Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting a diet and working out!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting a diet and working out!
    Posted: May 20 2005 at 1:28am

If you feel hungry all the time, you're probably better off eating smaller amounts more often.  If you do that, try not to eat any big meals, just a little thing every few hours.  Or you could eat three moderate meals and snack on fruits and veggies in between.  Maybe if you don't get hungry between meals, or aren't allowed to snack at school or work, then you could have bigger meals.

Eat whole grains and lowfat dairy, as those are said to be good for losing weight.  Try not to eat much red meat.  Eat baked or broiled rather than fried as much as possible.  Try not to eat too many empty calories (high-calorie foods without much nutrition).  Drink lots of water.  Pretty common-sense stuff, really.

More awesome than a manatee!
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2005 at 10:24pm
Well I am getting a membership to Power House gym tomorrow morning and I am so excited! I am a small girl 5'4 122 pounds, but I have a few problem spots, like my tummy and my upper thighs. I am sure I can get the whole workout thing down, but I wanna start eating healthier too! I keep hearing all different things about how to diet. Like eat 5 small meals a day, now 5 small meals to me still sounds like a lot! Then I hear just to eat 3 big meals a day? Which is it? And what kind of foods can I eat besides dry chicken and veggies?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic