Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

long hair goals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kristine391 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristine391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 2:18pm
I'm just aiming for my waist (my hair is tapered, and I would like it all one length along my waist or just slightly above). 

My hair becomes WAY too tangled at any other length, since it's not thick at all.

Kris
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2005 at 11:46pm
A few years ago I decided to see how long it could go.  For years I had the standard 'long' hairdo - the longest it got was above the bra strap and I never could get the sides to grow long.  I always admired people with a thick length below the bra strap but never could achive it myself.  I realised that as long as I went to stylists, I would never, ever get it long.  So I stopped going and started trimming it myself.

My hair is now past my waist in the back.

My hair is thick, but with a fine texture.  It can have breakage and having some split ends is something that I live with, as long as the ends don't get that fuzzy look.  I do color my hair, and have read that doing so is no great for those with longer hair.  However, it is very close to my natural color, and since I MAY have seen some gray coming in - I will continue to color regardless - lol.  A few years back, I began coloring to my original color so I could stop coloring.  But when I saw he hint of gray, well, I will not tolerate that.  I will not perm though.

Don't think I will go much longer than it is right now.  Reading some of these response, I could never see getting my hair down to my knees.  I keep shorter bangs in the front but the rest of it is long and tapers down the back in a wider 'U' cut.

I love the feel of long hair and get a kick that I have a hair length that other women pay big bucks for fake extensions to achieve the same look.  There is something timeless and classic about longer hair.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2005 at 5:58pm

Originally posted by Tyranna Tyranna wrote:

I love the feel of long hair and get a kick that I have a hair length that other women pay big bucks for fake extensions to achieve the same look.  There is something timeless and classic about longer hair.

Exactly! And welcome - nice to see a new "face" on the board!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
sakura07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sakura07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2005 at 10:34am

My first goal is mid-back  and my second is waist length, I do not know the amount of inches...But I think my main goal is having healthy hair as long as it will grow

Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 6:02am
My hair is at the moment Bsl but im aming for mid waist. I need to have it trimmed so im looking at another couple of years. As a child I always had my hair to my fingertipps. I have realy thick hair, don´t know weather to have it layered or all in one leanth... What do you guyes think looks the best for thick long hair? 
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2005 at 7:33am
If you're hair is wavy, you could choose layers, as long as you're not planning on wearing your hair up. Layers will keep you from doing a neat updo, and you'll always have pieces popping out when you don't want them to. Short layers won't even stay in a ponytail, which can be really annoying.

If your hair is straight, you should get it blunt cut.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Vicky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 5:15am
My hair is abit wavy, but I have had it cut straight now and i love it (I cut most if the layers of that i had from before)
Sorry to start asking about other things.
Great thread by the way, you guyes are really growing it long. I don't think i've ever seen anyone with hair to their knees 
OceanicDreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OceanicDreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2005 at 2:15pm

It’s great to see everyone’s goals...we will all get there one day.

Currently, my hair is at tailbone length.

My short-term goal, for now, is classic length.

yay i win View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yay i win Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 1:03pm

How are you all measuring your hair? Because it is different lengths, depending on whether you measure it at the top of your head near your part, or the slightly shorter hair underneath it. The hair at the crown of my head measures about 17.5", and the hair beneath it, 15".

Either way, it is roughly boob length right now, and very sad that I cut bangs into it recently. Haha.

So what's the standardized hairboutique measurement technique???

Edited by yay i win
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2005 at 3:26pm
You start at the front hairline, measure over the back of the head and down to the ends of the shortest layer.

If you have different lengths, you can say something like, my shortest layer is x, and my longest layer is x. Or x inches long when dry, stretched out is x.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2005 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Viktoria Viktoria wrote:

Originally posted by Tyranna Tyranna wrote:

Exactly! And welcome - nice to see a new "face" on the board!

Thanks - glad to be here.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2005 at 4:23pm
Belated welcome greetings to Tyranna, Oceanic Dreams, and "yay i win"

Oceanic, thank you for showing your photo of your very beautiful hair!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 12:27pm
I'm posting for Jennifer once again (we just uploaded a new avatar).  She has had long hair most of her life and it was below waist length several years ago.  After a short cut after a bad relationship, she's growing it long once again and is reaching for at least waist length once again and I don't think she'll stop there.  Oh, and regarding the topic of touching hair ... how can one resist?!  I brush it for her at least every morning and night and am the sole volunteer as shampoo (well C.O.) buddy.  I love to touch her hair and can't keep my hands out of it :-). 
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 12:32pm
One more thing .... I see that several people have larger pics at the bottom of each message as a signature.  How is this done?  Is it done as part of the signature?  Do you have to have the picture available on a website somewhere and put a link to it or do you upload the picture to the signature box somehow?  Thanks in advance!
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 12:49pm
I think I figured it out, so I'll give it a try with this post.  **fingers crossed**

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 12:51pm

ETA: Whoops! You got it!

Pictures have to be hosted by some sort of "image hosting provider" such as Photobucket, Tinypic.com, or Imageshack. Tinypic.com will let you load pictures without signing up. You just browse, then click "Host it" and scroll down when the page is finished loading. It will give you a URL. For people who are looking to load a lot of photos for different reasons, then a free hosting account is really cool.

Anyway, so you take the URL and add it to your signature as an IMG tag. (click on Add Image, put the URL between the [ IMG ] tags ) 

Hope this helps!

Anais

Edited by AnaisSatin
my LJ, 40 inches long
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 1:11pm
Thanks Anais for the quick response.  I'm actually hosting this picture from my own webserver at work.  It shouldn't get a lot of traffic so I should be ok hosting it from there.

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 1:16pm
Cool! and Jennifer has totally gorgeous hair too. I just tried the sig pic thingy myself. This is such a cool board feature.
my LJ, 40 inches long
chunt1023 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chunt1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2005 at 1:44pm

my goal is to be at my breast, about 16 inches. i am just below my shoulders now in the back and just above my sholders in the front (i have a mini mullet, kinda but i use clip on extensions so it's cool) with alot, i mean alot of layers. i had a girl put way to many layers in my hair and now the ends are see through. once i reach my goal i hope to have something like this .. just like 6 inches longer

laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 10:17pm
Tiffany Thiesin,  I think she looked better on saved by the bell.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic