Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair comes out on comb

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair comes out on comb
    Posted: September 23 2005 at 8:54pm

Jhair is right. However even though wearing a hat or bandana will not cause your hair to fall out, wearing them to tight can cause breakage. The area that is tightly wrap, is in constant friction with the hat or bandana, and this could lead to breakage. Also, if you use any kind of styling products such as gel or mouse, make sure you use a good clarifying shampoo at least once a week. Product build up can also cause breakage. And last but not least, if you use a come, you need to invest in a good quality brand, that has teeth that have been smoothed out. They don't have those sharp ridges in the inner part of the teeth. Those ridges not only pull your hair out, but damages the cuticle of the hair that is left. A good come to get is a Mason Pearson. You can buy it cheaper on ebay. They range between $13 and $18 depending on the kind. Well, good luck.

P.S-Go to Lamasbeauty.com and get a bottle of the chinise herbal shampoo. The stuff is great for hair loss. It is also all natural and has no sulfactants.

baller5000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baller5000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2005 at 5:44pm
man wow

Jhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 05 2005 at 12:08am
Your "head" doesn't need to breathe as the only alive part of you hair is inside your scalp. Be sure to not pull your hair back in a pony-tail that often because that will lead to short, broken hairs because the hair around the hairline is finer and will break easily with pulling stress. The hair naturally sheds 50-100 hairs a day- if you are over brushing this will cause more hairs to prematurely shed. One smart move was to quit using the comb and switching to the brush. Check on your hair products- especially with long hair- you have to use good, professional hair products. Hair grows about 1/2 inch a month, so in a year the average persons hair will grow about 6 inches.
Jhair
CyberMane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CyberMane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2005 at 11:25pm

Originally posted by mike505 mike505 wrote:

Also, I have my hair under some kind of covering almost all of the day, from a loose bandana to a hat when i am at work.

Could this bandana be your culprit?  Could it be hair needs to be free?  Could it be you are suffocating your scalp?

I wonder...

Charlene

mike505 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike505 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 4:37am

I am 20 and I am growing my hair out long.  I have a full head of hair and it is pretty thick.  Also, I have my hair under some kind of covering almost all of the day, from a loose bandana to a hat when i am at work.

I use a comb in my hair and every time brush hair gets stuck in the teeth of the comb.  If I go a while without combing and i run my fingers through my hair and pinch hair comes out.  Also, it seems as if the hair that comes out on the comb is all different kinds, from the uber thin to the long and thick to the curly hair.

Am i going bald, am i pulling my hair out, or is this natural shedding that occurs? 

Either way, should I discontinue using a comb and if so, what kind of brush should i use?

HELP

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic