Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 78>
Author
smarusin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smarusin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2005 at 10:17am

Hi

My name is Staci.  I have worn extensions continuously for 11 years due to very fine and thin hair.  I am in the process of moving to Orange County and am looking for a new method and new extensionist.  I really appreciate this board as the information is very informative.  I am a little nervous leaving my current extensionist and trying to find a new one; however, I have been having some problems in the last couple of years.  I have fusion, Monkey Barrz, and lately have been having tons of shedding.  I don't know if it is the hair, products or what.  I did not have this problem before.  My extensionist switched hair companies around the same time my problems started.  Anyway, I appreciate the board.  If anybody has any advise on extensionists or methods, please let me know.

Staci

Pixie Dra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pixie Dra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 12:53pm
Hi
I'm Pixie, and I live in London.  I have naturally straight (wish it wasn't..) purple hair at the moment.  I love dying it, but I'm afraid to bleach.  I'm about to put black streaks in underneath.  I also love wearing synthetic falls.  I buy some and make some from wool, foam, paper and other materials.
xxPixiexx

Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 6:44pm

Hey everyone,

This is my first time here so i haven't really looked at what this website is all about yet so i'm praying that it's help for me. I am African American, French, and Cree Native American, But for some reason I am the only one in my family who got stuck with this really thick course, nappy hair. Now once in my lifetime(when i was younger) i had long and curly hair, well tragic story, it fell out. Now it seems as if i can't get my hair to grow back and it's not even damaged. It's just really short.It's crazy because it don't even curl anymore. when it's wet it just kind of frizz up at the top, and in the back underneath it gets wavy. So i would love it if this website was a big help to me.

Signed,  

PLEASE HELP!        (Jzaeiy'llh)

God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
CatFanatik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatFanatik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2005 at 7:57pm

Hi. My name is Carol. I'm glad i found this site. 

I'm 42 and for the first time ever, I colored my hair (I've had it highlighted professionally before). 

Something came over me last weekend, I just got sick and tired of my greys and roots and now that I am making less money than I used to I thought I'd try Clairol Nice 'n Easy 106A.

I started out with either dark blonde or light brown hair (hard to tell after highlights, roots, etc), but with leftover highlights and lots of roots.

It turned out reddish, I should have done more research before doing it.  I left it on for the maximum time (40 minutes).  Silly me.    Also, it's a little thinner than it was.  My scalp did 'sting' slightly toward the end of the coloring (before rinsing).

Red wasn't something I desired!  Someone called it red, (very light red though), someone said it had orange but warm color, it's not shocking and I dont' HATE it, but I'm afraid with the summer it will get lighter/redder  and I certainly don't want that.

SO I'm looking through your forum, trying to learn as much as possible, before making my first formal inquiry.

I do see lots of references to products I can't even find on the web.  Clairol Hair Gloss - couldn't find it on the Clairol web site.  I am aiming to find something for my hair that isn't permanent ... that I can just apply weekly or even daily without harm to my hair, to hide the orange. From what I've red I'd need something violet based.

I also see a bunch of references to Sally's.  Who/where is that?  Again, looked on the web.  Can someone point me to a particular website for Sally's?   Is it sallybeauty.com? 

Thanks!!

Edited by CatFanatik
Mohair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mohair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 1:45pm

Hi Carol

That is the correct website. I would imagine you could find a location near you on there. They sell professional line hair products. You might want to get some more advice before going there to buy some more color, though.

Take care,

Eric

crewcutqt View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crewcutqt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2005 at 6:22pm

I joined yesterday and it took only a few posts before myself and my boyfriend (hairitgoes) was unceremonioulsy banned.  I don't know why??? 

*pouty lips*

Edited by DaveDecker

I am in my own little world, but it is ok...they know me here.
SRELL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2005 at 12:35pm

I am a newbie. I am a 25 year old african american. I read this site before on how to do the microring hair, which I tried and loved.  This site is great for showing you websites for all kinds of different styles to do to your hair.

I had a question for Pokahontas: What kind of hair products do you use for your hair? I have above the shoulder length hair and would like to grow it out, but I cannot seem to find the right kind of product for my hair.

Live everyday blessed
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 3:28pm
Greetings to all newcomers! 

Staci - good to hear you are finding these boards to be informative.

Pixie Dra - sounds like you have lots of fun experimenting with your hair. rock on

Jzaeiy'llh - have you been finding the board(s) with the answers to the questions you have?  There are several here which might be helpful.

Janis and Carol - have you found the Hair Color board?

Mohair - good to see you, Eric.

Srell - what kind of effect are you looking for the product to have on your hair?  Maybe you can find what you're looking for here.

Michelle and Penny - have you found the Hair Extensions board?

Hollykin - have you checked out the "hairstyles" link on the hairboutique.com home page?

I'd like to issue a hearty "Welcome!" to all newcomers.  I hope you enjoy visiting the site and participating in hair talk.

Jzaeiy_sweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jzaeiy_sweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 9:30pm
Thanks DaveDecker. yes, i'm finding the answers i need.
God Bless, and have a wonderful day.
MmeduKrue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MmeduKrue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2005 at 10:20pm
Hi everybody...I am a newbie and I am from germany so please excuse my funny english...  but I am willingly to learn...  I am in love with long hair and I discovered here how to become a DIY... In my my country most people don`t want  hand on informations about their craft. Okay, about my person?I studied musics and I am married, no children, two cats,and a noisy life...because of my job.But - main theme - I changing my (Hair)style about every six weeks and this board  was already a great inspiration.And it is yet... and please don`t hesitate to correct my writings. I am glad to found you all with your Know- how and sharing it with  other people. Greets Kristin
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2005 at 7:06am
Originally posted by SRELL SRELL wrote:

I am a newbie. I am a 25 year old african american. I read this site before on how to do the microring hair, which I tried and loved.  This site is great for showing you websites for all kinds of different styles to do to your hair.

I had a question for Pokahontas: What kind of hair products do you use for your hair? I have above the shoulder length hair and would like to grow it out, but I cannot seem to find the right kind of product for my hair.

Hello Srell,

I use soooo many products...LOL.  I am the biggest product junkie, but I'm trying to work on that.  The main products I use now are Dove shampoo and conditioner, Pantene relaxed and natural,  or Creme of Nature Shampoo and I do a deep conditioning treatment once a month with Lekair cholesterol plus.  For oils I use Doo gro growth oil, shea butter or olive oil.  For styling when I wear my hair natural I use a curl activator mixed with aloe vera gel.

Norman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Norman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 2:42am

Hello,

I'm Norm from the U.K. Some of you will know me from the various long hair boards and sites on the net. I'm 48, married with a young family. I've had a life long interest in the topic of long hair and like to contribute to its positive image worldwide whenever possible.

Thanks to dave for sorting out my registration problems. Hope to contribute messages in the near future.

Regards,

Norm

rosie52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosie52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 10:22am

Hello To All

My name is Rosie, and I am from Southern California, where at the moment, we are roasting from the heat.  I am a grandmother and loving every bit of it!!

I lucked up on this website, which I would have loved to found years ago, but it's relieving that you all are there for us!

Nice meeting everyone

Rosie52

Rosie52
SRELL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SRELL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 11:39am

Hello Srell,

I use soooo many products...LOL.  I am the biggest product junkie, but I'm trying to work on that.  The main products I use now are Dove shampoo and conditioner, Pantene relaxed and natural,  or Creme of Nature Shampoo and I do a deep conditioning treatment once a month with Lekair cholesterol plus.  For oils I use Doo gro growth oil, shea butter or olive oil.  For styling when I wear my hair natural I use a curl activator mixed with aloe vera gel.

Hello Pokahontas,

Yes, you do use quite a bit of products...LOL.

I usually use Pantene intensive moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, I have used the Lekair cholesterol conditioner as well. I wasn't using any type of oil treatment and my cousin (who has very long hair) told me that it is needed. But since the last time I wrote I have got my hair cut  it is right under my ears. Maybe this will be a fresh start for my hair , I had so many dead  ends I knew it had to go I just wanted the length dead hair or not.

Edited by SRELL
Live everyday blessed
aseya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aseya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2005 at 2:40pm
Hello everyone!
I've already made a couple of posts, but I thought I might as well introduce myself properly and hopefully make a few friends :)

I'm 21 years old and I currently live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. My mom's Japanese American from Southern California and my dad's a whole mix of things including Arab, Kenyan and Persian. So my hair is a little, well, confused :) Actually I'm lying. I love my hair.

I believe my hair is a 3a or a 3b. I have loads of it, but the individual strands are medium to fine in texture except for the odd really coarse hair that seems to pop up. It's just above my shoulders now and I'm hoping to grow it out for new years eve (yes I really do plan THAT far ahead:) )

Dubai is great except that I only get to go back to the states every couple of years. And it gets quite frustrating that we don't have a big selection of professional products. My mom's flying out for some seminars in a couple weeks and I've already started my shopping list for her MWAHAHAH.

Ok appologies for the long post:) It was great reading about you all!
Take care!

rubystarr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubystarr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2005 at 12:00pm

hi everyone!

My name is Ruby, im from texas. I am sooo glad i found this website!! My hair is bsl, grows fairly fast, but is damaged, dry right now. i have been trying hard to get it to be long, healthy and beautiful like i have always wanted. i have dyed it waaay too many times and i am severely regretting it now!!  it is naturally curly, which i usually HATE,  i want straight hair, but if i could just figure out how to style it curly, i think it would be ok. anyways, looking foward to gettin lots of great advice here!!

ruby

mrsjoolie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrsjoolie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 4:48pm

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I did post a query to the long hair support, but maybe someone on here would be able to help. I've been growing my hair for 2.5 years (went from the nape of my neck to my waist now). It's naturally red and tends to be dry and frizzy without product in it. My children are all redheads too and theirs gets the same way. We also notice that in the winter, our hair color is very dull. So, the million dollar question is...are there any opinions about the products that are geared specifically for redheads? We don't want to make our hair more dry and frizzy. Thanks so much!

Julie

sessa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sessa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2005 at 6:05pm
hello everyone!!! just found the sight and am liking it.  
justntyme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justntyme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 01 2005 at 1:25pm

Hey guys,

I'm so happy to be here! I will be contacting many members to get their expertise.

Sincerely,

Debra from North Carolina

Edited by justntyme
"Sexy Hair for You"
Porpoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Porpoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 02 2005 at 1:11pm

I just joined today. My real name is Valerie. I'm from Texas. I have thick, frizzy, naturally wavy hair. I used to straighten it but now I blow dry it with a diffuser and make it curlier!

DANGER! I drive like you do.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 78>
  Share Topic