Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK Hair Products **PICS**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:30pm

Originally posted by sherrie215 sherrie215 wrote:

ohhh??? Amm are you going to be offering the RK hair for sale?

Yeah I thought I read(between the lines) that too! Wouldn't that be grand! One stop shopping! Hair, supplies, and soaps!

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2005 at 10:38pm
I certainly have a stockpile of it, it seems. I have stuff from the far corners of the world --really wearable stuff, too-- and I enjoy acquiring more and more. Does that make it a problem?

I still have the EP hair. The girl who bought the Softwear on the weft decided to use fusion so I have that, too. I probably won't use it now.

Still waiting for the big order of RK. I can definitely part with it at 4 oz each for anyone who wants to try it and not commit to 8 oz and that shipping charge. I'll advise when it's in.

Edited by amm
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 5:47am
put me on the list amm....I most definitely want to try some!
LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 12:29pm
I would like to try some of the pre-tipped!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 2:05pm
Jeez, even with the $40 shipping, that means that 18" double-drawn weft is $100 total, so $50 per bag. If this stuff wears as well as Bohyme, I could switch over and save my customers a bundle!

-Rae

Edit: Oh, and Amm, if it's not too much trouble, can I see a photo of that post-wash poofy texture?

Edited by zapevaj
blondie718 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 2:44pm
I cant wait to see the color ring haha i hope their 613 is also
very good , unlike many other places that have a 613 that
breaks and gets stringey AHHHHH
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 12:13am

i just ordered the other day the 613 weft double drawn, i will be installing it in the weft in my hair, soon as i get it i will take pics and then document for you as well.

S

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 5:38am
Tangles, can't wait to see it. I'd love to see more photos of this hair. I just spent some time over in the Black Hair Forum and I'm seeing a lot of nice reviews. *Not seeing good Extensions-Plus reviews at all on the Softwear...and underweight just like I reported on my weft. :(

Rae, I'll get some more photos for you. I've washed it a couple times now (takes FOREVER to naturally dry because it's so thick) and put it in velvet rollers the other day. I've never seen 4 oz make so much hair before.

I'm doing these super long shifts through Monday morning so it may not be right away but I can definitely take some more pics. I'll take another series starting with naturally dried and take it from there. Unless there's something special you want to see?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 1:32pm
Hey amm, if you are going to sell like a single pack 4oz, i was
wondering if it would be possible for me to get a 26inch #613
and a 22inch ? or would that be too complicated for you to get?
The hair looks really yummy haha even when its wet and
wavey , hope it holds up really good . Oh and TanglesRC how
is their 613? is it more on the golden side or ashy cool platinum
?
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 7:11pm
I have a shipment of hair in that I'll unload but I'm not going to do request orders. I can write a chapter here on the problems I'd incur on my end. Plus, what if order and someone bugs out on me and I'm stuck with hair I can't use. What if I take all your money, something happens and the hair doesn't get here and then I have to duck away in shame with a swtcandy rep. Nooooooooooo thank you.

Here's what I have now:

24" straight double drawn (cut 2" off to get the ends really nice), colors are #8, #27, #14, #22. When wet, it's wavy like the photo in this thread. I weighed them and they're 4.0 oz each, one was 3.6. Price is $55 each and that includes shipping in the U.S. Third color from the right is #14 and is more peach toned than golden. Good for blending but I wouldn't wear it alone.

EDIT: THE BLONDE ON THE FAR RIGHT IS ALL SOLD NOW.

EDIT: THE BROWN ON THE FAR LEFT IS ALL SOLD NOW.

EDIT: #27 ALL SOLD NOW

Edited by amm
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 7:34pm
hey you haven't happened to buy a coloring that you xould show us a pic of have you?

I know you aren't taking orders but I'm just thinking about possibilities for me buying hair for myself.
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:12pm

Darn!  I wished I had known about this 2 weeks ago. 

I spent close to $150 including next day air for Extensions Plus software micro weft 2 oz. and the client hates it.  The client is going back to Bohyme {oh well- after I tried convincing her that EP hair tops Bohyme since that's what most the posts say}.  Shipping as promised did not arrive on delivery date and I paid for that next day air too. 

And with the Nature Girl folks, I'm still waiting for my samples that I sent $15 via PayPal like over a month ago.  They even forgot all about me.

Thanks girls, I will try that new company.  It's not so much on the hair but more on the hair company providing excellent customer service.  So you say, they are reliable, huh?  I hate to look stupid in front of a paying customer.

-Charlene

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:24pm
I may take the #8 and #27- need to check with my brunette HH client first. Will let you know.

As for photos- mostly just a washed-and-air-dried shot, when you get the time. Possibly also a washed-then-blowdried shot too, if you happen to be playing around with it.

-Rae
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by CyberMane CyberMane wrote:

So you say, they are reliable, huh?  I hate to look stupid in front of a paying customer.

I just got my biggie order today. I like the hair but I have two issues.

#1 - The #14 hair is a shade different than the #14 I got on the last order.

#2 - I ordered 8 oz of 28" length because I wanted to trim a few inches and have a good, solid 26". I received the hair in 24" length even though they charged me for the longer one.

The hair feels marvelous, though. It's "cleaner" than the last order and I can tell that delicious wave is going to be there when the hair is washed.

Like anything, though, it may not be for everyone but the price is shweeeeeeet.

The #8 is really pretty but the color grabbed on the ends and is a little ashy. It's a good install for 20-22", though.

Mocha, I'll be ordering the color ring the next time around. Considering the differences in my two orders of #14, I think that ring may be more of a guide and not a for sure thing.

Edited by amm
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 1:18am

Oh definitely, I totally agree 1 POUND of hair for $160 bucks is shweeeeeeet.  Especially for clients who don't want to spend too much money.  No problem, I can dye the 'wrong' color and order longer lengths so I can save my ass.

Thanks for the update, Amm.

CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 2:09pm
Now I am totally pissed off with the Extensions Plus company.
They promised me shipment Friday {yesterday}- checked with
my neighbor and they did not send the hair- This is now the
second time. I hate reps who promise a certain date when I
am expected to tell my clients that the hair will arrive on that
promised date.

At least the Bohyme reps are more reliable and dependable-
and they don't even speak good english.
I learned my lesson

Edited by CyberMane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blondie718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 3:16pm
Hey amm do you know if you are ever going to get another
order of the blonde color that is sold out now? if so i would be
intrested in purchasing a 4oz thanks !!!!!
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 7:14pm
#22? Sure. I love that color. Both times I've ordered from them, it's so close to #613 that it may as well be #613. I was thinking about ordering some more next week along with that color ring.

I need to call them about that length they shorted me on. How does a person call India without getting charged through the nose? Isn't there a code or something to use beforehand?

Tangles, how is that #613? Is it all dry and crumbly on the ends? Is it a nice, even coloring that they did?
Save~A~Stray View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Save~A~Stray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2005 at 9:03pm
The code I use for all my international calls is 1016868 before
every call. It saves me a bundle!! I call Britain 3-4 times a week,
which I couldn't do without using this code.

I've heard good things about the RK Indian hair. Love to know
how it holds up over time.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 7:17am
Thank you! I will use that on Monday and give them a call.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic