Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PLEASE HELP: Gray coverage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Oxford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PLEASE HELP: Gray coverage
    Posted: June 14 2005 at 4:02pm

Can someone please help me, i have over 50% gray hair and i am natural black, I have been using the JUST for Men permanent hair dyes to cover the grays and stay natural black and was shocked to learn about the hazardous chemicals it contains to colour the hair, and since i have been reading the article on herbavita i would like to try their range of permanent or semi permanent dyes to cover my gray hair and would like someone to help me choose the right one. I want to keep the natural hair colour. Which will be better semi or permanent. I also have gray hair on the sides which are often difficult to dye so would herbavita be suffice or would i need to use two different products. Also i have the problem of the hair looking often light brown in sun altho i have dyed it black, are their any products i could use to prevent the hair from looking light brown in the sun. 

All help would be appreciated.  

eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2005 at 10:06pm
The only way to see if this product will work sufficiently for you is to try the products. I would recommend the permanent dyes, as semipermanent doesn't generally cover gray well. It didn't cover mine, anyway.

Generally you would do a strand test to make sure you get the results you want, but I think that the worst that can happen here is that your hair won't be black enough, or the results will be too temporary. Why don't you try it to see how it works? You can always switch to a stronger product later.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Oxford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 8:56pm
Thanxs katherine for the help, very much appreciated. BTW do you have any tips to stop the shine during sunny days, altho i have black hair on sunny days it glows like light brown.
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2005 at 9:16pm
Sorry, I color my hair a natural auburn. When I used to do other red colors, I had a purplish cast to my hair, but it looks natural now. Perhaps this product will give you the effect you're looking for without the side effects you don't want.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Oxford View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oxford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 9:57pm
Thanxs katherine, your help is always appreciated. I hope this product is the answer.
swede View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swede Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2005 at 9:31am

For grey coverage you definatly need a permanent dye with ammonia.

Go to a beauty supply and get yourself proffesional dye or buy hairdye online.

I'd suggest using wella colorcharm 211* Very Dark Brown, for best grey coverage you'll need to use 20 volume developer, extend processing time with about 5-10 minutes for even better grey coverage.

http://www.sleekhair.com/7602.html

If you want a higher quality dye i'd suggest using Goldwell Topchic Permanent dye, it lasts longer than colorcharm.

Chose shade 2A (neutral black)

Use with Goldwell Topchic Professional Peroxide developer, it's important that you use 20 volume/6% to get grey coverage, process for 40 minutes.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic