Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

3 day old track just fell out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3 day old track just fell out
    Posted: May 31 2005 at 9:44pm
I got my sewn in hair extensions on Saturday and I just washed it for the first time only to find an entire braid and track had fallen out.  Will the Stylist charge me to fix this?  All I did was wash it very carefully and then seperate the tracks so I could dry the braids, that's when I realized a whole braid was gone, I have the track bobby pinned to the track above it.
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 9:58pm
Was the weft sewn in or glued in? And yes, your stylist should most definitely fix it for free! Sewn in wefts should be secure until you take them out.
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 10:02pm
Sewn in.....  I am not a happy camper right now...it is a braid on the side of my head, will she have to take them all out to fix it?
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 10:38pm
I am so sorry that this happened to you Daisy, as Syren said your stylist should redo it for free. Braids should never fall out after one washing especially so soon. Good luck sweetie and keep us updated.
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:29pm

At the risk of sounding cheap...lol.  Is there any chance that I could get infusion extensions for like, say 300 dollars?  I have no idea what they should cost, but the last woman I talked to wanted 1000.00.  That seemed unreal....

Chris H. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:35pm
Daiseyjen, that is rediculous!!!! Now way! 1,ooo.oo ia wayyyyyyyy toooo much! For what? Fusion? Wow. Why so much? Did she say?
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 31 2005 at 11:56pm
I really didn't ask...I figured if she wanted that much she just wanted that much...lol.  What about the Linkies/Microrings.  Is that as easy as it looks?  It looks like something I could do to myself or at least I could do it for my friends and them to me.  What is this supposed to cost?  I want something that will stay in my hair, but will not damage it when it is removed.  I would love it if there was a way to put them in that you couldn't ever see and never needed to remove...(dreaming)!  I can spend about 300 bucks...I'm in Shreveport, LA any takers?...lol
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 12:58am
some stylist dont like to use synthetic hair.. It sounds like she didnt use any in the braid that she made..
Kris
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 2:36am
Yep, fusion costs $1,000ish, usually. If you think of getting it, do a search on "fusion" here on the board- there's a wide variety of opinions on it.

As for the other methods- we're mostly DIY here, so yep, anything you see us do, you can do! Just do a forum search for the name of the method, and you'll surely find many people talking about their experiences with it, how long it took, etc.

-Rae

Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 4:29am
Fusion might not be the best bet if you've got fine hair (which it looks like you do). I find that pinchbraids are even more secure than fusion, and you should be able to get a better price on them than fusion (they're also a lot less damaging). I also think heat-seals are quite secure. For DIY, extendtubes and shrinkies are your best bets, imo, and the cost savings is considerable.

Just for curiosity, did your stylist incorporate some synthetic hair into the tracks to help create a good "anchor"? I don't wear tracks, but I've heard that this is critical when securing them to thin, fine hair.

:)

Edited by Jenny_RR
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 9:59am
Well She did use the thread to secure the braids, but obviosly not enough.  I am in the market for another method now.  Now that I have had long hair for a few days I am hooked.  My own hair would never look like this even if it was long enough, it is to thin.  I wish one of you lived close by.
Kris408 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kris408 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 8:00pm

it would of been ok if she wouldve used some syth.. to braid in the corn row

Kris
Daisyjen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisyjen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 9:14pm
I went today and got them to totally redo it.  This time the stylist (a differant one) put my braids in from side to side instead of down the back of my head...She did them after she washed my hair so it was wet, then when all the braids were done I sat under the dryer for about 15 min just to get them good and dry.  Funny how the 10 (count them) Yes, 10 tracks of hair turned into more like 6.  10 tracks, no wonder it was so heavy and thick.  It looks the same, my husband said it looked better but what does he know...lol.
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2005 at 10:12pm
Great i am glad that you are now a satisfied customer. Umm next time you may want to have them add a little real or either synthetic hair to your own when they braid it and that should drastically reduce the likelihood of a braid falling out again. And fusions or strand by strand extensions do run between $800-$1000 where i live as well, btw they look like your own hair and last 6 months i believe. I have only seen it done once and it was on a girl with blond, fine textured shoulder length hair and she left with bra-strap hair and you could not tell that it was not her own but it did take about 8 hours to get her hair like that.

Edited by carameldiva
Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 2:01am
What the- vertical tracks? That's, enh, not bad, but not really optimal if you wear your hair down most of the time. Horizontal, like you havethem now, will lay better.

And I agree with Jenny- fine hair is far more likely to be damaged by fusion than thicker hair. Personally, I wouldn't risk it, especially when there are other methods out there that cause little or no damage.

-Rae
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic