't you just love how some products print it on the packaging in HUGE letters, and then you read the microprint on the back to find out there's barely a drop in the whole bottle!
Toni E.
"Just me and my wigs"
Beauti--Is--Mi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauti--Is--Mi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2008 at 2:00am
I've always wanted to try jojoba oil,but always became side tracked to buying it.I want to hear some reviews on it,so can anyone who used this oil tell me how they feel about it,please?? book
*♥´¨)
¸.•♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸ ;.♥.Tojia Monet-Yes,that is me....♥
jackie23 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackie23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2008 at 2:19pm
Recently I have a connection with Castor Oil.  I love Olive oil in my conditioner and sometimes once a week.  When I baggie with the caster oil my hair is soo soft.  Smile
Where there is a will there is a way

http://public.fotki.com/jackie23/
Born Kinky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Born Kinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 9:12am
Ohm Body's Avocado Oil is super great!  It is naturally full of vitamins and seals my hair shafts tight!
dothdamnthang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dothdamnthang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2008 at 9:56pm
 Hollywood Beauty Carrot Cream & Chloresterol wit a few drops of Carrot Oil
Hair Goddess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hair Goddess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 1:55pm
I like Olive Oil.
It works great when I mix it with a conditioner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic