Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What is the best hair oil/oils?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Poll Question: What is the best hair oil/oils?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [16.80%]
30 [12.30%]
17 [6.97%]
23 [9.43%]
7 [2.87%]
2 [0.82%]
78 [31.97%]
2 [0.82%]
8 [3.28%]
36 [14.75%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 5:50pm
ok so basically rosemary and sage oils.so where do you get them from? beauty stores like Sally's or just anywhere like walmart?
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2006 at 5:53pm
you can find them at healthfood stores
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 4:16pm
like gnc?
princess8907 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote princess8907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 4:47pm
yep
4b-natural,shoulder blade length,hair goal of to my bra strap

taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2006 at 10:47pm
ok makes sense,thanks!
loveya4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveya4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 06 2006 at 11:26pm

Hi everyone im JE JE, and im new to the group.  Well im not that new...I sneak in from time to time, but i never post. 

I just wanted to say that i love Jojoba oil and sweet almond oil, but they are very expensive and my hair requires a lot of it.  I have waist length hair so I need alot of oil.  I have found that the jojoba and sweet almond work best when i mix them with a large amount of Vegetable Oil. 

http://health.ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/thenewblackhairmille nnium/photos/view/2625?b=2

Loveya4ever
http://public.fotki.com/redhotlala/
missasia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missasia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 4:18am

Hi evryone!

I logged in after a long long time, but wanted to reply to this particular post. I definetly prefer AMLA HERBAL HAIR OIL which I always buy online.

I even feel relaxed using this on my kids as this is herbal and all natural. Above all this product is not expensive at all.My hair being lenthy need enough oil and it is tried and tested formula since ages in India, so I feel all the more confident of the product I am using.  

missasia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missasia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2006 at 4:21am

Hello ,

I guess the spelling ALMA OIL is wrongly written in the poll list. Please see to it. It Should be AMLA Oil.   

R2D2inoz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R2D2inoz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 3:19pm

Extra virgin Coconut oil seems to agree the most with me.  I add some to my leave in every day.  It feels my hair feeling soft and moisterised but not overly greasy.

I found EVOO too heavy and every time I sprayed it on I had to have a shower to get rid of the greasy feeling.

Natural 10 years
3b/4a armpit length hair
deexox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deexox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2006 at 4:25pm
I like avacado oil and coconut, but since avacado isn't a choice I choose Coconut. It's so yummy-smelling
Hair Type- 4a/b *transitioning front of my head*
Length-ranges from 5-7 inches =)
Products- Garnier Fructis S & S Poo, Lustrasilk Shea Butter Mango Conditioner and Cantu-Leave in =)
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2006 at 3:19pm

Well I am a newbie to this board, but not to haircare.  What works for me are the following oils:

Extra virgin olive oil: use it for pre-poo, conditioner booster, and lubrucating the hair.

Jojoba oil: pre-poo, conditioner booster, hair lube

Nexxus Botanic Oil: pre-poo, conditioner booster, hair lube

Castor oil: pre-poo, conditioner booster

Coconut oil: hair lube (for summer only)

These are the oils that I use on a consistent basis.

MsMiamiLady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMiamiLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 4:17pm
i prefer WGHO<~~ it works very well in managing tangly natural hair and new growth

Edited by MsMiamiLady
1hairlover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1hairlover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2006 at 10:55pm
I use  oil by a company called platinum , its works wonder on dry hair and I can't keep in in stock at my salon. My clients love it so much , even my kids come in and ask for it.Great for the skin also.
lovelove
Claudie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 2:24am

I like most of the oils listed.  I love WGO, it  is very good.  I also use a mixture of jojoba oil, rosemary and, peppermint.  Sometimes I use castor oil and carrot oil.

sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2006 at 8:30am

Well, EVOO doesnt really work for me anymore, it just kindda sits on my hiar and makes it greasy.. so its no longer my favorite.

I have grown fond of coconut oil. It leaves my hair feeling wonderful, soft and moisturised without it being weighted down.

I use castor oil on occasion for pre poo treatments, its super thick but it does leave my hair pretty soft.

I still want to experiment more with oils though. But ive got a question. Do you think buying oils online is cheaper than buying them if health food stores?

Edited by sakura07 - July 11 2006 at 8:30am
MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 18 2006 at 4:30am
I voted EVOO because it's a staple and I couldn't live without but I also love castor oil, coconut oil, vitamin e oil and Fantasia IC PM Treatment (even though the first ingredient is mineral oil. I wanan try avacado oil and Africa's Best Herbal Oil.
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2006 at 11:01pm
hey Suga
how did you do the poll. i wanted to set one up for flat irons. let me know.

http://public.fotki.com/Kell1e/
Transitioning since Aug 06
Last Relaxer Apr 06
Champagne_Wishe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Champagne_Wishe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 3:08pm
I don't remember if I responded, but I like castor oil and evoo for hot oil treatments in the winter and coconut oil for shine in the summer and jojoba in the winter.            
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 5:13pm
Lately I've been using sweet almond oil and I find that my hair likes it. The oil is very light and leaves my hair feeling wonderful
simplired View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simplired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2007 at 1:03am
I just discovered Virgin Coconut oil and jojoba, both are good and do not weigh down the hair...but you still have to go lightly when applying it.

It is the miracle oil for me ,afro american hair dry from relaxers.   I still have my relaxer...yippi, my hair is on its way to healthy..... will see how long it takes to get more lengthTongue
Special note: I also switched to organic shampoos with no toxican at all

Aubrey Organics is fabulosooooousTongue

Has any afro american tried the NATRALAXER for relaxing hair...I have order, please let me know  it was recommended by EWG.ORG

Everyone needs to view that site.Big%20smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic