Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Davek1013 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Davek1013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello
    Posted: June 09 2005 at 11:47pm

hello

I just found this forum and it looks like it really could help me but i dont know..

Basically, i'm 19, and My hair sucks! Its a fairly light blonde dyed totally black. Its really thin. i have it cut so its a bit shaggy and long.

the amount of hair seems kinda low and i'm not sure why.. it is reallly thin hair just like my mothers(who also has very thin hair). lately i have been seeing a little hair in my bathroom after i have taken showers.. not THAT much but enough so its fairly noticable. I'm worried my hair might not be healthy for some reason. some of the time my hair will be noticably parting..part of this could be sometimes because i havent had it re-dyed in awhile or something.

Another bad thing is my hari is ALWAYS tangly as hell in the morning! I really hate this and I would really like to fix this.. And i dont know if it could be partly because of the dye? Does dye affect the condition of your hair that much? Not lately but sometives it can just WEB up and its like i have an afro... a very very ugly afro.

Hair Dyes.. I really HAAATE my natural color.. I never liked my hair at all when i had it blonde. When i made the change to black i Liked it alot better than before but still not perfect.. Another thing i never had my hair very long when it was blonde, so I really dont know if the condition of my hair and the tanglyness would be there if My hair were long and its natural color..How much can hair dye damage your hair? And as far as color wise.. i really like a dark effect but sometimes it gives an effect like the color isnt quite natural.. It will also look a little red when light hits it. i dont think that part is very noticable. I'm thinking maybe changing it to a darker brown or maybe doing something crazy for a bit like red or blue but i donno how that would look really hehe

how hard is it to change hair dyes? could i have a hair care person Bleach it and then have it re-colored any color i want? I really dont know how that works..

I really really suck at hair and I'd Really like to get to know my hair better and know how to treat it best.. I really dont know much about hair care and I really havent learned much from the people who've cut/dyed my hair in the past.. I'd really like to find a place where I can get some advise and learn how to work my hair better, Hehe.

Anyone have any advise as to where i might be able go from here?  I'm just really frustrated with it :-( at some point i can post some pics to let people see what i'm dealing with..

And yeah sorry if i sound depressed or something lol~ bcuz I have NEVER been very happy with my hair and i'd like to get to the point where i'm Content! 

Thanks and HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 6:59am
Hi!  A person naturally loses about 100 hairs a day.  Its possible that since you dyed it black you are just noticing it more than you ever could have with it being fine and blond before.  Dying it will also cause it to fall out a little more than normal (but not enough that you should worry about thinning hair or anything).   Dying it can also cause it to dry out a bit, especially if you used permanent dye, and instead of just doing your roots when you redo it, pulled it throughout all of your hair.  Which means the hair on your ends may have been dyed a few times, and this starts to be noticeably drier. 

You may want to try a heavier conditioner to help with the tangling (one with silicones in it, or anything in the ingredients ending in "cone").  These heavier conditioners can have issues of their own if you wanted to grow your hair very long, but if you're going to keep it a few inches past shoulder or shorter you should have no problem with them.  If your hair tends to frizz, you may want to go for one that only has one "cone" near the end of the ingredients list, as opposed to something like pantene conditioner, which is full of cones.  If you don't frizz, try pantene.

You could have a hair care person bleach it (you would have to if you wanted to go bright funky colors like blue, or they won't really show up as light and bright...just a tint of that color when you're in the sun).  It's going to be very damaging for your hair to bleach to white for those funky colors though, especially after it being dyed black.  You really may be better off letting the black grow out before going that route if the damage you have now bugs you already.  If you have fine hair its also possible you could hit the breaking point sooner than some other people would with all of that processing (the salon should definitely do a test strand on you to make sure it won't break off). 

It would be less damaging to go to a very dark brown (almost black) and that would likely look more natural than blackest black.  Dyed black can be difficult to work with so I'd still let a salon handle that.

You can learn plenty and get tons of help right here on the Hairboutique forum.  Go to the Hair Color forum for tips on dying, and General Hair Talk or Men's Hair for any other questions such as styling.  Good luck!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
zephyr View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zephyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2005 at 9:15am

hi Dave and Susan,

talking of blue hair, you could have some blue extensions put in, would be cool...

http://www.nailsnsuch
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic