Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PH Pinchbraids Pix

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PH Pinchbraids Pix
    Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:59am
Ohmygod. Pictures first, story later. In a nutshell:
Serina is awesome! She had never done a full head of synth in a 'natural' look before and was completely blown away by PH. While she was styling it, she just kept gasping at how awesome the hair is and how great it was turning out. She's a total convert and is now totally into synth as an option to hh..but more on that later.

Now without further ado:

Before:

I can't believe I look like this, but whatever:

Pinchbraids:

Super long hair!!:

After MUCH styling:

And front taken by my son with no flash after long day, but you get the idea:

Serina, a total doll:

Ladies, I am completely thrilled! It's like I recognized myself after all this time! It's a weird juxtapostion, tho, of the hair I remember - only BETTER - and how I look now after 18 months of being really sick - a lot different. But with my hair, it's a huge start on the road to recovery.

Later I have to tell you about Serina's awakening to the world of high quality synth as a real option..she is completely blown away and really excited. More on that later. Meanwhile, just wanted to post these pix!!

Pinchbraids are THE ANSWER!!   

Time to put my hair in BOINKS and go to bed!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 2:08am
I am at work and have been shirking all responsibility as I hit refresh to see if you're here.

Magnifico! Serina looks like a complete angel and now I must go to her. A pinchbraid pilgrimage, if you will.

Is that the mocha & mahaghoni that was in our order? Damn, that looks nice. I LOVE it!

OK, you sleep. You deserve it. But when you come back, tell us everything. Did Serina do the blending by hand as she went along? How long did it take? How does your head feel?

Again, it looks sensational and the cut is fabulous!

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 2:16am
amm, I told her about you and you absolutely must have her do you. You can stay at my place for the overnight. It took her 6 hours, but mostly cuz the styling took 45 minutes - she'd never worked with PH before, and the length was alot to handle. But you could help her out with the length, layering, etc. and be done in 5 or so. She's a pinchbraiding whiz.

It's kaffee underlayer, mahaghoni in the middle, and muskat scattered at the top. She is really an artist that way - scattering, getting braids near the front really small so they hide, and the styling...that was the most amazing. You should have seen the hair on the floor!!

Anyway, I'm serious. She is a new woman with PH and the ability to use synth in this way, not just for dreds and falls.

$385 for a full head when you supply the hair, which is what you want cuz all she gets is Trimco or Doc Locks synth. And she deserves every bit of a tip! She's awesome and soooo happy to discover there's a world of women who are not slaves to Great Lengths.
I'll tell you about the blending later. Head feels like I don't have anything on - not tight, nothing.

Edited by Syren123
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:21am
That looks awesome Syren....very happy for you!! You look
good. Just love the colors.
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 4:49am
It's beautiful, Syren. Just beautiful.

In that fifth picture down, you can really see the color blending, which is fabulous! It's such a lush mix of browns, and the layers are perfect.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 5:56am
Ohhhh Syren....you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL! The colors and the length are great! I agree with Jenny, its a lush mix! And in the close-up of the pinchbraids... looks perfect. I HAVE to try this method!
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 6:02am
Looks great!!! And I'm so happy because I can now see the browns with out the ring  It's just lovely,( the mahaghoni is all me!)Now I can order!! What is your own hair like straight or with curl, and how are you styling it in?
sansconformist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sansconformist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 7:20am
OOOhh! That blending and layering is so pretty! I've been intrigued by well done pinch braids, some of you rave about them so, and I can see why. You're hair looks wonderful, Syren. I'm so pleased for you.
ccross6032 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccross6032 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 7:44am

WOW. how beautiful and fun...i also kept thinking yesterday - today is syren's appt! it's so blended and gorgeous.

i know what you mean about the PH awakening..heather who did my pinchbraids had never worked with it either and was, like, OH!

well done! you have me already plotting my next install.....

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 7:59am

SYREN WHOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! That is a BEEYOUTEEFUL crown!

I thought about you all day yesterday. . .!! Thanks so much for posting these. And WELCOME BACK to yourself as you remembered, only better!

I am blown away by the styling and cutting she did. WOW. For not having done the "natural" look, Serina sure got it down in a hurry!

Here's to you, your continuing recovery, and beautiful health!

elvira View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elvira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:34am

I'm so happy for you! You look young and beautiful! It even shows on your face, you look serene! Life does begin after a new head of hair. What state did you have this done?

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 11:35am
gorgeous.

The braids are so neat and clean and the styling is fabulous.

YOu siad she made tiny braids closer tot he front. how close did she go? 

WOW!

has she done naturallook with HH hair before?  or onlyt he not so natural look with synth?
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:42pm
Thanks so much, girls! This has been said before but I have to say it again; if it weren't for you all, I never would have been able to do this cuz I never would have known all the things I know now. It's been a great year being on this board - plus, you're all so fun.

Slept in Jenny's boinks and hair is ready to wear this morning - talk about low maintenance.

Marie87: as you can see, my own hair is straight with a very slight wave (but no body or anything). I don't straighten it ever -just blow dry. I think I'll use a curling iron on my own hair to style it in the mornings. And yeah, mahagoni is a gorgeous brown - a tinge of red to it, and muskat is the same brown only gold instead of red.

Elvira: thanks! I had it done in Huntington Beach, CA. I found her through the Hairpolice site. She took their class and got certified through them in this technique, and the advantage to that is she is listed on their website. We talked about that and it is a big advantage - they do send clients to her.

Cheryl & Fina: WOOHOOO is right! Fina, I told Serina about your plan to do synth in the back and hh in the front so you can jack with it to your heart's content and she thought that was brilliant.

Serina does pinchbraids with hh alot for a natural look, but she only uses synth for falls she makes and for that artsy goth thing people do. She is so over that now, however, and wants to do more real world extensions. As far as synth, the only kind she's ever seen or used is Trimco's and Doc Locks', neither of which hold a candle to PH in texture and wearability.

Blending: she does all her own hand blending and can and will custom blend any color. She gasped at the PH color rings I brought! That kind of range could really help her do more with that.

Most of all, tho, she was completely amazed at how the PH felt and looked - she kept remarking that it looked sooo real, and once her clients see her pictures, they're all going to want it. Right now, she says none of her hh clients would even consider using synth, and up to now, neither did she. Here we go - changing the hair world, one stylist at a time! LOL

Mocha: on the sides, she went as close as 1" in from my hairline - right at where my surgery incision scar is. But starting at about ear level, she scattered braids from that point up to nearly the top of my head, just here and there, in muskat color. That's how she got the highlighted look. Cool, huh?

I didn't even have to suggest to her to make smaller and more abundant braids - she told me that's what she was doing to make it look more natural - now, isn't that awesome? She is like so on our wavelength. I just love her and am so happy to have found a stylist who wants exactly what I want.

Edited by Syren123
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 1:50pm
wow.  I had thought trimco was a monofiber.  Just goes to show how awesome PH is!
RoseRose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoseRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2005 at 2:32pm
Hooray! Hooray! I also kept checking in yesterday to see if you posted.

Your hair is AMAZING!!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 1:02am
Hee, "that artsy goth thing people do".

Serina IS awesome, I agree! Her braids look absolutely perfect. Syren, if you're like, completely bored and want a monotonous thing to do, can you do me a favor? :) Can you count the braids on your head? I never remember to count how many I do, and I'd like an idea of how many other pinchbraiders do. Keep rockin' that haar!

mocha: Trimco is monofiber; I can tell by the feel that it's a higher quality than BSS kanekalon silky braid...but yeah, I dunno if it's as nice as PH. Several clients have mentioned that it has kind of a coarse feel. I'm going to try some on my own head soon to see if I should give it up for good.

-Rae
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 4:47pm
LOL! Sure, Rae, I'll give it a try. I started to count last night, but the prob is that the lower part of my head has lots of small bald spots from my experiments in fusion earlier this year (they're growing back, but the hair is really short), so Serina had to put the bottom braids in irregularly...and I lost count a couple of times. I'll give it another try tonight during Desperate Housewives and report back.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 7:59pm
Syren, did you ever get that braid count? I'm dying to know how
many are in. Are they still comfy and snug? How you like them still?
Do they slip at all?

I found someone in San Francisco through hairpolice.com named
Ramah that does a full head of pinchbraids for $400. Very nice mail
from her and so close to home. I'm torn who I want to go to. My next
install will be all PH again with pinchbraids. Damn, I want to try the
EP hair, too. It's so nice to have two great options now after all the
crap experiments and wasted $.

Give us an update, Syren. Tell us how they feel now.
Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 8:30pm
I soooo love those pinchbraids!!! I NEED to start doing those. HMMMMMMMM...who will be my first victim......
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2005 at 8:52pm

Hmmmmmmm ...Chris!!!! I wonder? Oh! I know....me! I've got the PH. You keepa practicin' maybe during our "time off" we can hook up!

BTW....Sorry to jack your thread Syren.

That haar is HOT! I'm so happy you've got a long lucious mane. You definately deserve it! The hilites are a "suave" touch. She's good!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic