Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

FREE SAMPLES and a NEW TUTORIAL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Cali-Kristin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FREE SAMPLES and a NEW TUTORIAL
    Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:05am

Free Samples

Please send your mailing address to:

Kristin@HairCandy.net

to receive your free sample.

Sample includes:

4 Fusion Chips

4 Shrink Tubes

4 Medium Extendtubes (one in each color)

Fusion Chips are the newest addition to the world of Hair Extensions. The bond is made from a new revolutionary adhesive designed specifically for hair extensions. You will not find this product sold other form or in any other shop, they are sold exclusively from HairCandy.net. This is not the same adhesive as the other fusion products I sell, it is far superior. If you had have difficulties applying extensions or having them shed or fall out too quickly in the past, these are the answer to your problem.

Fusion Chips

Fusion Chips can be use apply a full head of hair extensions or to reattach the hair extensions you've had.

Introducing:

HairCandy Fusion Chips

Step #1

Pin back the above layers of hair and isolate a small section of your natural hair using a hair template as shown.

Step #2

Cut a small strand of the extension weft to be applied.

If reapplying used extensions, simply snip the tip of the hair so that there is no adhesive residue from past applications.

Step #3

Place the extension strand over the small section of natural hair.

Step #4

Place a single fusion chip in the tip of your

fusion wand and let it melt. Next, tap the wand shut to get both sides coated with the adhesive

Step #5

Keep one hand holding the extension (my left hand is not pictured because I had to hold the camera) and use the other hand to apply the melted Fusion Chip to the hair.

Clamp down the fusion wand for just a few seconds until all of the hair gets saturated with the adhesive.

Make sure to leave about 1/4"-1/3" of space between the scalp and the bond so that it does not pull too tightly.

Step #6

Caution: the adhesive will be HOT

Quickly set down the Fusion wand and roll the bond between your fingers. I highly recommend using finger protectors for this so you do not burn your fingers.

Step #7

Congratulations, you just installed a fusion extension!

Fusion Removal

Step #1 Using a pair of pliers (with ridged teeth) crunch the bond a couple times with the pliers. Turn 1/4 of a turn and crunch the bond a few more times.

Step #2 Put one or two drops of acetone on the bond (acetone= nail polish remover).

Step #3 With the acetone going to work dissolving the bond, crunch the bond a few more times in the pliers. Turn 1/4 of a turn and crunch again.

Step #4 The bond should have begun to break down and crack off. Now pinch your natural hair between where the bond and the scalp are and use your other hand to lightly pull the very end of the extension. The bond should give way enough for the hair to be pulled out. There still may be some bond residue on your natural hair that can be picked at with your finger nail or a small comb.

*If the bond is stubborn, repeat steps 2-4 until it comes off*

Edited by CaliforniaKristin
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:21am
I havent even considered fusion in a long time but that looks really easy.Is it real hard to get the glue out kristin.?I'm not very patient.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:29am

It's SUPER esay to take them out, I even took out a fresh one, which is typically the hardest to remove, and it came out with ease. Just follow the take out instructions. 

I put in quite a few new extensions on myself a little while back with these chips and they are amazing! They are so good that I decided to give out free samples so you can see for yourself   

-Kristin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:42am
I would like a free sample.What info from me do you need and I email it over.How much for shipping?
Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 3:23am
Fantastic, just e-mailed you Kristenxxx
jodie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jodie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 4:47am
That seems realy easy, and saves the hassle of pre-tipping hair. excellent!! i'll have to try them.
*jodie*
   X
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 5:57am
That looks really easy to do on someone else. But to do on my own head sounds impossible. By the time I would get the wand positioned right while looking in reverse in the mirror I think the melted glue would run off the tip of the wand. What do ya think?
Club Salon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Club Salon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:41am
Kristin, I was just on your site..I need some finger protectors..and I noticed that your image file take a very long time to load even with my DSL, if you change the files to .jpg vice .bmp you will see a major decrease in the time it takes them to load.
Club Salon
http://www.clubsalonspa.com
mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 10:44am
hey I was just htinking last n ight that I needed to place an order with you anyhow.

I'll put in a note for the free sample or something...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:05am

If you'd like the free sample just send me your mailing address and I'll get them out to you asap, no shipping required.

Sherrie- Just like any extensions method they take a couple tries to get the techinque down solid. The adhesive isn't too runny so it wans't too hard to get them in on the back of my head. Just send me your mailing info and I'll send you out some to try for yourself.

Club Salon: Thanks for the website advice, actually all of my pictures are JPEG or BMP but for some reasons certain computers have not been able to view them. This is a problem I was trying to have fixed with a new webdesigner who eventually flaked on me. I working on it again with a new designer and I'm meeting with him this weekend so the new site may be up as early as Monday.  If you'd rather me send you a payment request for the protectors just drop me an email to Kristin@HairCandy.net

-Kristin

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 11:37am

OOOOOOOOOH !! That's exciting!

I really love the X-10 glue; you're saying this is better ??  I've been making basically tips with chips on the ends of them. . .I make a flat pretip with latex, then go over it with a tiny bit of hot glue from the gun that I flatten out. These have been holding *so well*, AND they are also easy to remove.

I just emailed you to get my free samples!!  How much will they sell for? ?

gsmilie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gsmilie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:24pm

Fina Fina

Do you those tips with shrinkies?  Doesn't your hot glue melt into the hair when you apply them?  What kind of latex do you use????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cali-Kristin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 12:45pm

Wow Fina it sounds like you're doing a great job! See fusion is great huh?!? hehe

Yes, this fusion is even better! I have them in right now and I haven't had any shedding and the bonds are harder than the fusion sticks... I think I'm in love

There's a page to purchase them here: http://www.haircandy.net/fusionchip.htm

-Kristin

Amanda8Beechwoo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amanda8Beechwoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:02pm
Yes on my work computer I can view your pictures (thank god) but on my home computer I can't boo hoo xx
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:42pm
The site works fine to me and I have just regular cable-provided hi speed whatever. I just ordered chips, too.

Wow. Fina is one creative gal. That's a brill idea to tip the tip with a bit of fusion glue. I'm having a heck of a time with shrinkie fallout in addition to the nonstop shedding from pinchbraids. I'm a mess.

You are using the tips with shrinkies, aren't you, Fina?
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 1:52pm

NOPE. Pure fusion. I've been just like, hanging out with these babies, and they are awesome - and come out so easily.

I use the "Proclaim" latex first. The reason I do that is because it makes the glue so much easier to work with -- the hair doesn't get all messy. I fan the hairs out, make a very nice, flat square of latex; like 1/4" x 1/4". When that's dry (in like 30 seconds) I take the hot gun, and spread the glue over the existing "tip". You can trim the tip once it dries and make a nice neat little "chip". They look just like Kristin's, except they're attached to the hair. I'll post some pics this weekend. I am going to bleach my Virgin hair and pretip it.

To install, it's just like working with any other keratin pre-tip. The only thing is that glue is so @#$(*& hot! I heat it up, let it sit about 5 seconds, then roll from the top down.

Syren - 1) nonstop shredding? WHUDDUP???  I noticed you lurking around in the human hair discussions () and was wondering how the PB/PH install was holding up. . .

Syren - 2) I used *your* pretipping with the glue gun method -- just ever so slightly modified it cuz I could *not* do a neat enough job with just the glue on the hair.

Edited by FinaFina
Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 2:44pm
Not to jack the thread or anything, but yeah, I'm shedding like a big dog constantly. And have lost 30 pbraids so far. It blows, truly. Don't know what to say about that except that maybe I'm not going to do pb's again. They seem to not work for me.

Let's talk more about the pretip/fusion hybrid you've got going.

Okay so let me get this straight. You do a pre-pretip with latex. Then when it's 'cured,' you add fusion glue to the latex tip and install as you would any keratin tipped strand. Is that right?! They remove easily and the strand is still intact because of the latex? Now THAT is frickin' brilliant, really! Can you reuse the strand?

I can see how a person could use these chips to install a latex-tipped strand - that's what I'm gonna do! I want to try the chips cuz Kristin says the adhesive is even better than X10, and I think X10 rocks!
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 3:10pm
Wow- someone could pre-tip strands for other methods (like shrinkies or microrings) pretty easily with these chips too, it seems! Sounds like a great method for a DIYer who already has a heat wand.

-Rae
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 3:14pm

OK that shedding is *not right*. You need to contact your gal and let her know that like she didn't tie the knots or something!!

Re the pretip/fusion hybrid thing. YES you got it right, and YES the strands are still intact. Great idea - do the latex thing with the chips. Hmm. . sounds like a party mix!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2005 at 5:22pm
Ooh.I never even considered fusion after all I read about great lengths and stuff.I'm pretty cheap so the idea of being able to reuse the hair with fusion is brilliant.I cant wait to get my sample so I can try this out.The latex tip with the chip is sheer genius.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic