Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hairy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hairy
    Posted: May 28 2005 at 4:28pm

Hi, I just joined here and I have a problem none of my friends do but I am sure some women do.

1, I don't have the time to shave every day.

2Shaving my inner thighs and bikini area leave painful bumps. There dontshow up unless I get sweaty.

3.When I do shave its all back the minute I get goose bumps ( usually right after I get out of the shower and the cold air hits.

Is there anything that will minimize  how much I have to shave ( Does the Jergins shave minimizing lotion work)

How can I avoid the heat rash/ razor bumps?

Thank you.

Rach.

poisongirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poisongirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2005 at 10:27am
Wow, those are the same problems I have,sure hope someone has an answer
linz_legrand View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linz_legrand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 2:57pm
Hi!
I'm not sure if this will work for you, but they work for me so give them a try!

1.  I don't have time to shave everyday either.  If I know that I'm coming up on a busy week, I use Nair (use the sensitive skin kind -- the other stuff is pretty rough on my skin...I think it's called Cucumber or something but it's less harsh that the others) or Veet on Sunday and I usually don't have to shave again until Thursday.  If you REALLY hate shaving, you might want to try Veet Comfort Waxing -- it claims to last up to 4 weeks!

2.  If you use Nair or Veet or a similar product, it shouldn't make the shaving bumps appear, or at least nothing like that happened to me.  As for your bikini area, i suggest waxing instead of shaving.  I just think the results are better and much longer-lasting.  But if you do shave, be sure to use a lot of shaving cream/gel and not to over shave as it can create irritation hence the bumps.

3.  I haven't personally tried this yet, but one of my freinds recently got a Venus Vibrance and she says it's the BEST razor she's EVER used!  She uses the Satin Care shave gel with it and said that her shave lasts longer because it raises the hairs and cuts them shorter.  If you're not into the whole vibrating thing, I've been using a Gillet Mach 4 for Women (I think that's what it's called -- not sure though) and it works really well too.

4.  I had a freind who tried the Jergens Shave Minimizing Lotion when it came out and she said it worked but the only downside was that your legs always have to moisturized and the "sticky" feeling gets old after a while -- especially in humid weather.

Hope this helps you!
- Linz

Edited by linz_legrand
rtucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2005 at 3:38pm

Thank you. The hair on my legs is really thick and dark.  as far as waxing... I will stick to shaving the bikini area.I don't get goose bumps there and rarely get razer bumps but I would still rather handle those than waxing the most sensitive skin I have.

Racheal

lizzydeth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lizzydeth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 9:34pm

I get horrible bumps on my bikini line and thighs when I shave so I use veet hair removal cream once a week.  Its great! No nicks, pain or ugly bumps.

And in between I lvery lightly exfoliate the skin about 3 days after removal to stop ingrown hairs.

maybe if you are only getting bumps when you sweat its more of a heat rash thing.  Are you wearing breathable underwear such as cotton?

xBeckahx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBeckahx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2005 at 1:59am

Heres a tip for the bumps on your bikini line that my cousin (who's an exotic dancer) told me.

1. Always exfoliate before you shave. (Make sure you lather on alot of soap or shaving cream too)
2. Use a really sharp razor and shave with the grain first off.
3. Only once or twice shave against the grain to get rid of the hair.
4. When you get out of the shower, pat the area dry gently. 

Now for the intersting part, using a roll on deodorant (preferally the cream stick kind. ((I use Rexona Confidence)) ) very lightly run it over the shaved area, I don't know why but it stops the bumps and red dots BUT if it starts to burn or hurt wash it off.

You don't really need to shave your bikini line everyday, that might be why its getting so irritated. Oh and lightly sprinkle it with baby powder too, I find that works against bumps and redness too.

Hope this helps.

Pharmdarling24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pharmdarling24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 6:54pm

All I am going to say is get it waxed!

trust me waxing is awsome, not only does it damage the folicle so less hair grows back but it also makes the actual hair grow in thinner. It lasts the longest of all hair removal options ( not including laser treatments or electrolysis). also you can pay a professional to do it all for you and there are creams and solutions to help delay regrowth.

P.S It really dosent hurt that bad. take it from someone who knows!

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2005 at 3:07pm

I agree with waxing, HOWEVER yes it does hurt (I think pretty bad the first couple times) after that you can't even feel it.

BUT for razor bumps or ingrown hair(waxin) the best product EVER is Tend skin They even have some before and after pics on the web site and it is the only thing that really works for men (beards) especially african american skin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic