Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Some advice before I go and buy hair dye.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ClaireBhere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireBhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Some advice before I go and buy hair dye.
    Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:30pm

I have dark red hair, the red is really red, particularly in the light.

I've gone from being blond for two years, to red/brown just after christmas. I've used two permanent and two semi colours since then.

For some reason I have decided I hate being this dark and I want to just go back to a light brown.

The last colour I used was a semi, the blonde underneath should have all but grown out, I've had my hair cut three times since then and it is short - two inches there abouts.

I figured using a hi-light blonde permanent, expecting it to go a light reddish colour, then a semi dark blonde/light brown over the top.

I'm not worried about damaging the hair particularly, more the colour it will turn out. I suppose I can always stick a darker semi over it if it turns the colour of gravy.

Any thoughts? I'm in the UK and the chemist shuts at 10pm (two and a half hours) :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireBhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 1:32pm

sorry - hi-light should read "high lift" as in a Level 3 hydrience or similar

As I said, I'm not worried about damaging the hair - its had a rest in the past six months compared to the frequency I used to dye it platinum blonde :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClaireBhere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 3:41pm

Hmmm, the pink hair, blonde roots look is one that is growing on me

Veronica F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veronica F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2005 at 5:01pm
I think u'll have to remove the red before the hi-lift will b effective enough to lift and deposit light brown color.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic