Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RK Hair Products **PICS**

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Koffee Brown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Koffee Brown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2005 at 10:54pm
I don't know how long actual transit time to UK is, but apparently RK ships out pretty quick. I ordered combined from Indianhairs.com and RK on 6-29 around 7:34 pm and I got shipment email on 7-1 around 6:18pm saying it had been shipped and I could track at UPS w/in 2 days -- I remember that it takes a while for tracking to show up for some reason. I expect it to arrive by Thursday at latest, but I'm in the US
K-B
marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2005 at 8:25am
AMM have you been geting the single drawn remy or the non remy double drawn? Has any one gotten the single drawn and dose it tangle (cutile on and all)?
kateadreena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 6:15am
thanks koffee, hopefully it'll be here by friday! My brother is getting married on saturday and id like long hair for the wedding!
I won't have time to pretip but i can always gluie the weft in :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 9:41am
yay my order status is shipped :D
Kikic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kikic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 10:20am
Does anyone know the width length of the RK weft hair (per pack)?
Thanks!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2005 at 12:01pm
hmm, tangles said she took 12'' of one weft and there was 3/4 left, so i'm guessing its a standard 2 foot weft :)

To anyone - will i be able to do my hair with 1 pack, or will i need two? I want a natural long look :)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 4:01pm
You mean 4 foot, right Kate? :) Yeah, that sounds about standard to me too.

What length are you using, Kate? Because the bundles are by weight of course, so the more length the hair has, the less strands there are. I think for 24" and up you'll want two packages, but for 20" and under, maybe even 22", you could get away with one.

-Rae

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kateadreena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2005 at 4:03pm

yes thats what i meant!! 

i've ordered24 inch double drawn, im thinking as its really thick i could get away with just gluing the one in to start just for the day, without it looking too 'fake' and then order microrings to put it in properly when i have some money :)

Alexia81189 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 4:15pm

hey amm

I need 2 ask your opinion. What is the number of the rk hair color that is closest to what you consider to be a dark golden blonde? from the pictures it looked like #27 was but on the website it says it is a strawberry blonde, so Im not sure. Also, what was the color of the 2 pictures of the post wash and wide-tooth combing, and post wash and curled? lol, sorry if this is confusing, thanx

Edited by Alexia81189
metalgirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote metalgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 4:48pm

Does anyone know the difference between the wavy hair types:

*super

*deep

*body

*janet

So, are most of you ordering the double drawn hair, and did we decide that it is in fact remy hair?

marie87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marie87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 4:57pm
If it is then I would like to know what hair on that site is the cuticle free?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2005 at 6:58pm

..........^^..................^^............................ ...^^...........^^....

I found this pic off LHD's post about her RK order. I see the 27 and I know they call it strawberry blonde. I know you have seen this color and does it have any red tones in it? also the 12 and I think the 16 are dark blondes but I cant tell from the pic. Please please please give me your opinion on what is the closest to a dark golden blond. I would really apprecciate it. If you need any more info on what I am looking 4 I just want a dark blonde without any red tones or a peachy look, and whichever one has more golden (not brassy) tones that would be the best. lol, I tried pointing at the ones that look like dark blondes sorry if it is confusing. the arrows are pointing the the ends of the ones I was looking at. aahhh semicolons inbetween the arrows. ok, hopefully that worked this time.

sorry if this is asking 2 much, I just want to be positive on the color I should be ordering. Thanx soo much 4 any help =) 

Edited by Alexia81189
Izabella120578 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Izabella120578 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 7:06am

Double Drawn hair = non remy!

I don't know how far the cuticle of all hair has been removed... I think the darker colors is the healthier hair... My remy single drawn blonde tangles a little bit, I hope my client knows how to care...

cherrycoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cherrycoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 11:55am

Metalgirl,

I've purchased the deep and super.  The more I play with it the more unhappy I am with it.  Both shed like crazy and both are really limp and uncurly after you wash it.  I'm actually going to stick them on ebay as soon as I get around to it.  They both have a kinda of washed french refined wave except the super seems to have a more natural wave and is more bushy textured.  The deep wave does have a bit more deeper wave but its not the bouncy wave.  It's very slick and shiny hair, not textured looking at all.

I got the double drawn because someone recommended it here. Both seem to tangle a bit at the bottom when wet.  I am not sure if trimming would help or not.

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 1:22pm
I've bought the bodywave in black. It had to be washed before I used it, 'cause it had some sort of setting cream on it- you know how curly hair sometimes feels like it's got some product in it? So I washed it and it had the same texture and felt normal again. It seems to stay in pretty well, too- most HH I've seen drops its curl really quick, but it retained a fair amount of wave. It wasn't a normal bodywave, either- more like a french refined with a larger-sized wave.

-Rae
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 1:48pm
I've gotten the straight, pre-curly and bodywave and they do have some subtle differences after washing. Not every batch is the same, though.   

RK STRAIGHT AIR DRY

RK STRAIGHT AIR DRY

RK BODYWAVE (TOP) & PRECURLY AIR DRY (BOTTOM)

I've had hair cuticle correct, cuticle stripped, single-drawn and double-drawn and I have found nothing better about single-drawn or cuticle correct hair. The best hair I've had so far has been labeled "cuticle stripped."

RK's curl has been anything but limp. All my hair curls like a dream and holds it all day. I work 12-hour shifts and the hair is as curly at the end of the day as it is at the beginning. The hair below is #14 RK Straight.

I have noticed the darker the hair, the better it is. Get below a #14 and the batches I've gotten have all been silkier and more shiny. The hair below is #27 and #12.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:16pm

Thanx amm,

I know I have probably been a pain about this but this helps alot! Thanx again 4 your opinion.

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:27pm
No problem at all.

I know everyone is always looking for the perfect hair and this can have its problems just like anything else out there.

I have some various blondes and dark blondes/golden browns in single (some washed but all unworn) packages so if anyone wants some without the bigger committment and having to pay the India shipping, just drop me a note.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alexia81189 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 2:34pm

oOoOoOo what numbers?

ooor

what do you think the best dark golden blonde is... Im flexible w/ the color, I just want it to be the best dark golden blonde, lol if that makes any sense =)

Life moves pretty fast. If you dont stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2005 at 3:05pm
"Best" is subjective. That's why I don't want to make recommendations. Basically it's just -- here's the info, if you want it, PM me.

Here's what I have, most of which are pictured in this thread if you look back I have stated their color and texture. Some I already have pretipped. Some I have more than one package of.

Natural Straight Unprocessed Black 20"

Natural Straight #12 28"
Natural Straight #27 28"
Natural Straight #22 26"
Natural Straight #12 26"
Natural Straight #14 24"

Precurly #12 24"
Bodywave #27 26"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic