Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Faux, knock-off, and just plain fake!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
~1stLady~ View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ~1stLady~ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faux, knock-off, and just plain fake!
    Posted: June 13 2005 at 11:24pm
whats your took on the fakes? To rock or not to rock?
~1stLady~
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 6:02pm

I have never known a person in the position to buy a real Chanel bag. I have never known anyone who needed a real Chanel bag either, or who tried to convince anyone that´s what she had. I have seen a few Chanel bag-like bags, though.

I would never look down upon a person trying to complete a Chanel-look with a Chanel-like bag. Neither would I look up upon a person owning and flashing a real one in my face (and they would have to flash a great deal for me to notice!). Thing is, I love handbags, love the feel, look and function of a great bag. I use them for years. I like to own a classic bag, because when it breaks, I can get a new one exactly like it. I guess that´s how I feel about brands!

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2005 at 10:57am
ROCK! Got two buckets full, Korea is the land of fake and I'm taking full advantage.
"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
muneca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muneca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 4:44am

Originally posted by fullxdiva fullxdiva wrote:

ROCK! Got two buckets full, Korea is the land of fake and I'm taking full advantage.

thats righhhhhhhhhht.. im all for this.

AmberJune View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmberJune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 06 2005 at 1:28pm
not to rock..... there are too many people out there that know the difference!!  Real ones are a great investment!
*AmberJune* http://twitter.com/AmberJune01
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 07 2005 at 11:08am

Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

not to rock..... Real ones are a great investment!

investments for what? do they gain value, so that at a later time you can make a trade for a bigger return or a better bag. can you make a withdrawal from it? nahhhh...... handbags are are like clothes fads, eventually they come and they go. if i want to make a real investment, i take the money i would spend on a "real" purse and put it into an IRA, mutual fund, CD, bond, or even a savings accounts, something that might actually give me a return or show me some growth for my investment. I'd be crazy to spend hundreds of dollars on a purse when i can get one that looks just like it for little or nothing. i don't think i know many people that could actually afford to buy real handbags so i don't really worry about them being able to tell if mine is real or not, besides i don't think they could tell either way or careless one way or the other.   

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
mandabear324 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandabear324 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 7:12am
Amber -- I just looked at your pictures and you are GORGEOUS!  Perfect teeth, awesome tan, and great hair.  Looks like you and the gals have had some good times ;)
Rabbithead View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rabbithead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2005 at 5:13pm

I personally would never spend more than $100 for a handbag. That's just a waste of money. Plus, I like to change handbags frequently so I don't wanna have anything expensive.

pinksummer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinksummer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2006 at 3:28pm

A bag is a bag. If it looks good and holds things in it then by all means go for it!

Does it really matter what brand it is as long as it's cute?

MsMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 7:04pm

Originally posted by AmberJune AmberJune wrote:

not to rock..... there are too many people out there that know the difference!!  Real ones are a great investment!

A fellow fashionista I see, that's what I say, but only a classic bag that isn't going to ever go out of style ie; LV brown monogram, or the Chanel one with all the pockets, but there is no point in spending your whole pay check on a bag that would be sooo played out by next week just to say you have the real thing!

I'm all for buying a fake 'bag of the moment'  as long as it looks good enough to fool the untrained eye, JV or some other weird thing just won't cut it!

ISpeaksFacts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ISpeaksFacts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 4:41pm
If you're able to afford the real I say go for the real.  However, if you rock a fake one do you!  I buy the real thing, but there's NOTHING wrong if someone else rocks the replica. 
"Life is betta' with LOTS of cheddar!" -Sommore on The Parker's
fullxdiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fullxdiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 1:48pm

To be real or not to be real? I'd have to say....NOT!  And at this point, even if I could afford to actually buy the "real" thing, why would I? That's out of the question.

The price I would pay for a "real" small handbag. I can get a variety of sizes and colors, in LV, Chanel, Coach, Fendi, Dooney&B. My 11 year old has a LV and a coach.

For $60, I can get very nice medium to large size LV bag, with matching scarf, belt, and hair clips, and depending on where I shop I might have change left over. I'd be crazy to pass that up, and anyone in my shoes would too!

Nope, there will be no authentic bags for me. I'm saving my big bucks for the "real" investments. I'll let you know how that goes when I hit early retirement.

"Not Lucky Just Blessed"
solipglossed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solipglossed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2006 at 5:33pm

I own tons of real. I have LV, Coach, Dooney & Bourke, etc. I have a fake Chanel braclet though.

Personally I like real better. Fakes just support bad stuff... It's illegal.

songstress View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote songstress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2006 at 4:07am

If youre not "materialistic" or in to exspensive labels  then why even opt for a knock-off bag? You are buying it for the name right? Today some one I know bought a fake coach and was like I dont care if it's real I don't want people to think that I am trying to be more than what I am Then why get a fake bag at all? You buy knock off beacuse you admire the real and wish you could afford it. P.S I own a couple of coach bags and am in the process of buying more!

jasmine wills
greendragonscal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greendragonscal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2006 at 8:40pm
I dont see any problem with having a fake. I get tons of fake Tiffany jewelry and my sister has the real and there is no difference from the ones I get. They are awsome , I would like to get a faux chanel clear cuff bracelet with the rhinetones, and the faux chanel clear sunglasses with chanel written down the side in rhinestones. Hey if you can work it , it doesnt matter if you are wearing Faux Tiffany earrings , a ralph Lauren Thong and swinging a coach bag as long as you dont look like a hefty bag , do your thing and let the others deal, my life is too short . lol....  And if anyone know where I can get those things I want on the web do me a fav and drop me the line..
michie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2006 at 9:57pm
Sorry....If you can't afford it, don't fake it. You just look silly, desperate or gullible walking around with a fake bag. People KNOW and it's not a good look. Even if I had to save and buy real, I would. It makes no sense to buy a fake $50 bag when you can buy a real Ralph Lauren, Guess or something else at TJ Maxx or somewhere.
thinhairgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thinhairgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2006 at 8:29pm
HI, I'M LOOKING TO GET SOME FAKE PURSES TOO..DID YOU GET ANY RESPONSES REGARDING WHERE WE CAN FIND THEM?
kellie7777 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kellie7777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 11:42pm
A good purse is hard to find if you ain't got the cash. but life is too short to hang up on, to be or not to be REAL.
Thank goodness for those knock off artist out there, bringing some measure of joy to a person that can only afford a nice looking fake purse.

I would like for people to be real, their accessories don't have to be.
Shyanne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shyanne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2006 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Viktoria Viktoria wrote:

I would never look down upon a person trying to complete a Chanel-look with a Chanel-like bag. Neither would I look up upon a person owning and flashing a real one in my face (and they would have to flash a great deal for me to notice!). Thing is, I love handbags, love the feel, look and function of a great bag. I use them for years. I like to own a classic bag, because when it breaks, I can get a new one exactly like it. I guess that´s how I feel about brands!

I agree whole heartedly!
And, I...I've got nothing to offer you, no no, just this heart deep and true, which you say you don't need...Know in your soul, please...For haven't you me, with you now? And I love you, I love you...
Lane08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lane08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 04 2006 at 10:49pm
I would never wear a fake designer bag. Ew.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic