Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK Hair Products **PICS**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RK Hair Products **PICS**
    Posted: June 02 2005 at 5:49pm
I don't want to call this a review, per se, cuz I haven't worn it (that's when we know how REALLY good it is). This is more of a "got the hair, here's what it looks & feels like" kinda post.

This hair is from http://rkhairproducts.com/ in India. It is the sister company of http://indianhairs.com/onlinestores.html, also from India.

I ordered the hair on May 29 so it got here in 4 days which is totally awesome.

I paid approx. $160USD for 1 lb (16 oz) & shipping was $40 (total out the door price of $200). I discovered in checkout that shipping was $40 for 4 oz and stayed $40 up to 1 lb. Maybe it's a flat shipping fee? I'm not sure.

I weighed the hair using a digital scale and the total was 1.03 lbs so I got what I paid for.

This is India hair, straight, double drawn in 26" length on a weft and was ordered in colors #14 & #22.

They do all the coloring themselves so I don't have to screw it up. #14 is what they call Dark Golden Blonde. It's more like a light golden blonde. They consider #22 to be "light ash brown" but there is nothing ash or brown about it. It is very blonde and close to #613, imo. Both colors have absolutely no ash quality and are very shiny in the sun with golden strands. No red and no brass tones at all. The ends caught a little more color and are somewhat dry. I will only have to trim about 1", though.

I found nits in the hair. I could only see them outside in very bright light. Very very few (I found 2 in one weft just on a quick look through) but something I will need to go through very well outside in good light and make sure they get removed. They're toast because of the processing but that's the drawback with this stuff.

The hair feels very good, actually. It's really soft and not crunchy when rubbed between the fingers. As far as I can tell, it's not hidden in a coating of anything. It seems completely natural. It by far feels better than hairpiece.com 901 in the same length. They're not even in the same league. And I think it feels better than the His & Her remy cuticle that I went through at their store that they sell for $300 per 4 oz. How this wears is another story but I would definitely put this on my head.

Has a very neutral to pleasant smell; neither chemical or perfume but something nice is lingering. It must be leftover shampoo and conditioner aroma.

Here's the pics.

It arrived in a box and each one is individally packaged in 4 oz bundles

Appears to be a nice strong machine weft. Straight, even threading. It does have shorty hairs folded over.

Full 26" length

Proof of double drawn. When the hair is bended at any length, there is no short hairs showing.

True color outside in sunlight

Just on looks, price, shipping, length, I would purchase this hair again over Extensions-Plus. This weight at EP would be over $800 + tax and shipping.

Any questions, fire away...

Edited by amm
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 6:10pm
It looks *really* nice, AMM. And the price is amazing. I can't think of any decent HH that's that inexpensive. I'll be curious to hear how it wears. :)
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 6:22pm
Wow,

Can you tell on the website the difference between the cuticle free and the remy.  it seems like it all leads to the same page for purchasing online....

Did you have to pay for the colouring?  It seemed like you would have to but again not the clearest website ever made...

can't wait to hear how it wears!
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 7:17pm
Wow Amm the hair looks very pretty and the prices are AMAZING. And 4 days shipping is great. I hope this hair holds up to the test. I may have to try that website out. I remember ages ago that that website was mentioned in a thread but nobody had ever tried it. I cant believe the prices....wow!
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 7:54pm

Hey amm, glad you finally decided to try them.

The shipping is just 40 bucks... I ordered 3 pounds from the indianhairs site and it was 40 bucks for shipping...

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 8:04pm
AP - Cool. Did you just order or did you already get it? Have photos?

So, large orders, wefting, and coloring doesn't seem to add to the cost at all, does it? They have a button that says "coloring for $15 USD" but there was no extra charge on checkout. I didn't have to pay extra for the blonde colors at all.

Do they have a color ring, I wonder?

Does anyone know what the real difference is between the two sites? I don't have time to delve but it doesn't look like the two sites carry different products on a quick scan.

OH! They have pretipped stick hair for rings, shrinkies, fusion bonds --whatever your poison--, too. Now that's handy!

Edited by amm
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 9:13pm
It's beautiful! And the price is totally right! Did you get it for yourself or do you have another victim waiting?
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 9:41pm

Wow...I really hope this hair turns out to be quaulity! Those prices are amazing...the way it should be for HH.

I have an install on Thurs....I'm half tempted to order the prebonds. I'm a little nervous of the unknown, though! I'll probably stick with EP this go around.

AmethystKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmethystKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2005 at 10:20pm
nits??????
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Syren123 Syren123 wrote:

Did you get it for yourself or do you have another victim waiting?

Two victims. One of whom just had the PH install I showed you guys. She doesn't like it. Someone told her it looked like a fall and she's never recovered from that. She wants human hair and fusion put back in so I have some more Cinderella ordered and this will be used as a bottom layer for added length.

Originally posted by AmethystKat AmethystKat wrote:

nits??????

Ayup. It's exactly what I expected coming from India. It's human hair so expectations have to be realistic. In a perfect world, a golden blonde would be pushing silk strands out her head like a pasta machine on crack. But for now, it's China and India that has the hh goods. Even EP Softwear comes out of China.

Here's some updated photos for those interested. I washed the hair and lo and behold, there's a wave hiding in there. I ordered the straight but this is Indian hair so I expected a little character from it as well.

Loma Peratin Hydrating Creme shampoo was squeezed through and Feria was left on for 10 minutes and squeezed out. It's pretty darn soft. The above photo is while the hair is still wet.

I put the blow dryer to it and POOF! It definitely needs to be tamed. Lots and lots of body in this stuff and the ends kind of looked like a broom. It was HUGE and poofy. I didn't like it one bit. Some product would be needed to keep that under control.

I trimmed an inch off the bottom to get rid of the dry ends.

The top section I used a curling iron and let the curl cool off the iron. The middle curl is letting it fall and gently combed through. The straight is with a flat iron. The braid is just to keep it out of the way.

Edited by amm
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 2:36am
the wet wave is beautiful
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 4:14am
That's a brill review Amm, lovely hair hope it works out xx
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2005 at 8:11am
amm thanx for giving everybody the info! i am going to order 300 22in pre tipped strands today from the same site. wish me luck! i'll post pics of the hair and my mom's before and after when we do it.
and god said let there be hair extensions.
cafeaulaibeauty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cafeaulaibeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:37pm

hello ladies!

Im new to this board but have been a member of BHM and an extensions wearer for many years. I noticed this thread on RK Products hair and thought that I would lend my opinion.

I ordered 20" Natural Straight black hair from RK Products and received the hair in 3 days. Upon receipt of the hair, the hair was soft, the texture simply beautiful.  Surprisingly there was not one nit in the hair. In addition, the hair has a very light pleasant clean smell.

Now, what everyone should be aware of is that despite the fact that the hair reads Natural Straight, the hair was far from it. Prior to me washing the hair, it has quite a few waves in it. I was expecting it to be quite a bit more straight than what it was. To give you an idea of how wavy the hair was, it was enough waves for me to flat iron the hair prior to my stylist putting it in. Not deep waves, but pretty soft waves.

After I washed the hair, however, it became CURLY. Not slightly curly, not a little curly, extremely CURLY. I washed the hair with biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo and the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Baln for the conditioner. I then rinsed, and used Sebastian Potion #9 on the hair. Finally, I put Paul Mitchell Foaming Pommade on the hair and allowed it to air dry.

At first I was taken aback by all the curls when I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror. But, as I combed and mositurized the hair it was simply beautiful. i am extremely pleased with my purchase overall. And, for the absolutely GREAT PRICE of RK Products, you simply cannot beat the value. Never again will I spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on Nature Girl or EP when I can get quality beautiful hair for literally half the price!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 1:47pm
Good to hear cafe.

I jusr double checked the RK site since everyone has a different naming scheme for hair.

what they are offering now (from what I can tell) is 'straight' or 'weavy'

do you remember when you ordered what the classifications were?

'natural straight' makes my head imediately think of body wave.  but then again depending on what the options are listed as...

how did the curliness compare to amm's pics?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cafeaulaibeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 2:02pm

I ordered 20" Natural Straight machine wefted. I wanted 16" but from what everyone indicated, I would have to cut a few inches off. Not true for my batch of hair. The ends were not frayed at all. Do you remember the cover of Elle with the picture of Alicia keys on it? Take a look at the ends of her hair. That is EXACTLY how my hair looked prior to me washing it. The classifications were the same. On the RK website there is an option for Natural Straight or Weavy. There is no way I (just a personal preference) would do the weavy/wavy just because I love the straighter hair. Compared to Amm's pics, my hair when shampooed and conditioned looked very similar. But when it was completely dry and i pulled the hair apart with my fingers, the hair was extremely extremly curly. HTH

Also, let me add that Ive had the hair in now for 2 weeks going on 3 weeks now. The hair has not tangled and the texture of it is a soft as ever. Shedding has not been an issue either.

Edited by cafeaulaibeauty
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 2:08pm
Welcome cafe!

Nice to hear someone else chime in with a good experience. Makes me feel like it wasn't just a fluke that I got some awesome hair.

I purchased four 4 oz bundles of "straight" and each one has the same texture. I only washed the one and the photo is above. The other 3 I haven't touched but I feel they probably have the same wave hiding in there. I would never order a wave or curly hair based on how much wave is in the straight.

My human hair opinions sway based on what I find (and that's always changing) but I, too, am more impressed with RK's hair and price over Extensions-Plus.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 3:32pm
wow Thats really nice to know.Those prices are great.Thats why I like this board so much.If you arent sure about something chances are someone else has already tried it.I have been waiting for a review on this hair awhile.  when Are you going to put yours in amm?

Edited by Longhairdreams
LuckieDuckies View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LuckieDuckies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 5:40pm
i have a question, what is color #24 supposed to be? i understand in this certain company the colors are a little off but does anyone know what its called normally? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cafeaulaibeauty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 05 2005 at 7:13pm

Originally posted by amm amm wrote:

Do they have a color ring, I wonder?

Does anyone know what the real difference is between the two sites? I don't have time to delve but it doesn't look like the two sites carry different products on a quick scan.

Amm, I do remember one of the ladies on BHM saying that they had a color ring. If memory serves me correctly, she said one was available upon request....but dont quote me on that! I cant remember for sure but hey it wont hurt to ask! ive found their customer service to be superb.

The main difference between Indianhairs.com and Rk Products is the quantity and the coloring of the product. Indianhairs.com only offers hair by the pound. You have the option of both single or double drawn, straight/curly/etc.. all in natural dark colors, i.e. brown to black~and hand wefted or machine wefted.

RK Products offers the hair in the quantity of half a pound and you have the option to choose your specific color. With RK Products, you also have the benefit of choosing Natural Straight/wavy, etc, double or single drawn, and hand wefted or machine wefted.

I have yet to order any hair from the indianhairs.com side simply because Im too lazy to color the hair myself..lol..but quite a few ladies on BHM ordered hair from them and had rave reviews on it. Im very much in love with RK Products and at this point, I do NOT plan on changing anytime soon!

Edited by cafeaulaibeauty
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic