Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blow Drying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blow Drying
    Posted: June 07 2005 at 1:21pm

I've been blow drying my hair with a blowdryer with an attachment comb, for awhile now. And I was looking for different ways to do it, but less damanging for my hair.

My hair isnt natural or relaxed, I get It pressed. And I'm trying to cut back on the heat as much as I can as I continue to grow my hair out.

BrownEyez2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownEyez2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:06pm

I think the ideal way to avoid any damage is of course air-drying. If that's not an option, your next best bet is a hooded dryer under low heat or the lowest setting on your hand dryer.  ~hth~

~~LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE!~~
Renee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:10pm
i agree with BE...try airdrying
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 2:13pm
I think I will try air drying then. Is there anything I should use on my hair so it wont frizz up?
Princess1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2005 at 3:41pm

yes!  Check out this website!  Go to the link that talks about shampooing:

www.growafrohairlong.com

if you wash your hair the way that is described you will have minimal tangles and frizz! Believe me, I have never had a perm, and I have 4b hair!  It works!!

To whom much is given, much is expected.
www.fotki.com/princess121
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 8:35am
Thank you guys so much for the information. Im trying the way Robin said it- at growing afro long. I will let you know how it works out for me.
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 10:20am

I have close to waist length, curly natural hair that I press also and this is what I do.  First wash and condition and all that good stuff, then I spray a leave in placenta spray that I got from Sally Beauty Supply on my hair that helps me comb through it.  I brush it back in a smooth pony tail and put a scarf on so my roots will be smooth.  I brush the back into one big curl and sit under the dryer for about a half an hour to 45 minutes.  While under the dryer, when my roots get dry I take the pony tail out and sit for another 20 minutes or so until almost dry.  Then I use Dove sleek and shine creme and blow dry the excess moisture out, then press.  This way is much less damaging because blow dryers are about the worst thing you can use on your hair. 

I use Pantene smoothing comb-in treatment after I shampoo to keep it sleek and frizz free.  It works great.  Hope this helps!

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:41am
Your hair sounds pretty.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic