Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

From dark brown to med brown hair only? Why?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 78>
Author
Deelorraine1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deelorraine1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 10:20am

My name is Dee , I am not your typical forum person , I can't type well I am 56 , but non the less want to keep up with the best products for my hair. I have 9 kids ! Four boys Five girls 19 to 35 years of age.

I have ethnic hair very thick and wavy.Just dicovered a product that lives up to it's claim.Biosilk Therapy , My hair turned out like SILK.

Also about to try new Products made of Organic ingredients hope they work as well as the biosilk...That's All Folks...

I don't really know how to use this so I hope this comes through. Thanks Dee...

Dee Haynes
romdeussen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote romdeussen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2005 at 4:19pm

Hello, everyone!  I'm a Middle Eastern dancer (I'm Rom--gypsy to most people--but not all of us have long dark wavy hair!! I'm almost an auburn and with the Asian influence, it's straight as can be), and am growing out my hair again.  I lost it several years ago to Chemo but now I'm growing it out again.  I usually wear extensions, and even yarn extensions, which I'd post here if I could figure out exactly how to post it :) 

I just moved to Utah and had a sealant put over my hair to keep it from breaking.  Does anyone know if one can buy these themselves or do I have to keep heading to the salon?

So glad to find all of you!

Rom Deussen

Rom Deussen Studios
Turkish, Roma, & Middle Eastern Dance; Double Veil and Sword
biggie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2005 at 12:32pm

Hi All!

just signed up.

found this forum while doing a search for "360 wave"

currently employed at 'luster products', since 2003

as product auditor.

i'm sure many of you are familiar with our product line.

www.lusterproducts.com

formerly employed at johnson products, they sold the company in 2002. i was employed there for 13 years.

hope i can add some meaningful comments to the variety of sections you have here.

i am also a moderator of www.dnforum.com, which is a domain name discussion board.

we have some new products coming out soon at Luster's

and we currently are doing 'model calls' for females ages 18 > 24

I'll seee if i can more info, if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Premium Domain Names
www.urlpick.com
rgar047 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgar047 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2005 at 11:33pm

Wow! A forum that's all dedicated to HAIR! Anyone who's anyone will really find something useful in the topics posted. Brilliant! I'm a newbie and Im very interested to learn more about hair care. I have dark-brown to black hair which have turned reddish since my mum used henna to colour it 4 months ago.

I also have a dandruff problem since I moved here in Wellington. I am hoping to learn more from the posts to get rid of the itchiness and the flaking and the hairbreaking that comes along as a consequence of my scratching.

That's about it. To the admin..you guys are a genius for creating this site.

Sunduster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunduster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 7:19pm

Does anyone know how to make a good holding hairspray?

Thanks ever so much!

Sunduster

silknsilver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silknsilver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2005 at 5:59pm

Another newbie.

Age 67, female, hair a mix of grey/white/silver and a tiny bit of light brown.

Past shoulder length, fine, straight. Healthy...no chemical damage...have used blow drying occasionally, but not often.

Have decided to let it grow as long as it will.  

Need to learn  proper hair care...I have always just shampooed and conditioned and that was it.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you all!!

Sharon  

juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2005 at 2:10am
Hullo! I'm a former lurker turned official member. I've been growing my hair for about two years and presently it's at waist length. I'm hoping to grow it to at least my tailbone, but we'll see how that goes. I'm a member of two other hair forums, but I thought I'd join this one as well. Oh, and I have "typical" Asian hair: straight and naturally black. Right now it's half bleached and half my natural color (I'm growing out a bleach job). Nice to meet you all! 
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2005 at 3:48pm

Hello everybody.

I'm Holly.  19 and living in Canada.  I'm a first year pharmacy student in University.

Obviously, I ended up here to talk about my hair.  I frequent a few other messageboards, but I don't think anyone there really knows what they're talking about.

So, this is the back of my head:

That was quite a few months ago, but I'd say my hair is about the same length and a bit more damaged.

I've been growing it out since I was about 16 and have come along way from the bowl cut at age 14.  Natural colour.  Love it.

Anyway, I'm going to go flit about now!

Edited by letmecount123
maye726 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maye726 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2005 at 5:24pm
Hello all, just found your website pretty nice to have other people feel the way I do about hair.  I have past my waist hair and I love it.  The problem I have is in the winter  my hair dries out any suggestions?  Tried hot oil treatments and they work but not for long.
fluffmitten View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fluffmitten Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2005 at 5:06pm

Hi, I'm new but have been reading for a few weeks. I love reading the celebrity stuff and about hair colouring and extensions - there are so many guys on here who really know their stuff and help everyone out!

I currently have short blonde hair - that's me in the avatar *points*

So, hi everyone

MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 10:44pm
Hi everyone, I'm a hair and beauty fanatic so I basically join any hair/beauty related forum that I come across and like. I'm a PJ, and I always look for something 'better', I'm currently working onn finding staples right across the board so that my PJism comes to an end.
Sk8RcH1cK1773 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sk8RcH1cK1773 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2005 at 4:28pm
Hi~ well im new here (duh! apparently huh? lol) anyways i am Asian-Skater-Prep-ish-chick who loves shopping and skateboarding and stuff~ anyways i really love trying new things out with my hair lol i've had some stories that is funny now but back then...Phew! im glad its over lol
"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world"

You Ryan Sheckler is WORLD to me <3~
alexsa21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alexsa21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2005 at 12:30pm

Hello everyone!!!

I just found this forom and I'm really excited and so I joined and here I am. My hair is a bit long and thick, curly-wavy mix with a million split ends, they don't even spilt in half its more like quadrouple splits in one single hair. Anyway, I'm thinking of permanetly going straight and coloring it dark and adding some funky colors.  I've had the same hairstyle for 6 years and i'm ready for a change

FrizzyChick77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrizzyChick77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2005 at 8:46am

Hi y'all

This is Barb from Boston. I just found your site and I look forward to getting to know you and getting some advice for super frizzy out of control curls (I've tried everything!)

DulcieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DulcieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2005 at 7:42am

Hi Guys

Firstly I would like to say a big HELLO to everyone. I am a new member here and this is my first post. I have done lots of reading on the boards here and have found some of your tips and techniques invaluable. I am looking for Ideas on the best methods of pre tipping hair at home. I have never tried pre tipping myself and would be really grateful for any ideas or even better....step by step instructions. I've searched the web but have been unable to find anything helpful on this subject. Anyway, I'l wait now and see if I get any replies. Until then, take care and chat to you soon.

Sakura View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sakura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 12:54pm
Hi everyone!  My name is Sakura and I'm new here and pretty new to the whole hair extensions world!  I find it so awesome and a chance to be creative!  Well, I'm hoping to find more and more information as I search the board.  I had my first "wack" at it last Sat.  I put pink extensions in my 'phony pony' and throughout my hair & bangs.  I thought it was pretty good for a first try!  

"To love and be loved, it is the greatest joy in the world." ^_^
rattyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 10:41am

Carolee,  have you consulted a dermatologist?  I was there for something else and mentioned my 2 thin spots and she gave me men's rogaine.  I did not stick with it since it is so runny and you have to use it 2 times a day and when you stop it all falls out again but it says it works better for male pattern baldness, not hairline baldness so I didn't bother.  but maybe a derm could help you.

rattyhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattyhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 10:28am
Hello, everyone!  Newbie here.  Looking forward to any advice!  My hair is fine, thin in the front, abundant in the back.  I have 2 really thin spots on both top sides and a cowlick on the one on the right.  the length is to the top of my bra, haven't had a hair cut in a year as I have never, ever found a hair stylist who showed the least bit of interest in helping me create a style.  they all seem so ho-hum and are just trying to get me out of their chair to go on to the next person.  I cannot blow dry my hair, it turns to straw.  I color it, which I also hate, but that is a different story.  so it is straggly.  guess I need layers ?? I am terrified to get it cut, but I can't take it.  Oh, as I am "mature" my chin is starting to slack so short hair emphasizes it.  fun........     
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 31 2005 at 6:53am
Hi everyone...yep I have probably got one of the worst hair cases ever....no my hair is not grey, my hair is not overly oily or even frizzy....it is falling out!!!!!    Now, I have been losing my hair for 11 years and NOTHING has seemed to work....and Rogaine is a JOKE!!!  But, that is what brings me here....maybe I can get some advice, concern or whatever else it would take for me to get some kind of resolution??!!!  Thanks for all inputs...greatly appreciated!!  
yoshikisquall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yoshikisquall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2005 at 6:09am
Hi'ya new here, well sorta. I've been lurking around the boards for over 3mo and finally sat down and registered myself :) Am hoping to get my hair to grow out to the classic lenght. My hair (curly-ish/wavy-ish) was down to my bra strap (and was at mid back when it was wet/straight) and I then decided to cut it because of all of the damage I did to it XD Hopefully this time around I can swear off the dying/bleaching/excessive and damaging hair styling so I wont damage my hair that way again, heh. It's now a pixie-like cut... So yeah... :) Glad to meet everyone! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7071727374 78>
  Share Topic