Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

rk hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rk hair
    Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:38am
i just got my hair from RK and the hair is so nice.There are no nits.i didnt have any problems with the color(but i also got a dark color).There dont appeat to be any silicones on it as it look like it was cut straight off someones head.Super soft and shiny.The ends do look a little frazzled,but thats why I got the 26".And it is actually 27".I cant wait to put it.
broomeboy1023 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote broomeboy1023 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:42am
what method are you going to use?
and god said let there be hair extensions.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 9:45am
whay color did you get?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:06am
I'm making clip ins out of it.And the hair is#6 which is actually not brown at all but a red color in and out of sunlight.I will have to use a demi on it to darken it a bit.But just a little bit.The hair seems to run pretty light in comparison to everything else.The hair is in beautiful conditon though.Looks like the of friends I have that dont do anything to it(no heat, chemicals,main hairstyle is bun or braid).Seems to be well worth the money I paid for it.If I get another batch(which I most likely will I'll order a #4 next time.i paid this much for my Young Ebony Secret hair and that hair was unusable within a week.I like the way hair looks with the silicone products.But it seems more like to mask whats wrong with the hair.Seems like as soon as it washes off the hair turns into a tangled mass.
Scotchyroo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotchyroo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:33pm
Hi LHD,  I just wanted to know a couple things.  Are you going to make the clips and then cut them or cut the wefts first?  Also, how many clips make up a full set for you?  Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 1:45pm
I cut them first into the size i need then put on the clips.I'm not good at guesstamating(new word).For myself I used 8 ounces(26").I doubled each peice over for thicker peices.I got handtied so I had to put glue where I cut.I used latex.Lets see I have two 8" peices.Two 5" peices.Two 4" peices.Two 2  1/2 ".And four 2" peices.I used every bit i could,lol,.I knew it would take all 8 ounces to blend right with my short hair.This hair is truly double drawn.It nice not to have  those short hairs all over the place.
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 2:06pm
Hey are we going to get some pics out of you or what?

I think you've been around long enough and that I haven't seen any pics of your hair yet.  If I'm wrong please point me in the direction of your show off  posts.

plus who doesn't want to see this beautiful hair on someones head instead of displayed on tables?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2005 at 2:27pm
i know i know,lol.I havent had any pics yet.I just have to set up my camcorder.We got a new computer this year and I've just been too lazy to set it up.i will try and post pics this time.I've always wanted to.But my last two installs were disastrous.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 7:15am
After washing a weft quite a few times and playing with it, I decided this will be my next install. Can't wait to see how this stuff wears.

Can I see a pic of #6?

Anyone seen this in 613 yet?
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 1:51pm

hello-

ok i went thru the hair today-

613 weft, 18 in long-

it is really thick, the texture feels thick and could even be considered a coarse feeling, not scratchy, just not silky soft. I havent washed it yet. i have found 4 nits in one of the wefts and didnt really go thru the other one yet. it was creepying me out.

the color is almost identical to the color 22 which amm had gotten. I also got a color ring and held the two colors together, 22 and 613 and they look almost identical- the 613 looks a tiny teeny  bit cooler. however, they really do look the same. When i held the hair up, there were some different lengths hanging down, i ordered double draw, i thought the hair was suppossed to be all one length.

the indivuduals i got yea i blew it i ordered the nail tips- they will have to be cut and then heated and spun, to make the tips round. the hair feels really silky soft, unlike the weft hair. i ordered them in 22 and 24 colors. i ordered the nail tip on one of them in keritin, and the other in silicon, i will report back later the differences once i make them round tips. when i held the 22 near the weft 613, they were identical. some companies make tow of the same colors and use different numbers, they are trying to keep everyones numbers the same with other companys, this is why i think they do that.

i received the order in about 5 days maybe even 4 days, cant remember now. the invoice i received said the cost was 7.60 each weft, not sure why that was said, i will check my credit card payment to double check when i get it. i thought i paid much more.

i am planning on installing a weft like i usually do them, with locs to hold it in.

i have a color ring now so i will also take a pic and post that too.

i will take some pics today and try to post them.

Edited by TanglesRC
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:03pm
OK, good to know about the colors. Anxious to see those pics and especially see what their tips look like.

The nits are more a nuisance than anything else. There is no health concern from them whatsoever. One of the drawbacks of Third World hair. I have a few wefts that have none in them.

re: charges they document in your package. They do that for customs avoidance. My first order came with a low invoice amount. My second package had "no commercial value" and a big zero on payment price.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:12pm

The hair on the left is the #6 the hair, on the right is #4(dyed with demi perm.)The #4 is truly a number 4 .

Edited by Longhairdreams
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 2:34pm
tangles

How much of a difference of shorties on the double drawn?

I thought there would still be a bit of shortness in the last 1/4 of the length with double drawn...
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:31pm
Posting for Tangles who provided these pics of the RK hair & ring she received. Thank you! I love the cherry colors on that ring!

both nail head tips 22 and 24

nail head tips the top is 22 with silicon tip, under it is color 24 with keritin tips

weft, 613 14 in long

this is the ends of the weft doesnt look like a lot needs to be trimed

this is the color ring- starting on the left top corner, next to the yellos one is the order of the colors-
1 1b 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 12 14 18 22 24 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 33b 35 613 bug green orange yellow

this is both colors on the color ring- the 613 is closer to the red on left the 22 is next to the 613 not that much of a difference.

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:38pm

Ok - on that ring is a number 3

but when I try to order it is not an option

confused??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:38pm
my #6 doesnt look anything like the one on the ring?.maybe its just out of stock laura?So does that mean the site is up and running again? 

Edited by Longhairdreams
TanglesRC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TanglesRC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:40pm

THANKS SO MUCH AMM,  your such a sweetie!

i tired to upload them or move them from my files- i dont do that stuff too well.

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:41pm

Yes, I am on the site right now ordering

but I am trying to guess what colors to get

LauraR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LauraR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:43pm

#6 was one of the ones I was going to get

how is yours different? lighter? darker?

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:45pm
Yeah, like I said, the color ring is probably more of a guide than anything else. There's also resolution differences in monitors and I believe I see flash on the ring so...

All things considered, I'm so diggin the price and look of this stuff.

Now I'm going to play with some hair dye I got.

Tra la la la laalaala ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic