Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

erase my topic???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: erase my topic???
    Posted: May 30 2005 at 3:54pm
I had a topic on here that was 20 ways grow out long beautiful hair....did it get deleted ? because it's no longer here...
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 4:32pm
maybe its just the board messing up.i know there was a topic posted on the hair extension board recently.And it seemed to disappear into thin air.One minute it was there and then the next... .If anyone posted anything trying to advertise or inappropriate its usually just edited and locked.So Like I said its probably just the board.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 30 2005 at 5:37pm
It was a copyright issue. You should have made a link to the page you wanted people to read instead of copying and pasting it.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 8:09pm
Thats rediculous....I did post the site.... I said all information came from:   then copy and pasted the exact page it came from.  As if I would try to steal someone elses hard work?  Come on now...if they read my whole post they would clearly see I posted the link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 9:07pm
It's not enough to post a link after you copy and paste a large amount from a site. You should only post quotations, then the link should allow people to go to the site that hosts the article and read it there.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 8:51am

Hey everyone,

I don't know a thing about this... I never saw the referenced thread (and so wasn't involved in its disappearance).

On the celebrities board, I encourage people to post links to photos for several reasons.  In general (new statement here), it is appropriate to provide links to online content posted here or anywhere else on the www.  Simply highlight the words for which you want to create a link and click on the "Add Hyperlink" icon above the message input text box.

AmberJune, would you be willing to post the link to the article?  It sounds very interesting.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:00pm

Hi Dave...you are a sweety...I love reading all posts from you...

That being said.... Dave...the thing is I DID put the link right under everything I had copied and pasted and made the statement... "All information is from this site"  With the exact link as to where it was!  Oh well!!

Unfortunately, I can no longer find the page which is the reason it makes me sad that the topic got erased!

Love, Amber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:15pm
This is the page.

chgurlsng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chgurlsng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 3:28pm

eKatherine,

You make me laugh!  You are so blunt and honest.  Thanks for recovering that link.  I went there yesterday and didn't even think about it being the one on here. :( Oh well.

-Char

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 9:17pm

Just erase this topic its stupid and its going to make me mad... because for the millionth time...I had the link posted.... 

Thanks...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2005 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

Just erase this topic its stupid and its going to make me mad... because for the millionth time...I had the link posted.... 

Thanks...

Nobody's denying that you posted the link. Copyright infringement is when you copy someone else's content, whether or not you put in their link.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 12:18pm

Hi AmberJune,

Please don't be discouraged.  I know your intent was only to help everyone here -- and I appreciate that.  However, we do need to be mindful of others' copyrights, and endeavor to do as much as possible to avoid infringing them.  Merely posting the link to the page allows everyone to read the article, and we can comment on it here as much as we all like.  

It was a very interesting article.  Although I don't agree exactly with every one of its tenets (most specifically, 1 & 2), it is informative nonetheless.  Thanks for posting the link.

Karevision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karevision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 9:23am
Wow, I want long hair but will not cut off all my hair now since it's coloured and will probably coulor the growth later.

I guess though, it depends on how long I want it. True?

Waist length is too long for me and with my thick hair it would take forever to dry.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 4:06pm
After your hair reaches BSL, it takes the same amount of time to air-dry regardless of how long it is.

chgurlsng View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chgurlsng Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 11:37am

For real?  Oooh that's coolie!

-Char

Karevision View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karevision Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 3:53am
Yeah, didn't know that. Cool.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 7:04am
Yeah, how long it takes to heat-dry your hair depends on how long it is, so heat-drying waist-length hair takes about 4x as long as shoulder-length.

Plus, heat-drying is bad for your hair anyway. It's better to arrange your wash for a time you can let your hair dry naturally.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic