Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWomen Suddenly Cutting their hair short

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 4:56pm
Having kids has everything to do with it.When you have a baby you dont have time to fuss over long hair,your lucky if you can get in a shower.

I have never done anything that was trendy~I like being different.I only cut my own hair short because it needed it because it was damaged.
I think you have alot of really negative comments that are un-nessacary and rude.People can do whatever they want to their hair and dont need you telling them they are doing it because they are trendy and brainwashed.
Rosalie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 5:20pm
Quote Having kids has everything to do with it.When you have a baby you dont have time to fuss over long hair,your lucky if you can get in a shower.

What a load of horsesh*t, honestly. I know several single mothers who not only have time to have long hair, but dye it pretty colours, dress in interesting clothes, etc. Babies are obviously hard work but you do not spend every waking minute doing nothing but staring at them to make sure they don't explode. And couldn't you wash/comb/trim your hair while watching a baby?

Alright, not everyone is like that, but the fact that many people can do several "Pretty" measures and still be GREAT mothers says a lot. Long hair isn't that hard to keep at all. I've had long hair and short hair. I prefer how short hair looks, but it's only slightly easier to take care of; you have to style short hair, whereas long hair looks interesting from the get go.

The issue here isn't that it's in any way difficult to have long hair and be a mother, but that you seem to believe it is more mature to accept the mundane route through a landmark "growing up" situation.

I have no problem if it IS what someone wants. I have short hair, and there was no reason for someone in my situation to want it because of any other reason than I wanted.

However, you keep bringing up a rather invalid reason as to why you have short hair. You seem to think that "because" you have kids you "shoul" have short hair.

Quote I only cut my own hair short because it needed it because it was damaged.

That's the second time you've switched your position.

Quote I think you have alot of really negative comments that are un-nessacary and rude.

Or maybe comments people don't want to hear? You can't be sheltered all your life.

This is a debate on why women cut their hair short when they get older. Debates can get heated. If you can't take it, then you can leave the topic. I may have aggressive tactics but my methods are still technically valid.

Quote People can do whatever they want to their hair and dont need you telling them they are doing it because they are trendy and brainwashed.

Do you not see the contradiction there? If people are following trends or being subtly controlled otherwise, how is what they want?

Statistics are the key here. It statistically isn't possible that so many women can suddenly make the choice to cut their hair. That's not what a "choice" is. It indicates a presence of a bias factor. Please read up on basic probability before making such statements.

Listen, I really, REALLY despise faux-maturity; the idea that people should get duller with age "just because". To me, it is a disgusting and uttely pretentious concept that only harms people horribly. It is something I will never be friendly in the face with. If you think I'm being "Mean" to you, then please accept that I do not believe in sheltering people, nor do I think it's appropriate when it's quite blatant how easily people are controlled with such throwaway notions.

Edited by Rosalie - March 11 2007 at 5:24pm
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 6:08pm
" It's just a trend. Some people will tell you it's functionality over style but most of them are really just trend whores.

Short hair looks horrid, tacky, worn out and dull on older women. It's a youthful thing."

It has nothing to do with being sheltered.It has to do with you not having enough tact when speaking. there are ways to say things and get your point across without being offensive to other people.calling someone a trend whore is frankly inappropriate,and possibly against the terms of service here.

Obviously you dont know how to read.The forum question was Why do some women suddenly cut their hair short. One of the reasons I offered was that NEW MOTHERS  dont have time.They arent looking at their babies 24 hours a day as you said.babies need to be fed every 3 hours,and DONT SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT at first. The fact you dont know this leads me to believe you are VERY IMMATURE.
The reasons I cut my own hair are my business alone.And I dont appreciate being called a trend whore by you.Funny how,I dont see a picture in your avatar.maybe you arent as hot as you think.
DesertDavid View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 11 2007 at 7:34pm
My mother was shorthaired and my grandmother was longhaired and usually wore it up in a bun or twist. I liked my grandmother's personality a heck of a lot better than I liked my mother's. So I have always naturally gravitated towards women with long hair who put it up.  That has been true as to the women I have selected for dates and from whom I have accepted invitations for dates and my two marriages. There are many women who take pride in growing, caring for, and styling their long hair, and those are the women most compatible with me. I fully realize that others have different tastes--there are women who like their hair short and men who like shorthaired women. They're made for each other just as long haired women were made for me. For every Jack there is a Jill. Women of course have a right to whatever hair lenght and style they choose just as men have a right to select whatever women they choose for companionship and/or marriage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic