Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Paul Mitchell products

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hairfitness101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Mitchell products
    Posted: June 10 2005 at 12:57pm

Have any of you tried any of the Paul Mitchell products? I have baby fine and curly hair. This can be quite a challenging combination. My curls get frizzy but if I use something to heavy-even on the ends, it makes my hair look greasy and/or thin-ner.

I have been a dedicated user of Aubrey Organics since having a terrible reaction to something(not sure what it was) in some products I was using. I tried switching to various pro-products,even so-called natural ones to no avail. I used Biosilk for quite some time but I think i had silicone overload or something, i had to "dry" out from all that.Even after clarifying, once I would go back, it was the same story.

I can't use Redkin products, I have tried a few of them and i get terrible itchies and dandruff from them. I was wondering if the Paul Mitchell might be different,I like the A.O., but I hate paying shipping costs and waiting for products to come in the mail, and they have leaked on occassion-they never replied to my complaints-not even with an apology. And the health food store charged 16$ for the conditioner ,when they have it in,when they don't,I have to wait 3 weeks for a shipment to come in.

The Paul Mitchell line seems to cover many hairtypes,even a lightweight leave-in spray which sounds perfect for my hair. Well...if anyone has tried any of their products,let me know what you thought of them.Thanks

Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2005 at 11:09pm

I have tried PM products. There are only two that I really like: Shampoo Two, which is a great, non drying clarifying shampoo, and Super skinny conditioner wich works great for curly frizzie hair like mine. But that might be too heavy for you. Oh! I know what you can try. I almost forgot. There is a PM conditioner that I also love. It is called The detangler, and it is great. After putting the stuff on, you can practically just run your fingers though your hair and detangle it. And it is surprisingly light, so it shouldn't weight down your hair. Give it a try. It will probably work very well for you. Too bad you can't use Redken. They work great for me. And they have a line for fine hair. The water rush conditioner is supposed to be great for fine hair. Well good luck. I hope it works.

P.S- Salerm products are super, and they have a line for fine hair. You should give them a try. You can find them at Metrobeauty.com and at justbeautyproducts.com. You can also find some on ebay. There is a seller having a great sale on them right now. Just type in Salerm and you'll see everything he has available.

Edited by Sharyg11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 6:16am
Thank you Sharyg, since I posted that, I actually tried the Paul Mitchell Products. I like the awapui and the moisturizing shampoo and the conditioner that goes with it. the awapui is a little more clarifying so I use it for that purpose,and so it doesnt dry out my fine curls. I did try the detangler by the advice of the girl at the salon but to tell you the truth, I hated it. IT made my hair slimy.I rinsed and rinsed and tried using hardly a dime size amount but still didnt like.I ended up using it for a very expensive shave lotion.But everyone's hair is different and thats the only way to know for sure is to try it. Overall the PM i found to be one of the best salon products I have tried and I have tried MANY! I still have problems with itch though and occassionally get welts from something in these products,I'm wondering if its not the sulfates(which have been said to be carcinogenic)and/or the non-water soluble "cones".Haven't narrowed it down yet what exactly it is but thinking of trying the Abba all natural line.They have a shine/hydrating line that sounds wonderful-no sulfates,not sure about cones in it though.Thanks for the tips though.Appreciate it much.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 3:49pm
Sorry the detangler didn'nt work for you. Your curls must be super fine. Iucky you. I have this curly frizzie mess. You wouln't know it though. People think I have naturally straight hair. I have learn to work some magic with it. Sounds like your scalp is really sensitive. Have you tried the shampoos and condts. from Lamasbeauty.com. They are all natural, and very healthy. My sister has super fine hair which is also thin, and she uses the rice protein line. It works great for her and does not weight her hair down. Give it a try. If it doesn't work, you have 30 days to return it for a full refund. The chinese herbs shampoo would probably be great for your itchy scalp. I bought it when I was having scalp and breakage problems from my nightmare with Thermal Reconditioning, and it was wonderfull. It takes the itchiness away and leaves hair super clean. It is very refreshing. Well, if you decide to try them let me know how it goes.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfitness101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2005 at 7:51pm
Thank you for the tips! I am going to check it out right now, I'll let you know how it goes. It sounds like a great product.
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2005 at 8:44pm
You're welcome. Hope it helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic