Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dandruff = Hair Growth?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BRI_BETHEA View Drop Down
bnd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRI_BETHEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dandruff = Hair Growth?
    Posted: May 21 2005 at 12:20am
 I've heard that dandruff makes you hair grow is that true? Or does fast hair growth cause dandruff?
3C/4A Realaxed
babyautumn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyautumn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 12:11pm
Idon't think so. Dandruff isn't anything but the results of A) An irritated scalp due to overuse of hair products or allegic reactions to ir or it could be B) An effect of some unforseen health problem or C) Present lack of oil or blockage of hair pores causeing scalp not to be in it's best condition. In short I don't think the myth that dandruff is a stimulant for hair growth..not at all. Ain't it amazing how sayings like that get started?!
beauty is in the eye of the beholder;make sure that your vision of it doesn't blind anyone elses!
QueenLinda83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenLinda83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 12:26pm
I think it's a myth
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 5:21pm
I don't believe any sane person would WANT dandruff. No it do not make your hair grow.
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Sistaslick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sistaslick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 2:57am
babyautumn dandruff is really not something to be desired.
jean32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jean32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 4:44am
Most dandruff is caused by a fungus it's noncontagious.Dandruff doesn't cause your hair to grow.
serk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 10:59pm

I agree with everybody. No way dandruff can make your hair grow.

The fast hair growth doses not cause the dandruff, however the product to stimulate fast hair growth could be the reasons for dandruff.
Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 11:44am

he hehe! You are NOT the only one that's heard that one!!

I believed for a long time that dirty hair with lots of sebum grows faster! There is certainly a positive correlation between faster hair growth and dandruff when my hair is in braids..but I think its the braids causing the growth spurts, not the dandruff... perhaps the overproduction of sebum is a result of your scalp compensating for being exposed and pulled tight with braids...

To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
serk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2005 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Princess1 Princess1 wrote:

he hehe! You are NOT the only one that's heard that one!!

I believed for a long time that dirty hair with lots of sebum grows faster! There is certainly a positive correlation between faster hair growth and dandruff when my hair is in braids..but I think its the braids causing the growth spurts, not the dandruff... perhaps the overproduction of sebum is a result of your scalp compensating for being exposed and pulled tight with braids...

I completely disagree.

Sebum and also Cholesterol can clog the hair follicles and an increase production of DHT (diHydroTestosterone). The DHT make the hair follicles will begin to shrink. This process leads to hair loss, not to hair grow. This is why when people fighting hair loss they keep the scalp clean and free of sebum and cholesterol build-up.

BRI_BETHEA View Drop Down
bnd

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRI_BETHEA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 9:40pm
Thanx I never really believed that untill I notice my little cousins dandruff who's hair has been known to grow almost 3 inches a month almost I just realized it's probaly because she washes her hair every two weeks.
3C/4A Realaxed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic