Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde Or Red

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wild-Kitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blonde Or Red
    Posted: June 05 2005 at 7:03pm

Hey All

well i go through this phase almost every 2 months damn i need to settle down

well my natural hair colour is light brown / dirty blonde , i m dying it since 7 years now i dyed it every colour u can imagine but the most colour i been with is caramel blonde with highlights

now i turned it into deep red shade with brown base i love it really but it always keep fading and need to refresh the colour that's why i never stay with it long anyway now i have it and it goes very well with my skin tone i m white but i just had a tan not an extreme one just light bronze for a sun kissed summer look and i get so many compliments about the colour

but the thing is now i m banned to let my hair touch sea water or pool water ever with this red colour ( i had an exprience last summer when i had red colour on and the colour faded back to blonde in one sea dip though i use perm dye and colour preserving shampoo and hair protecting gel when i m at the beach ) ....and i cant imagine it really being away from water

so i m thinking of getting back to blonde but the thing is been keeping me away from it is the having to do the roots every month and my hair grow very fast ,and that there's million girls here who turned their hair blonde ...means u walk in the street and 80% of the girls must have in their hair blonde highlights or complete blonde hair............and recently i been little sick so my face looks a little pale so i m afraid the blonde make it look washed out more........other than that i pull up the light blonde on my face pretty nicely

that's me with blonde hair about 3 months ago my hair is quiter longer now and i have short bangs ....sorry i dont have a pic now with red hair so it's up to ur imagination

help please as i m gonna either refresh the colour or change it to blonde in couple of days

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 7:33am
I lost my red at the beach once too, but it wasn't from the water (I didn't go in), it was from being in the sun all day.  The hot sun just bleached it right to yellow.

Are you asking which way you look better?  You look good in the blonde, and you probably look just fine in the red too, that will have to be your decision.  As far as roots go, getting a few blonde highlights mixed with lowlights will need less retouching than dying your whole head blonde. 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2005 at 5:15pm

first thnx for the reply

second well, poor u really just the sun ?! that's extreme means here in egypt the heat is unbelievable it's burnning in the summer luckily i live by the sea so i m always on da beach

partly yea i was asking which i look better but i know i have the kind of face that just goes with about every colour but black ( had bad exprience with it once lol ) anyway i'm like calculating the benefits of being blonde or redhead this summer means which will be less fuss to take care of and still would look good on me

i dont know i may stick with the red cuz it gives me this exotic look with the tan i just got .........it's so confusing

anyway thnx for ur help i appreciate it

and others i need replies now or ELSE ..... 

hehehehehehe j/k

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2005 at 2:44am

well i decided to stay redhead for the moment but my question now is well i mix the red dye with some med. brown dye to get less intense colour i was told that cuz that i mix the red dye it fade faster...is that true ?

thnx all

Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 4:28am

I would think mixing is fine, so long as you mix with another shade of the same brand and type of dye.

More awesome than a manatee!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 6:36am
Yeah, I wouldn't think the mixing would affect the fading.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild-Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2005 at 5:05am

thnx for ur replies i mixed it the colour look better when it's mixed with some brown...

i m still thinking of changing it though i was thinking of all over highlights something like light brown with med blonde and the blonde be more than the  brown and no base colour basicly it's all gonna be highlights i know it's unnatural look but i aint going for natural anyway ...................anyway here's a pic of me with red hair

thnx for replies everyone

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic